PDA

View Full Version : Tan lines

wilt575
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
With warmer weather comming up, how you feel about bikini swim suit tan lines? Both having/getting them or watching them at the beach or other places?

stacycoral
03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
O, i love tan lines, i have had them for the last two summers, i go lay out a lake during the week when there is hardly no people there, also have a place at home to lie out. Once you have them good, plan on seeing them for many months, if your worried about some else them, you have to think about this, personal i hind them from my family but not my other half.She has even gone with me you could say as a look out. Sometimes it nice to have a motherhen around.

paulaloha
03-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I have always wanted to go out in a bikini! Just haven't gotten one to go out in yet. I may try that this summer as I have been thinking about it for years.

My only thing is that most bikini tops fit me very loosely and I don't like that too much. Maybe I'll try to get a pair of small swim forms or something.

Anyone else had any experience with swim forms?

Jacqueline Winona
03-10-2012, 01:47 AM
WOuld love to try, but my wife would never go for it.

girlygirly
03-10-2012, 03:25 AM
I still have tanlines from last year. I've been tanning in a bikini bottom for years, but have no desire to explain the tanlines from wearing a top.

Jennifer in CO
03-10-2012, 08:42 AM
agree with Girly...While working in the barn last two summers I usually wore one of three tank tops...all three the same style - spaghetti straps that go up over the shoulder then cross each other to the other side in the back - in black, white and yellow. If I go stand in front of a mirror right now, you can still plainly see the strap marks on the front and cross-marks on my back. Not sure if those tops will make it another summer but if they do, by July it will look like I'm wearing the top with nothing on!

Jenn

sherri
03-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I sunbathe in brazilian-cut panties every summer and the tan lines last all winter. Luv it.

Sandra1746
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Tan lines and tank tops go with the CD persona. I wear racerback tops while mowing my yard and that produces a distinctive tanline. If anyone asks I'll tell them I like that style of top.

Press on,
Sandra1746

Sam-antha
03-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I have always wanted to go out in a bikini! Just haven't gotten one to go out in yet. I may try that this summer as I have been thinking about it for years.

Its time to stop thinking and go and get one and then wear it. tan lines do not happen in any exciting way without at least one part of a bikini.

Sam-antha
03-10-2012, 09:41 AM
My only thing is that most bikini tops fit me very loosely and I don't like that too much. Maybe I'll try to get a pair of small swim forms or something.

Anyone else had any experience with swim forms?

I have never heard of wwim forms, there is nothing wrong with the standard silicone variety is there ? Especialy when yo como out of the water wearing them with that minimal bikini top that yo are going to buy.

~Samm

~Joanne~
03-10-2012, 09:44 AM
I dread summer. I do a lot of outside work and tan quite a bit. I usually wear a tank top which isn't all that bad but the shorts and ankle socks leave a bit to be desired. Last year it looked like I was wearing footless pantyhose when I had no shoes or socks on lol

Personally I think one of the main things that make a lot of us unpassable is the farmer tans we get. JMO

Annie D
03-10-2012, 10:04 AM
I just love my tan lines, they make me feel even more feminine when I look in the mirror and see them. This seems to be a "caution day" for me but ladies be aware that the tie at the neck bikini tops will leave a tan line above the collar of a golf shirt and it is an unmistakeable sign of what you have been wearing. That is why GG's untie the top string and the string across the back when tanning their backside. They do not want to see that type of tan line when wearing a tank top or jog bra. Two cute triangle patches on my chest is ever so naughty!

Cristi
03-10-2012, 10:44 AM
In the Spring of last year, I went outside to hang some laundry with a bra on (it looked pretty much like a bikini top). It was the first time I'd gotten any Sun that year so I tanned REALLY quickly.

I hung up the laundry, did a few other quick things, then took a walk around the yard. Total time outside, maybe 20 minutes. I felt warm, but nothing drastic.

Well, fast forward to later in the evening. I was getting ready to take a shower and caught a glimpse of my self in the mirror. I had a mild sunburn and STRONG tan/burn lines showing the entire outline of the bra on my chest, plus the straps and the band across my back! I could even see the outlines of the fine details of the bra, like the adjusters on the straps and the little round grommets where the straps attached to the band.

Fortunately I don't go out shirtless often. Even by Fall, it was still easily visible, so I had to spend the entire Summer being careful not to take off my shirt if anybody else was around.

It was a bother, but still kind of fun knowing that even when not under-dressed, I had that semi-permanent reminder of that day...

PretzelGirl
03-10-2012, 11:08 AM
If you decide to do it, remember that you may have to take your shirts off for doctors and nurses down the road. For many, it isn't a problem. But if it will be for you, give it a second thought.

Alice B
03-10-2012, 12:17 PM
In the summer I usually tan all over as swim suits are optional at my house. Would love to wear and have bikini suit tan lines, but I would look awful in one and no one would ever see them besides my wife. So, whats the point.

Oilpainter35
03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I love to see the white lace lingerie over a tanned skin...mmmmm looks, and feels wonderful

wilt575
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I just love my tan lines, they make me feel even more feminine when I look in the mirror and see them. This seems to be a "caution day" for me but ladies be aware that the tie at the neck bikini tops will leave a tan line above the collar of a golf shirt and it is an unmistakeable sign of what you have been wearing. That is why GG's untie the top string and the string across the back when tanning their backside. They do not want to see that type of tan line when wearing a tank top or jog bra. Two cute triangle patches on my chest is ever so naughty!

The tie at neck or criss cross on the back is the style I like, the glances I get going shirtless in drab some times and oh those triangle patches yes naughty. Get to show fem side as guy.

KylieA
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM

You might try a bikini company that sells the tops separate from the bottoms. Then you pick witch style/size of bottom and top that works the best.

-Kylie

Karren H
03-10-2012, 12:52 PM
The sun is evil! Skin cancer evil. Bad bad bad!

STACY B
03-10-2012, 01:01 PM
DID IT !! About 8 years ago or more cant rememeber I was on this kick about gettin some tan lines but still was working for the MAN so had to be careful ,, Anyway rite down the street there was a tanning salon ,,,So you know how old this is ,, Not alot around now ,Buy anyway got me a swim top an went in a few times to tan with it on an t was KILLER . LOOK at me with some tan lines !!! Oh well I thought is was cool ? But now I stay away from the SUN ,, Wear pants or capris . Watch those sunglasses yull get the coon eyes !

Starr
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I had been wearing a Bikini panties the last two years get sun in the back yard... but this year i will go with a thong panty and see how that looks.. maybe try the top sometime in the next year or so.

monalisa
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
A bikini tan would certainly look wonderful though it might be hard to explain to someone outside our community why you have a bra tan and white marks. Still go for it.

Lorileah
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Everything I do is bad so why should this be different? Yes I have tan lines, but no one sees them except me...right now. I think they are sexy. (bikini bottoms only).

girlygirly
03-11-2012, 10:49 AM
If you decide to do it, remember that you may have to take your shirts off for doctors and nurses down the road. For many, it isn't a problem. But if it will be for you, give it a second thought.
I got cut pretty badly on my ankle at work a few years and had to visit the ER. I was worried I was going to have to put on a gown and have my girly undies showing out the back, but they were able to just have me pull up my pants leg so they could stitch it up. Whew!

Then I got the unpleasant news, the tetanus shot they decided to give me was going in my butt cheek, and the oh so cute nurse asked me to pull my pants down. I managed to pull down my pants and undies together VERY carefully, and got the shot. I don't think she saw my panties at all.

It wasn't until about three hours later that I realized that there was no way she missed my tanlines. At least she didn't say anything about it, but there's no way she could have missed them.

:o

Aaron Zwidling
03-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Anyone who wants to try them but isn't sure they want them all summer should try out the artificial tanning products (spray or lotion). I tried that five years back and it gave me a nice bikini top tan line for a few weeks until ithe stuff washed off my skin. The one problem I had is it was tough for me to apply the lotion evenly across my own back and around my bikini top, resulting in the strap lines being a little fuzzy and the overall tan a bit blotchy. If you can have someone help you apply the lotion or spray, especially across your back you should get a much better result than I did. Once you've experienced using the fake stuff you can then decide if you want to take the plunge and tan yourself with the sun and take the chance of looking that way for the entire summer.

lilmissjenny
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
i go to a tanning salon and tan, but i dont have tan lines...

StephanieC
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I experimented with tan lines last year. I bought a tanning special for a friend only to find out she could not take advantage of the offer. Not to have it go to waste, I decided to use it. I think there were 3-4 sessions which I did in a bikini. This left some great tan lines but they are all but gone now. I'm not sure if I'll try it again this year.

-stephani

Stephanie8
03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
very hard to do for top part. I have tan lines on bottom for years now.

wilt575
03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
very hard to do for top part. I have tan lines on bottom for years now.

Not very hard to do top over shoulder,bandau around back of neck or criss cross on back. just depends how self consious you are, after some time it feels natural you don't give it a second thought shirt or no shirt. I have recieved complmens from girl a few times.

melina
03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Tanning bed right after shaving is great! I tan in tight G String. Leaves a little triangel front and back. Triangles on chest would be nice but tooo much for me.

Denverita
03-30-2012, 11:34 PM
My tan line so far :D i need to use more sunscreen next time though lol

Being Paige
03-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I have to admit that I am a sun worshiper and I'm all about the tan lines. I usually end up going topless to get rid of the tan lines and just wear the bikini botttom's.
Yes the sun is bad and I try to do all of my tanning mid morning or late afternoon when it isn't so intense and at least with some sun lotion on.

Confetti
03-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Ah girly girl you can always say the speedos or euro swimming trunks..

joninlingerie
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
i had tan lines from a one piece last summer it was a tank style one piece, my friend asked what i was wearing to get tan lines like that. i almost crapped myself, i told him i was wearing a tank top

Katie01
04-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Love the tan lines! Especially bra lines. Nice.

Shananigans
04-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I am not a fan of shoulder tan lines, so I let my straps loose when I am at the beach. Or, I will let my top loose and lay on my stomach at the beach/pool. But, other tan lines are inevitable...they can be cute, but too severe of tan lines look a little funny (AKA bronze legs and snow white butt cheeks lol).

Stephanie47
04-22-2012, 07:23 PM
I would just love to get rid of tan lines from my V-neck tee shirts. I plan to go shirtless when en homme mode and working in the yard. I've always noticed many on this site with the same problem. As far as getting a bra or bikini top burn-forget it!

linda allen
04-23-2012, 03:45 PM

Yep or just at the beach or pool with friends.

My wife and I will be away from civilization for much of the next month on vacation and will be in the sun most of the time. I joked that I needed a nice black bikini top to go with the bottom she gave me. She didn't think that was a great idea because of the tan lines.

She's right of course.

Maybelle
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Amazing tans line Denverita! Im so jealous! I have always wanted to do it but would have to lay out or go tanning in bottoms only. Taking off my shirt of summer activites will be a problems with the "top" portion!

xoxo

lingerieLiz
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
If you would like tan lines on a temp basis. Just by a cheap bra and panties at the $1 store and a bottle of spray on tan.

KylieA
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Yes true. The actual secret of actresses and models that still look young and beautiful into the 40-50's is to never ever tan. Sun ages the skin faster then anything else. Also it is the one thing that you can control. The actresses stay indoors, and cover up and/or use a lot of sun block. When they need a tan for a movie it is called makeup.

Patrice_CD
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
I have cami tan lines as I wear colored camis while working in the yard. I wear plenty of sun screen but the thin tan lines still appear and last a long time. I actually like them. Neighbors have asked about it and I have said I enjoy a cami over a muscle type shirt as I didn't want the wide stripe tan line.

Vickie_CDTV
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Yes true. The actual secret of actresses and models that still look young and beautiful into the 40-50's is to never ever tan. Sun ages the skin faster then anything else. Also it is the one thing that you can control. The actresses stay indoors, and cover up and/or use a lot of sun block. When they need a tan for a movie it is called makeup.

It really does unfortunately (though smoking is a close second.) I had a girlfriend who had melanoma and had to have a piece of her cheek cut out (and it almost spread into her eye), so... other than incidental sun exposure in the course of a day no tanning for me.