PDA

View Full Version : Was given hormone consent form this morning

Sarah Jayne
03-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I have had the weirdest month, topped by my psychiatrist giving me a hormone consent form this morning. I started a new relationship last month with a GG and she has no clue about my CDing. We are having fun, that excited new relationship kind of fun, but also just happy in each other's space or in our own space and own lives. My CDing has been less because of this, but I have continued to see my psychiatrist.

Today's session ended with him opening his drawer and gave me a hormone consent form to sign. I am back home and went through the 7 pages of questions to declare I understood the implications and now staring at the final question of do I want hormones. So much of me does, wants to evolve into Sarah Jayne. And then there is the part that sees the past few months I have settled down so much, begun to accept so many things, my personal/social life has improved, work has improved. I have not had so many mood swings, I am more relaxed.

I did not expect the form and am somewhat stunned. I could not give consent, but then it defeats the purpose of why I saw a shrink in the first place Arrrgghh

Kerstin
03-09-2012, 08:36 PM
I'll take it if you don't want it! :D On a serious note though, I guess you have to ask yourself why you wanted the hormones in the first place. Did you want to transition and live full-time as female, or were you looking for an improvement in the way you feel generally?

Miriam-J
03-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Did you start seeing the psychiatrist so you could get permission for hormones, or so you could discover more about yourself and learn how to better cope with the world around you? A good mental health professional will help you discover yourself, and you count on unexpected results. Perhaps in your case that unexpected result is that you'd really like to stop short of hormones, or perhaps you just have a bit more discovery to come. In any case, carefully consider what your heart is telling you now, and don't worry about what you assumed prior to your therapy. Consider it a success if you learned something you didn't anticipate.

Miriam

Julia_in_Pa
03-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Sarah,

This is where things get very serious very quickly.
The question is are you a cross dresser or are you something more, something different than that descriptive.
Hormones will alter your brain chemistry as much as it will alter your physical appearance.
Choose very carefully because as you said you have much to lose but the Pandora's box has been given to you.
Hormones will alter your life forever.
Open it at your on risk and reward.

Julia

Vickie_CDTV
03-09-2012, 08:56 PM
The GG you are dating may not appreciate the effects hormones may have on you (growing breasts, impotence etc.), you need to factor in which means more to you. She may not tolerate the fact you dress, the odds she would be ok with the hormones is pretty unlikely.

If you have doubt whether or not hormones are right for you, you probably shouldn't.

Kerstin
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Two other things to think about: penis atrophy and sterility. You better be really sure before you're prepared to experience those.

NathalieX66
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
So Sarah, how do you see yourself?

busker
03-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I have had the weirdest month, topped by my psychiatrist giving me a hormone consent form this morning. I started a new relationship last month with a GG and she has no clue about my CDing. We are having fun, that excited new relationship kind of fun, but also just happy in each other's space or in our own space and own lives. My CDing has been less because of this, but I have continued to see my psychiatrist.

Today's session ended with him opening his drawer and gave me a hormone consent form to sign. I am back home and went through the 7 pages of questions to declare I understood the implications and now staring at the final question of do I want hormones. So much of me does, wants to evolve into Sarah Jayne. And then there is the part that sees the past few months I have settled down so much, begun to accept so many things, my personal/social life has improved, work has improved. I have not had so many mood swings, I am more relaxed.

I did not expect the form and am somewhat stunned. I could not give consent, but then it defeats the purpose of why I saw a shrink in the first place Arrrgghh
I think the above bold says more than you think. Stick the form in the drawer, see how the relationship goes and work on having a "normal" future. You can always sign the form later if you really need to.
I've always held the notion that we cd (at least in part) because of some lack of or need for a woman in our lives when we are alone. This may be a case in point. Not signing the form now, is NOT the end of the world? The psychiatrist may be testing your desire by giving the form to your. He may expect that you will balk. Don't rush, take your time.

Marleena
03-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Sarah it sounds like two huge decisions to make. The hormones is one, telling the new GF you CD being the other. Good luck.:)

Noemi
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Busker,

Your observation of Us Cd'ers creating "a" woman to full fill some need for a woman in our lives is very interesting. I have thought this before too but have yet to read on the boards here. I would say I do this do a degree because I can.

As for this threads discussion about Sara J. I date the occasional GG. They are just so pretty and smell nice and I love to snuggle with them. I hope that they will cure me of my trans gendered ways but they do not. For a while I feel more manly, but when I am by myself I think of dressing and of being with men. Of course I only share to be of use to you my dear. If I can at all help by sharing my own experiences. You should wait a little bit before the hormones. It confusing being us to say the least.

I think the above bold says more than you think. Stick the form in the drawer, see how the relationship goes and work on having a "normal" future. You can always sign the form later if you really need to.
I've always held the notion that we cd (at least in part) because of some lack of or need for a woman in our lives when we are alone. This may be a case in point. Not signing the form now, is NOT the end of the world? The psychiatrist may be testing your desire by giving the form to your. He may expect that you will balk. Don't rush, take your time.

Sarah Jayne
03-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks all for your words of support. My journey of eternal self denial seems to have rocketed so far and so fast forward these past few months I was caught totally off guard. Why did I see a psych? I guess I wanted to offload my feelings to someone else and he caught it all and gave it back to me with a path forwards. I guess as always it's up to me to decide which path I now want to follow :-/ it's a long road to realization !!

Mollyanne
03-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi S J, I would gently inform the "girlfriend" of my x-dressing and see where that goes. Should she be accepting of the x-dressing then the need for HRT is on hold(for now), if not and the breakup occurs move forward w/the HRT!!!!!!!

Mollyanne

Miriam-J
03-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Hi S J, I would gently inform the "girlfriend" of my x-dressing and see where that goes. Should she be accepting of the x-dressing then the need for HRT is on hold(for now), if not and the breakup occurs move forward w/the HRT!!!!!!!
I would be very cautious about this approach. A decision to go ahead with HRT is too life changing to make "on the rebound" after breaking up. It sounds as though your relationship has given you serious reason to reconsider your path ahead. Perhaps you are really better off with the HRT, but perhaps instead it's just a lifetime of CD with an accepting SO. Either is acceptable, but the decision needs to be made when you can think clearly and rationally - not when recovering from a broken relationship.

Miriam

Stephenie S
03-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Maybe you should seek counseling to try and straighten out these feelings in your self.

Oh wait. You are seeing a shrink already. How's that working out? LOL

So your shrink sprung this on you. You are surprised. Maybe you need a different shrink. Personally, I would not like being blindsided by my shrink, but whatever floats your boat, as they say.

It might be nice if I could offer some constructive criticism here, wouldn't it? But I can't. All I have are more questions. Better tell your new girlfriend too, don't you think? What kind of a relationship are you contemplating with her?

Bree-asaurus
03-10-2012, 11:33 AM
[...] the final question of do I want hormones. So much of me does, wants to evolve into Sarah Jayne. And then there is the part that sees the past few months I have settled down so much, begun to accept so many things, my personal/social life has improved, work has improved. I have not had so many mood swings, I am more relaxed.

I think you need to first figure out where you are going in your life and THEN decide if hormones are right for you. If you plan to live your life as a male, you're probably going to have problems with your current and future girlfriends not being attracted to a man with boobs and a penis that doesn't work. What about children? Are you going to freeze your sperm?

You call yourself a crossdresser, but then you say you want to evolve into a girl. So what are you? Are you a male crossdresser? Are you a transexual woman? Are you somewhere in between?

I think you have some more soul searching to do.

Aprilrain
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
With respect to all Ts if I am wrong.....I was under the impression that when you are Ts and get to the stage of taking hormones you need them like someone drowning needs to breath. It's everything you want and crave for. There IS no doubt.

Sorry if it is more complicated than that but that's how I understood it.

To find yourself flipping a coin over the decision suggests that maybe your therapist has seriously misadvised you.

I tend to agree, if you don't need transition why bother with hormones?

sandra-leigh
03-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I was under the impression that when you are Ts and get to the stage of taking hormones you need them like someone drowning needs to breath. It's everything you want and crave for. There IS no doubt.

It didn't happen that way for me: when I went through the process, I wanted to be very clear on the consequences before deciding one way or the other. (I am the type of person who read contracts before signing them, even minor contracts.)

I did end up having to do some intensive soul-searching, as HRT was effectively approved for me a full year before I expected would be the case.

I tend to agree, if you don't need transition why bother with hormones?

Though there are different "transitions". I needed to transition to TG, and that included hormones for me. I do not know if I will ever go as far as TS.

Veronica Lodge
03-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Stick the form in the drawer, see how the relationship goes and work on having a "normal" future. You can always sign the form later if you really need to.

I agree. Is there an expiry date for signing the form?

Alaina R
03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
I have a real problem with your psychiatrist. Presumably he knew you were seeing this woman and that in general your personal/social life seems better yet he 'surprises' you with a consent form. That is inexcuseable. Go find a competent therapist that can help you better find out who you are and what you want (to be) in life. Right now you've been set-up. Lets say you tell your lady friend about your gender issues and she reacts badly (not unusual). Are you then going to start hormones because you're upset with your male life and the rejection that you feel? If hormones and transitioning is what is best for you great, That's a choice a lot of people make but you need to make it with a clear head and proper perspective. You don't have that right now.