PDA

View Full Version : I am starting hormones

Sophora
03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
that is right I had my appointment for my hormones today. I am starting my estradiol tomorrow(as I want to be able to take at the same time every day. However for my anti-t they have me on goserelin(Zoladex) which stops my body from producing T(and only to get a shot every 3 months). Anyone else on this?

I am excited to be on the hormones finally. Thanks to everyone for their support.

StaceyJane
03-09-2012, 11:25 PM
that's great news! welcome to the club.

FurPus63
03-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I've got a therapist all lined up who will give me a letter to start hormones. So I'm excited to begin my transition. Can't wait to actually start taking them! Good luck to you and let us know how it is going.
Paulette

Katesback
03-10-2012, 01:16 AM
welcome to the rollercoaster. Perhaps one of these days you will put up a real picture of your girl self.

Melody Moore
03-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Perhaps one of these days you will put up a real picture of your girl self.
If I remember correctly Sophora already has posted a few photos of herself on this forum.

Felicity71
03-10-2012, 01:45 AM
welcome to the rollercoaster. Perhaps one of these days you will put up a real picture of your girl self.

Do you mean that avatar isnt her?

Melody Moore
03-10-2012, 04:09 AM
To satisfy Kate's curiosity: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?156093-My-first-Dress

CharleneT
03-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Good luck ! Zoladex is put in with a syringe, but it is not a "shot", rather a hormone implant. There will be a slow release over the period that the implant is active. A very curious choice for AA. If you drink a lot (alcohol that is), make sure to tell your doc about it. She/he should have already asked. Hormone implants have some good advantages, with only one real down side: once in, you're stuck with it for the 3 months. If there are undesirable side effects you cannot get rid of them. The implant could be removed, although it is not easy. Don't worry, you'll be fine ;)

What form of estradiol are they using ?

Jeanna
03-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Good for you. BTW, you do look like your avatar! :)

Julia_in_Pa
03-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Sophora,

Welcome to the wide world of HRT. The mood swings will drive you crazy but the overwhelming feelings of peace and tranquility will more than make up for it.
After eleven years of HRT the feelings I described that you will have have never left me.
Be careful, have your bloodwork done on a timely basis and don't self increase your dosage.
Congratulation's sis!

P.S. I followed the link that Melody provided here and I think you look great! You have a wonderful feminine face. That's a very nice dress. You have good taste.

Julia

morgan51
03-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Congratulations Sophora I'm so happy for you! Melody how on earth do you remember all the posts you're incredible. Julia you are always so kind and pleasant thankyou.

Pamela Kay
03-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Congratulations Sophora!

Been on Spiro and Estrodial for 6 weeks now myself. Have only had a couple moods so far and like Julia said, the feelings of peace and tranquility are a wonderful and welcome change. The softer skin, reduced body hair growth, and oh yeah the wonderful nipple pain are a plus too. The pain means there's something going on there though so it's all good.

Welcome to the club!

johanna.kitten
03-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Congrats! Life will be sweet! And darn, I checked the price tag on Zoladex, scary! I need to get this in addition to the Estradiol and Premarin I'm on.

/Johanna

Sophora
03-10-2012, 10:27 AM

I have put up pictures of myself in various stages already. Here is the latest pic that I have. it is mostly headshots as I don't have a camera to take a full body.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/kimano/Picture0053.jpg

That is the last picture I took. I just took my first estradiol today. I am going to try take a pic every month to see where the changes are. CharleneT it just says Estradiol on the bottle(she is starting at a low dosage and will work up). Oh and I don't have to pay for any of it. The VA is taking care of it for me.

CharleneT
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Would that be pill bottle, patch or injection ?

Traci Elizabeth
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Implants? I will stick with my patches thank you!Q

Sophora
03-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Would that be pill bottle, patch or injection ?

oh the Estradiol is of the pill variety sorry. She gave me a choice of pill or patch. I took pill as I don't like to deal with patches.

CharleneT
03-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Might want to consider putting those pills under your tongue and letting them dissolve slowly. Don't drink or eat anything for a few minutes after the pill has dissolved ( probably take a min to dissolve). Better for your body that way.

Sophora
03-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Might want to consider putting those pills under your tongue and letting them dissolve slowly. Don't drink or eat anything for a few minutes after the pill has dissolved ( probably take a min to dissolve). Better for your body that way.

ok this made me curious. Why exactly do I want to do that way? Will it get the estrogen to my body sooner?

Melissa Jill
03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
ok this made me curious. Why exactly do I want to do that way? Will it get the estrogen to my body sooner?

More of it will avoid first metabolism of the body, so you get a higher dose of estrogen.

Katesback
03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Great picture. I hate to say this but when I see avatars that are not real I tend to assume the people are not exactly that serious. Call me cynical but crap take a look at all the pictures of the CDs with pictures of thier legs! LOL

Katie

Jessinthesprings
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Great picture. I hate to say this but when I see avatars that are not real I tend to assume the people are not exactly that serious. Call me cynical but crap take a look at all the pictures of the CDs with pictures of thier legs! LOL

Katie

I assume most are too afraid to show their face... So I don't thinks it's just a CD condition, but hell if you are planning on or already transitioned why would you hide your face from a community that should by default accept you. Silly.

Sophora
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Katie

I understand. I just don't like showing my picture or have it taken so I throw my avatar from the online game I play. I just changed it. I really have nothing to hide anyway. so until I take my picture again in a month to see changes this will do.

CharleneT
03-14-2012, 09:46 AM
... why put the pill under your tongue: because it will help avoid some of the first pass thru the liver -- this is important as that is where some of the danger of high dose estrogen is ...

If you use patches or IM shots, you avoid the first pass completely. Using estradiol oral tabs under your tongue is called "sublingual" and is better, some will still make it into your digestive tract and head for your liver. But most won't. i.e., it is safer for you !! Just to avoid confusion, this doesn't work with Premarin, it won't dissolve well enough under your tongue.