PDA

View Full Version : Purging, it felt so good!

abigailf
03-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I did it. I purged almost all of my male clothes. They have been sent for donations. I only kept a suit, a pair of dress shoes, some slacks, a few jackets and my collection of Harley Davidson T-Shirts from the places I have visited. The latter were packed in the attic.

We've been doing some spring cleaning and I had to make room in my closet for more skirts and tops. I probably need to cull my female wardrobe a bit as well, but that can wait for now.

Marleena
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Lol..atta girl! I like your twist on purging.:)

~Joanne~
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I personally would have packed it all away just in case you may need something unless your transitioning that is :) never know what's around the corner :)

ArleneRaquel
03-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Congratulations, that is a big step. :):love::2c:

docrobbysherry
03-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Hmmm. Like Joanne said above, I've read SO MANY THREADS that warn against purging! Why not pack everything away in the garage? Then, in a few years if u still have no need of them, donate all the boxes full to Goodwill?

ArleneRaquel
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Purging my femmy clothes is disheartening. Purging male wear would be a pleasure, but I think don't think that I''ll ever entirely purge my drab apparel.

Foxglove
03-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Wow, Abigail, no more baby steps for you! That is a giant step. (And I bet you didn't say, "Mother, may I?") Congratulations, and I hope everything goes well for you.

Annabelle

stacycoral
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Abigail, girl don't put away the Harley shirts, you could wear them with short-short, and be a lovely biker girl!!!

NathalieX66
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Abi, it's finally about time you gave up crossdressing. :battingeyelashes:

KateSpade83
03-11-2012, 06:49 PM
I would NEVER purge my guy clothes! I need to be a guy or dude most of the time, especially if I work. And I'd rather wear out my male underwear that ruin a pair of panties with daily wear.

AmberDay
03-12-2012, 01:37 AM

I was going to write a long reply, but Nathalie summed it up in a way I never could! (and much shorter)

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 08:39 AM

My feelings exactly.

Krististeph
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
LMAO!!!! Awesome! That's the way it should be!

Nowhere near your story- but my wife was going to lunch & shopping with one of her friends- (I like this friend, she makes my wife buy clothes!) and CPS was having a goodwill drive- 20% off coupon for each article of clothing. I've been donating old or outgrown stuff lately, and she asked me for a few things- She actually tried on a few items and kept several for herself (Short plaid pleated 'schoolgirl' skirt, I'll have to take it in slightly, but as short as it is on me it's longer on her- a little more respectable.) it was cute.

RenneB
03-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Ahh you gave me a scare there girl. Purging in the subject line brought back some bad (expensive) memories. But your twist on it made me feel much better. I'm still transisitioning my wardrobe, but still need to keep up some of my social appearances and can't do away with all of it..... for now.

Congradulations for the good purge girl...

Renne.....

abigailf
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Hmmm. Like Joanne said above, I've read SO MANY THREADS that warn against purging! Why not pack everything away in the garage? Then, in a few years if u still have no need of them, donate all the boxes full to Goodwill?

I had shed a few pounds and most if it was too big for me. So why not let someone less fortunate benefit now.

Well, we will be at the mall on Thursday, you can help me replace some of these things.

Abigail, girl don't put away the Harley shirts, you could wear them with short-short, and be a lovely biker girl!!!

I am still going to keep my tradition of buying a Harley shirt every time I visit a city, but they'll be much cuter and more shapely. The ones I have now are too big and baggy. I also held on to my leathers. Too expensive to replace right now. I guess I will just have to be butch when I ride.

Becoming Brianna
03-13-2012, 02:55 PM
So happy for you... Best of luck with your transition!

Brianna