PDA

View Full Version : I Love my Wife

Kim_Bitzflick
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I Love my wife. She's the best. I'll tell you why.

Things at work have been kind of crazy. I've been working about 55 hours a week since January. I know for some this isn't much and for me it isn't much overtime either, BUT it's not the hours, it's the things I have to get done and how. I live in the world of Dilbert and as Dilbert followers know, his company often sends work to Elbonia. My company is no different and I just happen to be the lucky person who is doing the coordination with Elbonia. Needless to say, this is causing A LOT of STRESS.

My life has become a simple routine
- Get up early & shower
- Go to work & get frustrated with Elbonian work
- Come home & eat a meal cooked by my wonderful wife
- Relax a little
- Go to sleep
- Repeat

So yesterday (Saturday), I finally had all kids out of the house and a day I didn't have to call Elbonia or go into work so it was going to be a Kim day. My wife knew I was planning to be dressed all day but we didn't really talk much about it.

I didn't plan on anything in particular. I was going to try to meet up with one girl from here for lunch, but she couldn't. As I got ready, my wife just started talking like we were going to spend the day together. Sometimes my wife will participate in Kim time and other times she won't. I thought OK go with it.

We spent the whole day together as the good friends we are and I really relaxed and enjoyed myself. We started with going to Lowe's to get stuff for the house & yard. While walking into Lowe's, a lady outside the entrance said "ladies, would you like to donate blood today?" I was so relaxed I forgot for a second how I was dressed until I was asked that question! I declined although I have donated blood many times over the years.

After Lowes we went grocery shopping. We came home and ate lunch. After lunch, we went to Best Buy to get a new phone and then to a movie (Star Wars Episode I in 3D which the 3D was OK but not great). While at the movies I had to use the ladies room TWICE during the movie (darn large drinks). I had used the restrooms many times so it was no big deal for me until... I walked out of the stall to wash my hands and there at the sinks were some 16 year old girls talking as they waited for a friend. I thought UH OH! I kept walking to the sink and one just glanced at me and they walked out as I started to wash. Nothing was said & I listened for the laughter after they left, but there wasn't any. I guess I passed the teen test.

After the movie we went to the mall to look for a man purse for me. I'm getting too much stuff to carry in my pockets. As I get older, I'm needing reading glasses more & more, my wallet, my cell phone etc. So we looked in Dillards, not much there. The lady there asked what we were looking for and I told I was looking for a bag for my husband. She couldn't show us anything like we wanted but she was nice to me as we talked and discussed how men just don't want to change. Monkey see monkey do. It was nice talking briefly with her.

Then we went to a luggage store in the mall. The had a lot of choices. We discussed & dithered over several bags but I couldn't make up my mind. The girls there were very friendly and helpful but not intrusive. I talked a little with them. I don't know if they knew I was male or not, but I think they did. They still treated me like I wanted which is all that mattered. My wife found a gift for her dad while we were there, but I couldn't decide so we just bought the gift and went to look at Sears.

Sears had one bag I liked but I thought the luggage store had a similar one so we went back to the luggage store. The girl smiled as we walked back in and we exchanged the "back so soon" comments in fun. I decided to buy a messenger style bag. Now here was the fun part. She asked for my phone number and I TOTALLY went blank. She said "that's OK you don't have to give it" and I told here I just really forgot it. I paid with credit card & she asked to see my ID. I handed her my male ID, she looked and hesitated a second and then continued. I thought for sure she knew I was male, but if not before then she did now. She was still very pleasent and finished the transaction and we were on our way.

We headed home, had a nice home cooked dinner, watched some TV and went to bed.

It was a very nice day with my loving wife and I treasure her every minute I get with her no matter how I'm dressed.

And for those who are saying, do something nice for my wife, we already went out Friday night to one of her favorite restaurants with me in full male mode.

Teri Ray
03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Lovely story. You are truly blessed. Keep the balance and tell your wife how wonderful she is. You have a gem of a wife there.

Miriam-J
03-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks for sharing Kim. She's clearly a wonderful woman and wife, and you're lucky to be with her. I can see that you had a wonderful time together, and that you have much more than that going for you as a couple.

Miriam

Jacqueline Winona
03-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Great story, Kim! Glad your day went so well, and your wife is great! Please give her a big hug for me.

PretzelGirl
03-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time Kim. I hope that relieved your "Dilbert" stress! My viewpoint has always been that your spouse should also be your best friend. It sounds like you hit gold. And yes, give her a hug from all of us.

Marleena
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
That is awesome Kim! I love stories like these. It sounds like you two had an awesome day.:)

jjjjohanne
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Your wife is uncommonly awesome!

Lorileah
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day. Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing

Being Paige
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I agree, your wife is awesome! You are so lucky and blessed.

Paulette
03-12-2012, 10:18 AM
You are very lucky, I too have a man purse I got at a Macy's , it's made by Fossil and it even has a pocket for my I pad.

BRANDYJ
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
If there is anything I like to read, it's a member here talking about how much they love their wife and show appreciation for her. All to often we read how our wives are not understanding, not accepting, not participating, to many boundaries, and how we wish our wives did this or that. Rare that I read how much we love our wives or SO's. Thanks for sharing. it's refreshing!

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
what a great way to enjoy quality time with your wife. She's a gem, but then so are you!

Wonderwho
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
My wife will be gone for 2 weeks, I know that this sounds like a CD dream. As I just came out to her a short while ago we are still trying to come to grips with the whole thing. This Sunday i ask if would be alright to be mildly dressed in front of her.
She said that she would leave it up to me, how far did I think I should go. I was carefull, Sports bra, colored top, stockings, long dress and low heel shoes. When I came out of the bathroom I know there was fear on my face. Her response was a
smile, a kiss on the cheek and a pat on the butt and " I will always love you" was all she said.
I know that I will be able to dress as I want to for the next 2 weeks but I will miss her so much that it will hurt more than ever before.
She called me just a short time ago while I was on the road, she said she left me something hanging in the closet. I can't wait to get home.
Love to all of you, Wonderwho

Kim_Bitzflick
03-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. My wife was curious about all your responses. I will treasure my wife till the day I die.

Cassie Weber
03-14-2012, 08:33 PM
I can certainly feel for you. Elbonian interaction can be very taxing.

As many have said, it sounds as though you've got an awesome wife. Treasure her!

Beth Mays
03-14-2012, 08:42 PM
I am so very happy that things work out so well. Sound like a lunch date with anyone other than your wife would have been an let down compaired to the day you had!

Alice B
03-14-2012, 08:51 PM
That really was a great day. To have your wife support you and go out doing normal activities shows a excellent approval by your wife and high level of comfort by yourself.

GeGe
03-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Yes it.s great to feel excepted at home. I had a very intence year with my wife some heavy
truths had to be spoken. I have been maried almost 30 years we have been thru alot of things in life together CD has been a long road . I love my wife she is amazingly excepting. When i really came out this winter she was ok after procesing it all so i started getting more bold around her then she kinda
had another litte freek out but now shes great with it all and im so much happer at home now.I love that we have this site it really do,s help. Im sorry about my spelling ; Were is that splell chek when you need it ?