PDA

View Full Version : OMG: I never though long nails would be so girly

RachelF
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Hi !!!!

For the first time I feel what having long nails mean ... well sort of as they were really artificial nails.

I love each step towars full girl dressing, but I have to admit that I was surprised by how good it feels having long nails. It feels so girly, so femenine, it was such a great experience.

... and, in my case, I think that manipulating objects with long nails is far more difficult that learning to walk in high heels ... still need more practice.

I am sooooo happyyyy !!!.

Taylor186
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I've done long nails on occasion and found them to be a pain and a hosiery exterminator. Can't think of a woman I know who wears long nails. And, they would never call them a feminine accessory.

Bree-asaurus
03-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, screw long nails. It just makes doing ordinary things a pain in the butt. I may be a girl but I'm not going to hobble myself just to look more stereotypically feminine.

I can't even remember to paint my nails... :P

Joann Smith
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry Bree ...., screw hotdog fingers ...cannot do anything with my hands if my nails are all busted off...it feels odd...

Kristy_K
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I love pink and whites and not to long with a design painted on the ring fingers and the big toes. To me I feel better and more whole in some ways. Also more broke. There are not cheap to keep up but love having them..

Bree-asaurus
03-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Sorry Bree ...., screw hotdog fingers ...cannot do anything with my hands if my nails are all busted off...it feels odd...

Well I'm a programmer, so I type a lot. And I work on cars... no long nails basically get in the way and end up broken anyway :P

NathalieX66
03-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Rachel, good for you!....what ever makes you happy.
I was at a bluegrass music concert in my hometown that was in the local library. They had chairs set up before the stage. The only thing that was missing was Garrison Keillor. The woman next to me had long squared off really long nails!....more than most women.....like a half inch or 1cm beyond the fingertips. I don't get it.
I'm a guitar player, and there isn't a chance that could ever grow my nails long. my music side is more important than my girl side. However, I don't understand the mentality of the woman I sat next to.

whowhatwhen
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
I can only stand mid/short length, too long and they drive me crazy; too short and I can't grasp tiny things!
Grrrr....

goodnhose
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Rachel,
It's great to hear that your having a good time with those nails, stay happy!

RachelF
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
That long nails could be somethig stereotypical, like high heels and pantyhoses. Which many GGs hate and almost do not use these days.

I did not want to offend anybody, when I refer to long nails as femenine. I know that real women express themselves in so many other ways (more real ways).

It has been said in several posts that sometimes we CDs go to extremes when trying to dress: some of us like the sexier clothes, the highest heels, the reddish lip colors and so on. Well, I have to confess I am part of this category. After all I dress only 2-3 hours, 1 or 2 days a week, and do not go out of our bedroom. Just a little secret between me and my SO.

My apologies to whoever feels offended.

RachelF

Bree-asaurus
03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
That long nails could be somethig stereotypical, like high heels and pantyhoses. Which many GGs hate and almost do not use these days.

I did not want to offend anybody, when I refer to long nails as femenine. I know that real women express themselves in so many other ways (more real ways).

It has been said in several posts that sometimes we CDs go to extremes when trying to dress: some of us like the sexier clothes, the highest heels, the reddish lip colors and so on. Well, I have to confess I am part of this category. After all I dress only 2-3 hours, 1 or 2 days a week, and do not go out of our bedroom. Just a little secret between me and my SO.

My apologies to whoever feels offended.

RachelF

I, for one, wasn't offended. And you don't need to explain why you do what you do. Who cares! Just do what you enjoy it! :)

ArleneRaquel
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I usually have long(ish) finger nails, but yesterday before attending Mass, I trimmed them to a more appropiate size for attending a religious service.

Joann Smith
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Awh Bree come on ....I machine prototype truck componets and test fixtures all day and hardly ever bust a nail ....Bree sweetheart you are a real pretty young lady and you should have pretty hands to match...and its so easy all you have to do is slow down and not pound your fingers on stuff like they little hammers...

Bree-asaurus
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Awh Bree come on ....I machine prototype truck componets and test fixtures all day and hardly ever bust a nail ....Bree sweetheart you are a real pretty young lady and you should have pretty hands to match...and its so easy all you have to do is slow down and not pound your fingers on stuff like they little hammers...

I can't even get myself to paint my nails. I was going to yesterday but just decided to buff them... it lasts longer ;)

I'm kind of a tom-boy anyway... lol

RachelF
03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I am glad you did not feel offended, I though you were.

But after reading the 2 initial replies, I understood that the OP could be a little bit offesive to the GGs. You, as we CDs, are so diverse ... stereotyping is always a bad thing.

Returning to the theme, I only can understand why you prefer just buff your nails. I was said by GG co-workers that doing them by a professional manicurist could be very expensive.

Rachel

AlanaG
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I wish I could grow my nails just a little longer. But with my job they get broken and chipped on a regular basis.

Eryn
03-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I keep mine a bit longer than the norm for males. I think that a set of well-polished nails is a strong feminine cue that helps my presentation and is worth the effort.

Yes, it is a pain to do, and I can understand many GG's view that it is too much trouble for everyday.

AmberDay
03-12-2012, 01:31 AM
I have natural long nails. It is a nice feminine reminder for when I am forced to be in guy mode. I used to work in a factory which tore my nails up. Now that I am a bus driver, the only danger to breaking my nails is securing a wheelchair. My wife is jealous because her nails are fragile and break very easily. She has to get acrylic nails done on a regular schedule. It did take a while to get used to picking up things, buttoning up shirts, and not slicing somebody's skin when in contact (shaking hands, money transactions).

Persephone
03-12-2012, 01:35 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/NailsHalloween2010.jpg

15 years of long nails. Usually pink and whites rather than color.

No problem with typing nor with picking most things up (small coins on glass countertops are tricky!). Can't go bowling, otherwise few difficulties.

And although my love of nails may be because I'm a CD, or because I was deprived of feminine clothes, toys, and experiences as a young girl, I will point out that there is a GG in my social group who has longer nails.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Diane Smith
03-12-2012, 02:36 AM
OMG, Persephone, I had to look twice to make sure your picture was not one of my own! The length, shape, color and even artwork on your nails are almost exactly the same as what I wear regularly. Like you, it's pink-and-white for everyday and colors mostly on the weekends, but from what I see there, we have identical taste!

I've been wearing my nails about 5/8" past the fingertip (with a few excursions either a little shorter or longer) for 14 years now, in boy and girl mode, and get nothing but compliments to my face about them. I am aware there is a little gossip about them behind my back, and some people are a little taken aback when they first see them, but I've never had a really bad reaction. They may not be at the height of fashion at all times, or practicality at any time, but I love the way they look and enjoy having them, and having them taken care of at the salon.

- Diane

Persephone
03-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Hi Diane!

Looks like you win by about 1/8" inch! I love your nails! And yes, it looks like we agree on color and design!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sandra1746
03-12-2012, 04:41 AM
Long nails would never work for me, they break and chip when I'm using tools or my chain saw. I've tried too, the split ones are painful. However I do like them polished, a nice pink color with sparkles is my favorite but I'll try others too.

It's really a personal preference, enjoy your freedom.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

debbeelee1
03-12-2012, 05:17 AM
My glue on Kiss nails are the last thing that go on to complete my transformation! I just don't feel right without them when dressing up!

Lovely long nails ladies!

joan47
03-12-2012, 05:40 AM
I have had arylic nails for two years, about 1/4 past finger, I get them done everytwo weeks along with my eyebrows. I have gelled nails which means they stay shinning.

paulinescotlandcd
03-12-2012, 06:53 AM
I love long nails as I think they simply look my hands less manly. Ok so I only apply Kiss stick on ones which are easy to remove but all in all I agree they add a ceratin something to finsish a look off. If I do not have time to apply a set I settle for painting them with a nice polish.

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 08:37 AM
My hands are way too big, but when I had acrylics applied I found I was far less self conscious of them.