PDA

View Full Version : Perception is in the eyes of the dresser!? Or, is it?

docrobbysherry
03-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Maybe it's your spouse's or everyone ELSE'S perception that's most important to u?:brolleyes:

What part does "perception" play in YOUR dressing?:straightface:

For me, it's all about what I see in my pics and mirror!:daydreaming:

AllieSF
03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Interesting question Sherry. For me, I think it consists of two perceptions. One is how I perceive myself as passable/blendable enough to go out, i.e. I don't hate how I look dressed and made up as a woman. Since I go out all the time, I must perceive myself as decent looking! LOL Second, it is how others perceive me when I am out. The others include fellow CD/TG/TS's who I may go out with and the total strangers out there with whom I always come into contact and interface. So far, I am batting almost 1.000 with only a one hand not full of almost negative reactions. All that is good enough to keep me dressing and going out whenever I want and can.

PretzelGirl
03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
This is an interesting question to me. What is perceived and what is real? For instance, I am more content when I dress, so that would be reality instead of a perception. I believe that when I go out, either people aren't paying enough attention to notice me or they are polite and just smile and move on. That is my perception. So I guess the nutshell perception is that I look relatively blendable when I go out to the point of others not noticing or caring. The rest is mostly reality.

goodnhose
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Sherry,
My perception of me in a picture is that of a woman but my perception of me in the real world is that most would ID me as a guy dressed as a woman.

ArleneRaquel
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
My perception of myself is of Marilyn Monroe in glasses. Naturally I'm insane.

Alice B
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree. It is what I see and feel about myself that is important to me. Sure it's nice to get a positive response from others, but if I don't feel good about myself it is wasted.

Miranda09
03-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, for me, it's what I feel inside AND what I perceive in the mirror and in my photos........if they all come together, then my perception is nurtured, if not, oh well, that's show biz!!!!!!!!!!! :D