PDA

View Full Version : Question for you girls that have purchased a Veronica

KatieZ
11-02-2005, 08:17 PM
I have a question about the veronica. They ask if you want average, slender, or curvaceous. Which did you get and are you happy with it? I mean if you got average was it enough or if you got curvaceous was it too much? I can't seem to make up my mind there. I don't want to stand out too much if I get one but I want a nice figure.

Thanx

Hugs

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
From my own experience and those of other girls, Espy has a tendency to go a bit toward bootilicious. I believe I ordered an "average" and it was a little bit large.

However, Espy will gladly reshape them for you without charge, nor mailing costs. Since she's essentially trying create custom garments without the benefit of being able to measure you in person, my guess is that she's just build rework into her price. And I'm assuming it's easier for her to trim them down than create new larger pads.

For me the second time was a charm. (Incidently, if you return them, you might send her a photo as well, since that will help her see how it fits.)

One thing to be aware of is that it will change your proportions and that takes a little getting used to, so don't jump to conclusions immediately. Give it a few days. Even when I got mine back from Espy I initially thought it was still too big, but I took my measurements and it was dead-on to the appropriate measurements for my size -- I just wasn't used to having hips and a butt that were GG-sized.

Stephanie Brooks
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
I bought "average" this time and the last. Average adds maybe 2.5 to 3 inches total to the width at the hips, but that is fairly dramatic. That's okay. Personally I think it's a good starting point.

I've attached a "shopping" image I made of pictures I collected from one catalog this last spring. Look at the women and their shapes. You'll notice the narrow waist and wider more curvaceous hips. This is how women look. Okay, so sue me for using "fashion models" who probably don't look like most women. So be it. There's your classic "hourglass" shape. That's what the Veronica tries to do.

Oh, and don't think you're going to look like any of these models. You are not. You will have womanly hips and buns. Will it be perfect? It will be proportioned closer to that of a woman than of a man. I have a 32" waist, fairly slim for a guy, not so for a girl. I'll take that.

Hope this helps!

MarieTS
11-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Katie: I can't say enough good things about the Veronica II. I recommend the "average" size. My personal experience is that there is more fanny than hip padding. I would prefer to have some butt trimmed off and moved to the side, but I don't think the garment pockets would accomodate that. Just the same, you'll be pleased with what you get-- its much better than other foundation garments I've bought and worth the extra cost. Espy is a real gem and will gladly help if you need questions answered.

Valerie West
11-03-2005, 09:42 AM
I've had mine for about four or five years, and was lucky enough at the time to get her on the phone. This was extremely helpful in answering the questions I had which sounded much like the ones you have. She is a real peach and definately knows her stuff. We decided on the model, and I sent in my measurements in with my payment. I was suprised how quickly my Veronica came in the mail - in a plain brown wrapper just as promised. I couldn't wait to try it on, but had to - about three days. I read the directions for "care and feeding" and tried it on. Then I stepped in front of the mirror. "Oh My God..." were the first words out of my mouth. There in the mirror stood the person I always wanted to be. I had the shape of my dreams and it was real. I was so happy I cried. Other than my boots and leather skirts, this was the best money Val ever spent on herself. Period. My vote would be for medium padding and definately nice hose. Really smooths things out. You won't be sorry. Enjoy!!
Val.

Yuka
11-03-2005, 11:15 AM
I have a question too about the Veronica. What's the difference between a Veronica and a normal padded panty like this:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9605/paddedpanty250x1937jf.jpg

There is a big cost difference between those two.

KatieZ
11-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Thanx for the info ladies. That was very helpful in deciding which shape I want to get. I'll be ordering one soon. All I need to figure out now is zipper or pull on. Guess that depends on what I will be wearing over it.

Thanx again

Hugs

Julie
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
I went with the slender hips because, in my personal opinion, I look too matronly with what would be considered normal hips in proportion to my waist size (30"). Having broad shoulders (proportionally) doesn't help either. But I didn't heed their warning about making sure all the measurements were dead on accurate and instead gave them slightly smaller measurements hoping to create a slimmer appearance. When I got it, it was VERY tight! I never wear it, mostly because it's so hard to put on and take off (bathroom visits) with long nails.

MarieTS
11-04-2005, 12:46 AM
I have a question too about the Veronica. What's the difference between a Veronica and a normal padded panty like this:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9605/paddedpanty250x1937jf.jpg

Yuka, trust me: There is a BIG difference.
To begin with, garments such as the one you attached to your post have 4 pads, and they are just standard sizes that don't have any relationship to your personal measurements, or for that matter, the measurements of any woman. The Veronica has only two pads. Each pad wraps around from your fanny to the side of your hip. This provides a more naural look. Additionally, the Veronica is custom made for YOU. Therefore, the garment gives you the relative dimensions of a real lady your size. Lastly, the material Veronica is made from is much more durable and gives you a touch of waist cinching to boot. It's a great item. As they used to say in that old American Express commercial... "Don't leave home without it."

Vickie
11-04-2005, 12:58 AM
I have a question too about the Veronica. What's the difference between a Veronica and a normal padded panty.....

There is a huge difference. The Veronicas are hand made custom ordered to your measurements, with either pull on, demi zipper or full zipper. The Veronicas are the Mercedes of padding for the feminine look. They have even been used in movies such as 'To Wong fu', 'Just like a woman' and 'Priscilla, Queen of the desert' among others.

The biggest problem for men wanting to look like women body proportion wise is our hip waist shoulder ratio. The rear/hip panties you can buy elsewhere won't be able to get as close to the right hip to shoulder ratio as the Veronicas.
Have a look at the Classic Curves website. Just do a search for Classic Curves Veronica with something like Yahoo or Google.

Vickie

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-04-2005, 01:26 AM
The Veronica 2 is made out of one-piece for each cheek/thigh, so it doesn't have the seams that the 4-pad briefs do. The pads are also longer along the thighs, which correctly mimics the way a GGs thighs are shaped. It's most useful if you're wearing pants or dresses/skirts that hug tightly around the tights.

For dresses/skirts where the fabric falls away from the body, a less expensive set of pads may work find. Glamour Boutique (http://www.glamourboutique.com) has a set of padded briefs that appear to look more natural than the 4-pad variety and costs $50. But as others have said, it's a generic garment vs. a custom-made one.

If you do order a Veronica, be honest about the size lest you have the same problem Julie had. And I'd highly recommend getting the demi-zipper version, which allows you to pee easily. (Getting Veronica on and off isn't the sort of thing you want to do in the ladies' room.) The zipper can be visible if you wear stretch pants, but hasn't been a problem with other pants. And personally, I think it's really worth it, since I find I need to pee more often while wearing the Veronica, probably because it's compressing on your kidneys.

MarieTS
11-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Very interesting Darla. No wonder I have to tinkle more when I have Veronica on! I never thought about the compression factor you mentioned. I was going to get the zipper version but I was afraid it would show and feel less feminie.
When I wear pantyhose, I wear them under Veronica despite the instructions. It makes the garment easier to slide on and off, and provides a barrier between my body and Veronica protecting her from my skin oils, moisturizer etc., anyway, the pantyhose makes it easier to roll her down so I can tinkle.
I also have garters attached to Veronica for when I'm wearing regular stockings. I'm able to roll-up one side, reach in to untuck and then tinkle.
I'm thinking about buying another V-2 but this time with the gel pads. Maybe I should try the Demi-Zip, if you don't think it will show through my skirts and slacks?!? I don't wear tight-tight stretch pants, just regular dress slacks, jeans, skirts, and an occaissional evening gown for those special nights out.
Thanks,

Yuka
11-04-2005, 02:04 AM
Well from what I can see, the Veronica covers the waist area and I have a 26 waist (I am really underweight lol). Sometimes I like wearing clothes which reveals the waistline cos it looks sexier I guess.

So if the Veronica allows the option of revealing the waist area, I would gladly take it :)

What I'm thinking is, if I do decide to get one, is it possible to let Espy know that I'm 5"10, Asian and most tall Asian women have relatively flat butts. The perfect figure for me in my opinion would be the hips relative to the shoulders, but with not much padding on the butt. A GG my height with big buttocks would look out of place and too attention-grabbing.

I wonder if Espy could customize that? If she does, it would be terrific :thumbsup:

MarieTS
11-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Yes, Yuka. Espy's order form has a place for comments. You can tell her there, or simply e-mail her. She'll get back to you within a few days. But you will need to add some definition to your butt. Just check out your ladies in Nihon... they have very shapely butts!

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Yuka, the Veronica does come up a bit on the waist. I'll get it out tomorrow and let you know how high -- although I'd probably ask Espy about this, since I'm considerably larger than you are and she may use a different undergarment to hold the pads.

Marie -- Well isn't having to pee constantly part of the GG experience? :D Seriously, I'd get the demi-zipper, which runs from between your legs up to about the base of the pubic bone. Espy does put a bit of lace over top of the zipper, which helps disguise the bump it causes. I haven't had a problem with the zipper showing through pants, let along dresses or skirts, but I could see where it might be a problem with tights or stretch pants. OTOH, I wouldn't wear either with Veronica anyway, because you'd probably get VPL.

As far as peeing, I've started wearing stocking instead of pantyhose, the ones I've been using so far have a bit of rubber elastic inside the tops, which helps keep them in place, and I'm able to tuck them under the legs of Veronica, which also helps keep them from sagging.

Yuka
11-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Yes, Yuka. Espy's order form has a place for comments. You can tell her there, or simply e-mail her. She'll get back to you within a few days. But you will need to add some definition to your butt. Just check out your ladies in Nihon... they have very shapely butts!

Yes they do :D but they're all short lol. I saw a girl about my height here and although she has shapely hips, her butt is kinda flat. But yes you are right, some definition is needed. I need to be careful about this little definition. Too much of a good thing can be bad haha :D

And Darla thanks hee ^^

cathy b
11-04-2005, 06:36 AM
where can i find these (veronica)?

KatieZ
11-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Marie -- Well isn't having to pee constantly part of the GG experience? :D Seriously, I'd get the demi-zipper, which runs from between your legs up to about the base of the pubic bone. Espy does put a bit of lace over top of the zipper, which helps disguise the bump it causes. I haven't had a problem with the zipper showing through pants, let along dresses or skirts, but I could see where it might be a problem with tights or stretch pants. OTOH, I wouldn't wear either with Veronica anyway, because you'd probably get VPL.

As far as peeing, I've started wearing stocking instead of pantyhose, the ones I've been using so far have a bit of rubber elastic inside the tops, which helps keep them in place, and I'm able to tuck them under the legs of Veronica, which also helps keep them from sagging.

Good tips! I believe I will go with the demi zipper then.

Thanx Darla

cathy: http://www.clcrv.com/

Hugs

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Cathy, you can get the Veronica from Classic Curves (http://www.clcrv.com/).

Yuka, probably the best thing to do is email Espy with these photos, as well as where they sit on the waist, and the torso rise measurements (see the order form on Espy site for how to measure). Based on that, she can tell you whether it would do what you're looking for.

MarieTS
11-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Yuka-san: I think the best selection for you would be the Veronica 1. The Veronica 1 has a lower waist rise than the Veronica 2, but it still provides nice butt and hip enhancement. I believe that's what you are looking for, honto desuka? Also, I think you will find that slacks with pocket flaps can make your butt look flatter or more shapely depending on how high the flap is located. I've found that slacks with small pockets or no pockets at all tend to make one's fanny look more femme.