PDA

View Full Version : Is crossdressing addictive?

IamToni
03-12-2012, 03:52 AM
I'm fortunate to have a wonderful and supportive wife who totally accepts my crossdressing. The problem, however, is that the more often I dress the more I feel the need to do it, so much so that I found myself doing it all the time at home. I then felt that I was doing it too much and decided to stop. Crazy I know, but there you go! I've had a couple of months of not dressing and it was hard at first, but after a while the urge/need reduced (or I convinced myself that it had). Then I wore a dress the other day and now I want to do it all the time again. I don't know why I'm fighting it, but I am. Why is the human condition so damned complicated, frustrating and annoying?

johanna.kitten
03-12-2012, 04:00 AM
I must be, I can't put an end to it and I don't want to.

/Johanna

Jessica86
03-12-2012, 04:19 AM
I have a supportive wife too. I used to dress all of the time. I started restricting myself because I felt like my wife would get tired of it. Truth is she hasn't. If I go a month without, she thinks there is something wrong with me. Lol. I know, I love dressing, butr I love my wife so much more. I remember all of the time...she married a man. I give her that man as often as I can. Sometimes, more than she can stand. I find it to be interesting to stop, and only dress when my wife asks about it.

prettytoes
03-12-2012, 05:14 AM
I have come to realize that it is a part of me that can't be changed...much like having brown eyes.

Helen Grandeis
03-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Maybe not addictive in the chemical sense but definitely habit forming. But pleasure releases endorphines and that could be addictive!

BRANDYJ
03-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Yes it is addictive. Just like my need to start everyday with coffee. Why do I need coffee everyday, I don''t know and I don't give it any more thought as to why I have to crossdress, or breath, or eat and sleep. It's just part of who I am.

Noortje
03-12-2012, 07:12 AM
There is a very fine line between 'addictive' and 'needed', if there is a line at all. If I were you I would not worry about this question unless I had some reason to. If it's not interfering with your life in any profound way, there's really no reason to label it as a problem (I assume you would view addiction as a problem).

I don't know why I'm fighting it, but I am. Why is the human condition so damned complicated, frustrating and annoying?

That's the human condition for you. For me, it sometimes helps to think of myself as finding the way, as opposed to expecting myself to know the way. It's ok to be confused, and to experiment, and learn. If you do something that you don't like, or regret, then just call that a learning experience, but don't beat yourself up about it. Gender confusion is very difficult! So no need to feel ashamed if you don't have the answer right away!

ronda
03-12-2012, 07:35 AM
if it feels good do it as often as you can

Karren H
03-12-2012, 07:52 AM
I have a harder time staying away from chocolate. And not playing ice hockey that I do staying out of a dress... Anything's addictive if you let it be.... Lifes all about balance.... What you need to do vs what you want to do....

Darlene-VA
03-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Like anything else you have to find the balance, it took me many years to find that place and now that I an there it is wonderful.

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
The key question with a behavior is whether or not you're pursuit of the behavior is resulting in damage to interpersonal relationships, your personal finances, work and/or social status. If so, then perhaps. You have to be the judge of that.

Krististeph
03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Reminds me of Monica- one of the forensics group we were in with in High School- she was diabetic, and when on the road at a school- we'd find a quite place and hang out so she could 'shoot up' occasionally someone would walk past and freak out at the sight of a syringe, once they called some teachers who actually started getting nasty about it- till Monica tells them that if they touched her prescription meds without a doctor's permission they would be breaking a federal law...

"Yeah, I'm an addict, if i don't get my insulin I get the shakes, go into a coma...." She was a riot. Dressed great too, I wish i could remember some of the outfits she wore, other than here cheerleading outfit or track shirt & shorts...

I'd say no, it's not an addiction, more like an affiliation, attribute, adjunct, articulation, or aggregate, of yourself. :-)

Kate Simmons
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Ya think? The real challenge is to gain control of the reins with this thing. Anyone can go along for the "ride" Hon.:)

diannecourtney
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I made that discovery this AM - I could not stay out of the bra(with forms) nor gaff. Isn't great to be free!!

wilt575
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Just natural I feel so much more calm relaxed dressed. I'm not as stressed, irritable or aggressive. Seem to be more outgoing fun time person not all serious, down to bussiness and rushed. Don't consider it "crossdressing" any more just normal every day wear, like females wearing slacks, suites etc. normally considerd "male". So I don't feel it's "addictive" just normal for some of us, even if not using wigs, makeup or jewelry an trying to pass fulltime. clothes are clothes .

Loveday
03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Is crossdressing addictive?
Looking in my closet I would say one big, YES. About 90 % of the space is female now.

barbie lanai
03-12-2012, 01:19 PM
No way, I was born this way, not hooked. For it to be addictive all those football players in cheerleader uniforms back in high school would be CD's by now. Hmmm, maybe they are.

skylance
03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Crossdressing, addictive? in a word, YES! LOL

ArleneRaquel
03-12-2012, 01:56 PM
I believe that I am just wired this way, just my opinion.

cdkateinboston
03-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I absolutely believe it can be addicting. I have noticed that my desires to get dolled up "to the nines" lol come and go in what seem like streaks. There will be a week where I can't wait to get home, throw on some cute matching underwear, comfy shirt and yoga pants (or, a ankle length skit, no joke they are making a comeback! and it feels really feminine to spin while wearing one :). But seeing the girl looking back at my when I am fully done up is a great and addictive feeling. Like anything else, as long as it doesn't negatively affect other aspects of your life, SO, work, etc. then be as addicted as you want :)

KellyJameson
03-12-2012, 03:12 PM
No more than oxygen or water.