PDA

View Full Version : One Advantage of Shaving

Renee W
03-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I had to go the hospital Friday to do Pre-Admissions Testing for my Kidney Stone surgery on Wednesday. They took blood to type, all vitals, etc. They also wanted to do an EKG for a baseline and to see if I have any issues.

All I can say, is thank God I shave my chest and legs now. The nurse put all those little sticky things on my chest and one on each leg. She also put one on each forearm. When it came time to yank them off, I didn't feel a thing. The only time I felt anything was when she did the ones on my forearms and even though they were on the underside, they still managed to grab a bunch of hair and rip it out.

The nurse never said anything or gave me any weird looks about having a shaved chest and legs, no big deal, so any of you who are worried about a doctor's or nurse's reaction, don't worry (I didn't have time to worry, didn't know they were going to do an EKG).

Only time I had any anxiety was when I realized that Pre-Admissions Testing was actual testing, and here I am wearing a nice pair of lace trimmed Maidenform panties:eek:

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM
I get the little sticky electrodes once a year at my annual check up. Nobody has ever commented on my shaved chest. I'm sure they've seen it all and could care less.

Good luck on the kidney stone surgery. I hope you find lasting relief!

Renee W
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Surgery couldn't come sooner. Sitting here right now with pain at about an 8 on a ten scale.

One thing the nurse did say was "No shaving your back, let the staff shave your back when they are prepping you for surgery".

Foxglove
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Don't mean to sound like I'm gloating, but some of us don't need to shave the chest. As smooth as the day I was born, it is. So I don't worry about people sticking stuff to it. As a matter of fact, I welcome it.

But seriously, I wish you all the best and hope all your health problems are sorted out.

Annabelle

BillieJoEllen
03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Renee, I go to see my fair share of doctors and of course their assistants and nurses. Every one is different. A number of years ago I was singled out in the waiting room by a nurse that said in a fairly loud voice "Mr. ______ its time for your mammogram"! I was deeply embarrassed. I did have breast cancer prior to this situation and I was there for my annual checkup. My case was the only one announced to the entire waiting room.

sissystephanie
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Renee, it is always best to wear a nice pair of panties when you go to the doctor or hospital!! I have been wearing panties almost every day now for years, and have worn them at the doctor's office and at the hospital. They just don't care, as most of them have seen everything anyhow!! My daughter, who is an RN says that in her 30+ years of nursing she doesn't think there is anything that she hasn't seen. Yes, she does know that I crossdress!! And yes again, I do shave a lot of my body!

Stephanie8
03-12-2012, 03:28 PM
doctors have seen it all... so it's all good :)

Piora
03-12-2012, 05:26 PM
All I can say, is thank God I shave my chest and legs now. The nurse put all those little sticky things on my chest and one on each leg. She also put one on each forearm. When it came time to yank them off, I didn't feel a thing. The only time I felt anything was when she did the ones on my forearms and even though they were on the underside, they still managed to grab a bunch of hair and rip it out.
I wore a heart monitor for 24 hours, and the nurse/clinician shaved my chest in the spots where she was going to stick the electrodes. I think they do that all the time now (at least in my area) However, I can definitely see the advantage to a shaved chest.

Miriam-J
03-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Your story reminds me of my one surgery, to remove my gall bladder about 15 years ago using laparoscopic surgery (four little holes). The only pain I experienced was when they removed the taped-on monitor from my way-too-hairy back. Of course they shaved my chest before starting, and I wished they had done the same on the back. Would definitely give a strong advantage to shaving.

Miriam

Being Paige
03-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Ouch, kidney stones. I have had those buggers for years. worst pain ever! I have been under the knife a few times they get so big I cannot pass them, they get stuck and everything backs up, before long I'm almost passing out from the pain. hope you have a speedy recovery.

barbie lanai
03-12-2012, 07:48 PM
I seem to be EKG's a lot any more. Both at my doctor's office and the VA clinic. First time and the sensors, ripped hair out. I told them I would shave the next appointment. No one has said boo about my shaved body, since. Did go in once wearing panties, expecting only my shirt had to be removed for the exam that day. Wife was sitting there with me and knew I was wearing panties. She got a kick out of it. But doctor either didn't notice them (sort of plain jane-almost men's bikini look) or noticed and said nothing about them.

Annette Todd
03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Renee, I go to see my fair share of doctors and of course their assistants and nurses. Every one is different. A number of years ago I was singled out in the waiting room by a nurse that said in a fairly loud voice "Mr. ______ its time for your mammogram"! I was deeply embarrassed. I did have breast cancer prior to this situation and I was there for my annual checkup. My case was the only one announced to the entire waiting room.

That nurse violated federal HIPPA requirements and could find herself in VERY hot water if you pressed the issue. Your privacy is protected and one of the forms you filled out at that office would have spelled that out, explicitly. No one should have to be subjected to that!!!!!!

As for your panties, Renee, may be a bit embarrasing but, better a clean pair of panties that tighty whities with skid markes from front to back. LOL