PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing it in the closet

DCChris
03-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, first of all I want to give a shout out to my local Dressbarn!

I'm planning a makeover in 2 weeks (with photos) and then to go out for the rest of the day and evening en femme for my first time. First times are memorable, right?

So over the past month I've been buying things here and there to supplement what I already had, which wasn't much as far as outer wear was concerned.

And today I went into the local Dressbarn because they had a large number of things I wanted to try on. Although in drab, I went to the Manager who told me 'no problemo.' She then proceeded to spend about an hour of her time tracking stuff down from my list, telling me about half the stuff was not in :sad: , but guiding me toward a number of other dresses and outfits I had not considered. After about another half hour trying everything on, and adjusting the size on a couple of things, I decided to keep several skirts and blouses that could be used interchangeably, a nice pair of dress pants that could also go with a couple of the tops I got, and a very nice evening dress. Guess it was a good thing they didn't have all the things I was interested in as I spent almost $400 the way it was, and almost all on sale items. It was a great feeling to finally own some nice outerwear that I'd feel comfortable enough to go out in.

So, my pleasant dilemma is to now find room in the closet.....

If all goes well, and I'm a harsh personal critic, and the makeover and pics turn out (think if we take 500+ we should get a couple decent ones, eh?), I'll post here on the Forums for your judgement, I mean your amusement. :heehee:

kimdl93
03-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Glad you had a good outing to Dress Barn. My expereince there has been great as well - except that I'm just a bit too big in the shoulders, so often have to go plus size for tops. As for fitting everyting in the closet - you'll just have to get rid some of your male clothes to make room!

ArleneRaquel
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
I will have to visit Dress Barn, it seems that they have a very progressive policy in relationship to the LGBT community, then again our money is as good as everyone else's.

docrobbysherry
03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I have no idea what a Dress Barn is, but u make visiting one sound like a lot of fun, Chris! Hope your outing even surpasses that shopping trip!