PDA

View Full Version : Driving down the road

Nikki Len
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It was my turn to drive. Got behind the wheel and started driving about a hour later my wife came out of the sleeper and set in the jump seat(passager seat). We started talking about things we like to do when we are home for 5 days. I have to go to my father's and return his rifle that I had fix. And nothing else. My wife want ot visit family for the day. So we agree to go our own way for the day. Then she asked me a question that I have never asked my-self. She asked if I was interested in men when I dress up as a woman. I told her I really never thought about it, but then again, I am not gay. I only like women. Then she stated that she was told that when a man dress as a woman, he is gay. I just started to laugh so hard, she got mad at me. I explain thay it what's people think and they are wrong. I then explain that there is some crossdresser that are bi and a gay. But most of them are straight. I told her to look it up at a doctor website that we have bookmark.

So she spent the whole day looking at crossdresser info. she was shock to see that most CD are straight and most are in the closet. Most women are married to a CD and don't know it. LOL

Connya

Live

Julie Gaum
03-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Your wife fell for the biggest myth and hurdle for any CD. Glad she studied the subject. Though perhaps 15% of cross dressers are Bi, Gay, in transition or beyond (or haven't reached that point when they know that they lean in another direction) most are hetero. That doesn't mean that we don't have a strong feminine side and are proud of it.
It's all up hill from here.
Hugs
Julie

sissystephanie
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
As Julie said, as CD's we do have a strong feminine side. But as we all know you don't have to be Bi or Gay to have that side! I have been a crossdresser for over 60 years and have never had any desire to be Bi or Gay! I love women!!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I'd like to offer my own insight on this, for what little it might be worth.

I hear that myth all the time from the people I have confided to about my CDing. When they learn that I have absolutely zero homosexual desires at all, it confuses them. So I explain it like this. (It may or may not be true for you, but it might resonate so I think it's worth reading.)

I am into CDing, NOT because of homosexual leanings, but because of my extremely high interest in women. It's more of a "super straight," if you will. I usually don't enjoy being male. Masculinity is often revolting to me...men are pigs...I am one, I've been in the locker rooms, I talk with other guys when ladies are not present, I know what slimy, awful people they can be. Why, then, would I want to be WITH one?

And suddenly they understand. I hope this helps in explaining it to your wife. :)

Richelle423
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I wuold just say that when I'm dressed up I have lesbian tendencies and I like all things women.when I'm in drab I'm straight,en femme I'm a lesbian.

Annette Todd
03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I sincerely hope things work out for you. Take it slow and maybe make a game out of it! Find some way to make it fun for her too.

Cheers

Barbara Ella
03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Connya, it is so good that your wife is interested and talking and questioning. Only by continually questioning will anyone find the answer. Keep her as involved with your dressing as you possibly can, and some of the other myths that she has in her mind but not verbalized will be busted. Good job.

Babes

RADER
03-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Cyonna:
Do you drive a big rig, and if so, what type.
I am retired Carpenter, but drive a Peter built dump part time, and love it.
Rader

kimdl93
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
its easy enough to understand why the CD/homosexual connection arose and persists. Until fairly recently, there was no open discussion of any behavior that deviated from the official norm. So, as a culture any discussion of such differences was regarded as grave taboo, which limited discourse to whispers or playground tittering. I don't know about you, but as a sixth grader, I was full of misinformation about a lot of things....shared with absolute authority by upper classmen.

Its pretty hard to expect anyone to have a realistic view of cross dressers if the basis for their information is playground chatter and of course, the lurid tabloid nonsense that too many adults consume as "news".

nov
03-13-2012, 05:48 PM

I hear that myth all the time from the people I have confided to about my CDing. When they learn that I have absolutely zero homosexual desires at all, it confuses them. So I explain it like this. (It may or may not be true for you, but it might resonate so I think it's worth reading.)

I am into CDing, NOT because of homosexual leanings, but because of my extremely high interest in women. It's more of a "super straight," if you will. I usually don't enjoy being male. Masculinity is often revolting to me...men are pigs...I am one, I've been in the locker rooms, I talk with other guys when ladies are not present, I know what slimy, awful people they can be. Why, then, would I want to be WITH one?

And suddenly they understand. I hope this helps in explaining it to your wife. :)

This is great advise. I am in the same boat right now (straight), and simply don't enjoy being male.

Nikki Len
03-19-2012, 02:56 AM
We drive an International ProStar. My wife is great. She support me in what I do, because I support her when no one support her. Very long story. She understand why I do it, but still have questions and I try to answer them truthfully.

Connya

Imeni
03-19-2012, 03:26 AM
It's awesome that you have a wife that can keep an open mind and be accepting. I've been lurking here enough to hear about several marital breakups. But, maybe next time your wife is concerned and asks you a straight forward question... don't just laugh in her face. She's trying to learn and sarcasm and being laughed at isn't really a great leap forward. You of all people, being who we are, fear people not accepting us or laughing at what we do. :o

Carmen
03-19-2012, 04:37 AM

I couldn't have said that any better Bailey!

Nikki Len
03-20-2012, 12:33 AM
It's awesome that you have a wife that can keep an open mind and be accepting. I've been lurking here enough to hear about several marital breakups. But, maybe next time your wife is concerned and asks you a straight forward question... don't just laugh in her face. She's trying to learn and sarcasm and being laughed at isn't really a great leap forward. You of all people, being who we are, fear people not accepting us or laughing at what we do. :o

I understand where you are coming from, but I explain to her why I like to CD, and I have never thought about being with a guy. She know this. And I was not laughing at her, I was laughing at her question. After she claim down I explain why I was laughing....... the myths never dies. I am wondering who told her that.

Connya

Alyla
03-20-2012, 04:05 AM
What Bailey says.

Alyla