PDA

View Full Version : Question from a GG.

AngGG
11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi,

One of the things that I find is so great about this site is that everyone seems to be very open, honest and accepting, and encouraging.

So here is my question. Do any of you find that because this site is so accepting and encouraging that you have gone farther in your crossdressing than you ever thought you would? You know wearing different or new styles of clothes, buying breast forms, trying a wig or even wearing make-up for the first time going out dressed?

If you have do you think you would have done these things if you had not found this site?

Thanks in advance for your responses!!!:D

Katrina
11-02-2005, 09:19 PM
I know that I never would have considered putting a photo of myself showing my face without this site. It has definately helped me to accept my CDing more and definately made me feel like I'm not a pervert. It is very good therapy. You girls rock!

Sarahgurl371
11-02-2005, 09:23 PM
I have found that the positive re-enforcement of finding other like myself has had a tremendous impact on my own self esteeem and acceptance. It hasn't made me want to try anything that I haven't already wanted to do, but it seems to have bolstered my courage some, to the point that I am willing to stand up for myself to my wife, as she is not very accepting. This is part of who I am and I am tired of hiding in the closet. I am not saying I am going to scream it on the street corner, but I think that I am entitled to be loved for who I am in my own home. I believe this forum has had a huge impact on my personal outlook. It is very nice to have a place where one can go, albeit in cyberspace, that we can talk, exchange ideas and feel acceptaed for who we are---no judgements.

It does make me want to look better though, as I see some very beautiful GG and CDs on this site. It has seemed to make me want to increase my wardrobe!

TGMarla
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Well said, Tammy. I feel much the same way. And whereas this forum has not yet induced me to do anything I haven't done, like go out anywhere, it has made me consider it a lot more. My future as a CD seems a little brighter to me because of all the wonderful ladies I have had the pleasure of corresponding with here. Thanks to you all! :cool:

Shannon
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi Ang,
This forum has helped me, through feedback, sharing of other stories and experiences, encouragement and reinforcement, to try things I've always wanted to do, but was too insecure to try. So now, rather than surpressing and having to keep my desires constrained to fantasies, I'm able to experience what I want -- like shopping, trying on clothes at the store, going out. I've taken only my first small steps. I'm happier and more comfortable and confident of myself and my CrossDressing than I was before joining this forum. I was pretty much over any guilt, shame and embarassment I had before joining this forum -- but those feelings are really behind me now.
I think one of the themes throughout many of the threads here is "do the things you are comfortable with, do them at your own pace, and know that we are all with you and supporting you". There is unconditional acceptance of where you are when you join this forum. There isn't any social pressure, expectations, competitions, nor anything like that to cause a girl to go beyond what she is ready for. In fact, one of the great things about this forum is the self-discovery -- it is a wonderful way to better understand yourself and what you may want to try, or not try, adn when you may be ready to try it.

Laurie Ann
11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
This site has helped me realize that dressing is not something to hide and be ashamed of. I have used this site to extend myself as Laurie Ann more than I ever would have alone. The wonderful support here is a great encouragement and allow me to express my feminine side in a non threatening environment.

robinLynn
11-02-2005, 10:32 PM
i was suicidal

Staci
11-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I think that with the confidence boost I get from reading about what others have been able to do it gives me confidence to try a little more. Never would have bought a wig or tried full make-up without reading about others experiences and realizing I was part of a group of very caring and understanding people. Not an unusual person.

Donna Delite
11-02-2005, 11:14 PM
This site has really helped me to come out. This was the first place I posted pics as Donna. Encouragement from other girls here helped me do things as Donna that I never would have considered before finding this site. As to what those things are, well, use your imagination.

robinLynn
11-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Well said, Tammy. I feel much the same way. And whereas this forum has not yet induced me to do anything I haven't done, like go out anywhere, it has made me consider it a lot more. My future as a CD seems a little brighter to me because of all the wonderful ladies I have had the pleasure of corresponding with here. Thanks to you all! :cool:
i agree with marla i was in a daze wondering about everything until all these ladies got it right

Billijo49504
11-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Well I dressed and had wigs before I knew about this site. BUT, The fine people here sure has made it easier to go out in public dressed.Also to let the clerks in the stores know I'm shopping for myself, instead of saying I'm shopping for the wife.
So no, I didn't really need the fine folks here, but they sure made life easier.

Angela Burke
11-03-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm 53, and I've been crossdressing (not full time) all of my life that I can remember so being a part of this forum hasn't changed my crossdressing in the slightest.
What the internet and this site in particular has done is open my eyes (and mind) to the number crossdressers there are. The knowlege that you're not
crazy or a pervert is a wonderful feeling.
I enjoy reading the other girls posts, and contributing my own.
I'm sure it's informed and amused many.
(I mean this forum of course not my contributions).

Love Angela XX

Rebecca Petersen
11-03-2005, 01:10 AM
I've been dressing since the paleolithic era, so to say this site, or the internet that Al Gore invented, changed my perspective, would not be true. This site does however offer support, guidance and friendship to all. Although I've only been a member for a short time it becomes instantly obvious that these are a friendly, nice, group of people. There also is a feeling of being united that one gets, knowing that they are not alone.
Rebecca

Deborah
11-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Well let's see...since i found this site i've

1) Came out to my parents
2) Accepted myself for who i am
3) Went to my first TG meeting (en femme)
4) Bought myself a wig and wear it
5) Started practicing with makeup
6) Posted a picture of myself en femme on the internet
7) Made lots of new friends while i'm at it
8) Bought myself my own clothes both online and at the store
9) Gone out sort of en femme (Female jeans/blouse/shoes/panties but no wig.
10) Shave my entire body on a regular basis. (except head lol)

So yes thanks to this site and one other i am alot happier then i was at the beginning of this year.
Maybe one of these days i'll actually go out in a dress/wig/makeup etc but not ready yet.

DawnRodgers
11-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Hi there Ang,
In my case I have done everything before finding this site. Fully dressing, shaving my entire body, obtaining a wordrobe, going out and about en femme. I found this site just a few months ago and i love it gor its' openness and easy access of a lot of information. Even that there are GG's here looking for information on whatw their partners are going through mentally. I wish that I could interest my wife in a place like this.
Dawn

gina13
11-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi AngGG
My answer is yes and yes.
We all need a support group and tvcdts people probably more than most.
Personally I have found a safe haven here where at first I lurked annonymosly
ecstatic that a community like this existed-And now where I have found a place to channel and share my feminine self. Being here is helping me to understand myself and the colorful diversity of our individualities.
Yes having a place where we can be open and honest without being judged or stigmatized is very theraputic and appreciated. Kudos to the people who make it real.
xxxooo
Gina :hugs:

Lilian
11-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Its also very good for the GG's to read the posts, it make us understand a bit better what a lot of you C D's go though so I love to come on this site and read things. thank you for the site its doing great work.:thumbsup:

Lisa Golightly
11-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I think these forums have made me more conservative than in my previous incarnations :)

As for the question have they inspired me to buy things, then the honest answer is no. I've dressed fully since 17 and have been 24/7 for longer than I care to remember.

Barbara B
11-03-2005, 03:44 AM
I dont think this site will encourage me to do anything I haven't already done, but it does make you understand there are loads more girls out there like you. It offers plenty of support and boosts confidence making me feel better about myself which must have a knock on effect on my SO.

Gunda
11-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Hi,
This forum has been by turns both enoyable, helpful, and encouraging. I'd dressed for almost two years before finding this site and joining but interacting with people on the boards here has helped me accept my dressing and come to see it not as a sign that somethings "wrong" but something that is as just as kosher and special as any of my other hobbies.

Best,
Gunda

Kelly_TGirl
11-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Hi,

One of the things that I find is so great about this site is that everyone seems to be very open, honest and accepting, and encouraging.

So here is my question. Do any of you find that because this site is so accepting and encouraging that you have gone farther in your crossdressing than you ever thought you would? You know wearing different or new styles of clothes, buying breast forms, trying a wig or even wearing make-up for the first time going out dressed?

If you have do you think you would have done these things if you had not found this site?

Nope, i had gone out dressed up and experimented long before this site. My own preference is females and ive met enough and seen for myself that plenty of GGs not only accept TVs but LOVE them!

I do not need other TVs or GGs to give me confidence or the will to do things. I do look on this site as a good read though, Unfortunately the Upcoming Events forum is a bit weak. But that may be because they are not out or do not have a supportive partner or indeed want to be out.

Its a good site, i do however take most things with a pinch of salt but enjoy reading them all.

flatlander_48
11-03-2005, 07:23 AM
I've joined recently, but I've been reading the messages since last Spring. While I don't think reading the various messages here will change my dressing habits, I do take a lot of comfort in getting a strong sense of The Community. If I had to label myself, I would say bisexual crossdresser. The recognition of both were significant, but separate, hurdles. The crossdresser part has only come to the fore in the last 3 or 4 years (I'm nearly 57). However, it had been suppressed since puberty. This rediscovery has been a fairly positive experience given the goodwill and information on sites like this.

melissacd
11-03-2005, 08:35 AM
This forum, the acceptance and care of other members, the stories of the trials and tribulations - all of these things have helped me to come to terms with my cross dressing. This forum and its wonderful members have helped me to accept a very important part of me that I have been suppressing all of my life.

So the answer is - yes - this forum has changed me in many ways - all for the better.

Sophia Rearen
11-03-2005, 08:36 AM
AngGG,
Yes, of course this forum has encouraged more from this girl. Amongst other things, the two most recognised for me are the purchase of 2 pair of breast forms and going out enfemme all day with confidence.:D

Jamie M
11-03-2005, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure that it has made a difference to me personally in that kind of way. it has definately made me feel better about myself and I no longer have to bouts of feeling disgusted about myself which used to be a problem.

As for the examples you stated , i did all these before joining so again i cant really say yes to that either . what i can say though is that I feel the forum has helped move along kelly's level of participation as she as found GG's like yourself in the same boat as her that have been able to help with her misgivings.

To sum up , i would say that i enjoy the MtF forum as just a place to be and to enjoy , the real differnece that as been made in my life has been made by what the GG fourm has done for kelly in helping her come to terms with who i am . For that i am enternally grateful not only to Tamara for setting the place up but also to all the other GG's who post there .

Thank - you :gh:

Bonnie D
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
This site is a great place to share thoughts and experiences and to feel a part of something much larger than feeling alone. The internet itself though has allowed me to expand both my wardrobe and my progression in crossdressing. I found a place in another city which caters to crossdressers regarding clothing and social events. I went there and got dressed and put on full make up for the first time and went to out in public with a few other crossdressers. There are many other sites where I order feminine items on-line rather than having to go to stores.

So this site itself hasn't pushed me as such to expand but the internet has.

Bonnie

Kim E
11-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Hi ~
Very interesting questions for the members.
In my case, as a TG gal, I would have to say no to your questions. Kim has come to this point today as a result of trial and error over years and years. All done without the excellent support groups available online today. Only been a member here for about a month, but here I find acceptance and reassurance that I'm not alone in this.
Thanks.

Kim

sadiechan
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
it's a v important question because it shows the value of this site and others like it.

Things I never would have done without my friends

1. Ever think that crossdressing was a good thing to be involved with.
2. I would never have told my gf and would've lived in guilt.
3. I would have not gone out, met up with girls and had fun as Sadie
4. I would have never entered a beauty contest as Sadie
5. I would never have learnt to accept Sadie

Thankyou,

Adele 2005
11-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi AngGG,

I'm new to this site but so glad I found it. I have cd'd all my life but early on learnt to feel extremely shameful and deeply depressed by it.

So, the difference this forum has made to me is more psychological rather than material, as it happily gives validation, acceptance and approval to cd's & tg's. I don't want to over-emphasise this as I may've found solace via a different route, such as counselling, a support group, or even openning up to family or friends.

By realising I'm not alone, I'm slowly becoming more comfortable with accepting who I am, and a tiny bit more confident and optimistic about the future, which is having a positive impact on the rest of my life, and really is a complete change from a month ago. Breaking free from being obsessed with how I could try and eliminate my feelings and behaviour (futile!) is an enormous relief.

I guess thoughts about building a fashionable wardrobe and being 'out' in public are much further into this journey as confidence grows?

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't think being here has changed anything I was doing -- I'd been going out and about before I came here. But I think it's been helpful in terms of practical advice, i.e. learning from the experiences of other people who've been out. Sort of like sharing sea stories at the bar after a day on the water.

And of course, the emotional support is great, plus it's simply nice to have a place to talk about what's going on in my femme life. I'm not out to friends and family, so I can't share things like my Halloween adventures.

lissa_cd
11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
great question, I feel that this site gave me the confidence to actually go out by myself to a lounge and interact with both males and females wherein I was completely accepted and flirted with. Yes this site gave me the conviction to purchase stylish and feminine items that I adore and cherish...Melissa

michellesue
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Yes the forum has helped. As a new member, I now will try to post a picture of myself. A big first step for someone who has always been deep in the closet. I have a few pictures, but I think I will need a new outfit for this picture.:)
Michelle

Tia
11-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I guess I would do quite the same thing even if I haven't found this haven (ok, I would have not posted pic of myself to internet). But I must say that now I feel a lot better about myself.

For me this place has given a lot more understanding about myself and a lot broader view about how SOs think about us.

So thank you all about this :<3:.

AngGG
11-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Thank you all for your replies so far! They have confirmed and validated what I had already thought about this site. I don't think this site would be as great as it is without the quality members and the outstanding moderators!! (panty threads excluded LOL :eek: )

KellyCD
11-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I have been blessed with a supportive wife. I had pretty much done everything I've done before but now it feels so much better to have someone accept me.

But I must admit, buying clothes is so much easier now.

arula
11-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Hi,

Definitely !!!