PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help for Gender Diversity Mapping project

Josie M
03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
While there's a lot to be said for not getting too hung up on "labels", having some consistent definitions is useful for helping the world better understand who we are.

Unfortunately, there seems to be much overlap in how terms describing transgender (and related) persons are used. So, I created something called a "mind map" on mind42.com.

What I have on it right now is my best understand based upon what I've read or heard from other trans-people. If any of you think you could help me flesh out that map, I can give you "collaborator" access.

here's the map...you might need a (free) mind42 account, I'm not sure...

http://mind42.com/pub/mindmap?mid=aa072604-46cb-4bb0-8026-46ff3338ea6f&rel=url

JessHaust
03-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Problem is , I dont think it is simple enough for a flat 2-dimmentional map.

RADER
03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I Think you have a March Madness Basketball brackets there in your picture.
I believe all of Illinois teams are out of it anyway; so it goes, Collage is just
like the big legs teams in any sport.......Chicago always loses.
Rader

Laura912
03-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Sorry, it looks too much like the Krebs cycle from Biochem...:( Jess may be correct in that a Z axis is needed.

Josie M
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
understand, but the mind map is the tool that I have available. On the plus side, I can add notes, weblinks, pictures, etc.....even cross-link between sub-groups. The main idea is to capture ideas until they start to take shape.

BTW - you can collapse all the branches and just open them a bit at a time....makes the map easier to read.

Foxglove
03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Josie, I find this very interesting, but I can't see much of the map on my computer. Any chance you can put it in a different format that I might be able to read?

Annabelle

elizabethamy
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
very interesting! requires thought....you seem to have a much higher developed sense of media reactions than people reactions to our status. a draft, but a good draft.

Josie M
03-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Annabelle - You can use the mouse wheel to zoom out and, on the bottom left of the page, there's a little button to collapse all the "branches", makes the map much easier to work with. I don't know why they don't make that more obvious on the site.

Elizabethamy - In typical "mind map" fashion, I'm just tossing things on it as I find it. Hopefully, it will flesh out more with time.

Karren H
03-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Problem is , I dont think it is simple enough for a flat 2-dimmentional map.

I do 3D geological modeling so they can add another dimension....