PDA

View Full Version : Did you buy anything lately with the excuse it was for Halloween?

Jesse69
11-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Saturday before Halloween I went and shopped in my first wig store and tried on 2 wigs which I bought. My excuse was that it was for Halloween. I'm very happy with the quality, price and size of my wigs! They were better than the 3 wigs which I bought on ebay for much higher prices. I paid $28 & $26 for my wigs in store. My ebay wigs cost $39, $40, & $10. My $10 wig was terrible.

It's so nice to shop for wigs in stores, but I think I can only do this during Halloween season. I guess I'll have to wait another year to do more in store shopping. I'm too shy to shop for a wig at any other time.

Anyone else bought something with the excuse it was for Halloween?

Jodi
11-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Jesse, I'm sure the staff in the shop knew full well that you were a cd. First of all, they sell to cd's all the time and they can read the body language. Second--you bought two wigs. Someone shopping for Halloween would buy one wig. A cd would buy two wigs. Relax and be open and honest with the staff in the store. They want your business and they want to give you the best service.

Jodi

Shannon
11-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I bought a few things that I wore on Halloween -- but made no excuses!

TGMarla
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I've done that in the past, but unfortunately not this year. Too broke. Gotta get a job.

sadiechan
11-02-2005, 10:06 PM
I remember buying a nurse's uniform with excuse that it was for halloween but it was a big old lie.

But forgive me , I was 18 and naive :)

Jesse69
11-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Jesse, I'm sure the staff in the shop knew full well that you were a cd. First of all, they sell to cd's all the time and they can read the body language. Second--you bought two wigs. Someone shopping for Halloween would buy one wig. A cd would buy two wigs. Relax and be open and honest with the staff in the store. They want your business and they want to give you the best service.

Jodi

They were actually selling wigs to another crossdressor while I was in the store. I bought two wigs that were both medium length / same style except one had red accents. I couldn't decide on one or the other so I told them I'd buy both for $54. The red accent wig looks like a club girl's hair, the other wig is all black, and it is my only black haired wig.

michellejean
11-02-2005, 11:51 PM
i did go shopping two days before halloween, bought a red leather long skirt blk. blouse ,red vest,nice wig spent a little over 225.00 dollars total.bought them all in the same store.sales lady said you sure will look nice at your halloween party.i said i guess i would if i was going to a party but i am not.and she said (with a smile and shocked look) your not.and i said no.i want them to wear in about two weeks from now when i go on a trip.oh well you will still look good i bet,,,she ask do you have any highheels, (blk.)i hope.,,yes i said. she handed the shopping bag and said have fun and please ,do come back anytime. very nice lady and i could tell she enjoyed helping me .

Billijo49504
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Two weeks ago I bought a long black velvet dress. I was going to be dressed gothic. But because my wife had to work early and it was raining, so I just wore my orange sweater, girly jeans and my red/brown wig. I just went out grocery shopping and paying bills.

jjjjohanne
11-03-2005, 05:59 AM
I first tried on ladies clothes in a store with a clerks help because I was shopping for halloween. I got hooked. Now I just go and shop and they help me just as politely. The halloween thing works. They don't seem to doubt the motivation for dressing might extend outside of halloween. Women are gullible concerning the motivations that drive a man. That's why we get away with so much!

miss_billy
11-03-2005, 12:09 PM
If I was to buy a wig, chances are I'd go with my wife have a mess about trying a couple on so as not to draw attention to the fact that I was buying for me then i'd get the wife to buy it for me. Chances are i'd tell them I was buying for a fancy dress party cos i'v'e got a bauldy head ( through choice ) i'd tell em I was going as Samson.:D :D :D

Sarahgurl371
11-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Just bought a new pair of shoes, walked right in and the lady asked if she could help me? I told her I need some HH for a costume party. She explained that womens sizes are usually 1 1/2 to 2 sizes different than mens sizes and showed me to the shoes! I loved trying them on in the store. Probably could've bought several pairs, but didn't want to raise too much suspicion. Kicked myself in the A@@ when I got home! Also bought several pair of clip on earings.