PDA

View Full Version : First time out in girl mode, now "Ma'am"ed in guy mode.

makin' it real
03-13-2012, 12:40 AM
So Saturday and today I had a curious combination of events. Saturday I went and had a full make-over for the first time. Char in San Jose just opened a new salon specializing in transformations for us TGs (charshairdesign.com) and boy did she fix me up right. I saw myself in the mirror as a real woman for the first time in my life. Char even teared up at seeing how profoundly that vision affected me.

I've dressed forever and have had several wigs over the years, but have never done the full make-up thing and certainly haven't gone out presenting as a woman. Oh no! :eek: Well, I went to Char's shop Saturday morning for a group make-up lesson that was open to the public, then had an appointment that afternoon for her to style my hair.

The make-up lesson was awesome. She matched a foundation color for me and walked us through the first few steps to doing it well. I was amazed at how much of a difference just doing the primer, concealer, and foundation made for me, and that's where the class ended for the day.

After the others left we talked about how I wanted my hair done. I gave her minimal guidance, just saying I'd like it to have at least some feminine touches while still being appropriate for my guy presentation in a conservative workplace. She spent a fair amount of time working with my hair then asked how I liked it, saying, "This is in guy mode." I said it looked good. It was neatly trimmed, and well shaped for my head. Much better than the stylist I'd been with before.

Then she said, "Now watch what I do so you can do it yourself." And using nothing more than mousse, a brush, a blowdryer, and hairspray, she proceeded to make that same haircut look like a stylish woman's hair! When she was done, my hair was nearly identical to a style I'd seen an ex-girlfriend wear! and she was a classic beauty with a great sense of style.

When Char saw how it was affecting me, she went ahead and put some simple, natural-looking make-up on me that matched my fully femme outfit and hair. I could barely contain myself seeing the woman me looking back through the mirror. She had me walk around in her spacious shop for a while and I commented to her how it seemed I was moving my body differently now that my hair and face were different. She said well sure, because now all of me is presenting as a woman instead of having my face separated from my body. It was glorious!

Then I walked outside as Rachel, in broad daylight, in a high density area! Lots of people saw me, even though I only went from the shop to my car. I was so nervous/excited/thrilled I even accidentally honked the horn as I was getting in. :doh: Drove home and walked again in broad daylight as fully Rachel from across the street and in sight of my neighbors (don't know if they saw me, nothing's been said). I was flying!

So, even though my hair is back to guy normal, I've been feeling Rachel more and more fully these last couple days. Yum. So I was in conversation with a co-worker in the office today. We have a good working relationship, playful and challenging, and we bring things to each other when we want help troubleshooting. Well today she was worked up over something and explaining it to me.

We were standing about 3 feet apart facing each other as she worked her way through it, then she wrapped it up with, "And there you have it, ma'am." She started to backpedal with, "I meant 'sir,'" and I said, "Don't worry about it. You can can call me 'ma'am' too, just don't call me late to dinner."

Well, this is an acutely observant and intelligent woman. Aware I might have just outed myself, I may have flushed slightly over the next minute or so. :o Still, it was a joy having her default to the feminine for me. Now we'll just have to wait and see if she makes any "testing" comments over the next few weeks. D'oh!

I have a feeling Rachel is going to see the sun a whole lot more, now that she's learning how to join her head with her body! Yay!!! :cheer:

So, a question - Do you move or feel different after making your hair and face look more womanly rather then when you're just dressed without changing your face and hair?

I was really surprised by how much easier it was for me to sit, stand, and move like a woman when all of me was dressed. It's like body and mind came together, or like all of my body, head included, was now expressing my womanhood. Whatever it was, I like it! Has anyone else noticed that change?

~Rachel :love:

SusanCACD
03-13-2012, 05:41 AM
A new place in San Jose? Where exactly is it?
Susan

Naray
03-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Great to her that story :)

PretzelGirl
03-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Awesome story Rachel! I would find a safe outlet and get some of the new feelings worked through your system. You may have not outed yourself yet, but you might want to think it through instead of reacting. Sounds like a good beginning to a new phase of you. Have fun!

makin' it real
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM
A new place in San Jose? Where exactly is it?
Susan

Hi Susan, her shop is right on The Alameda. Great area there for shopping too!

Great to her that story :)

Thanks, Naray, great to live it, too. I've been so, so long dressing but not presenting. I've known I wanted to go further in CDing, but always stopped myself from putting all the presentation pieces together for some reason. I think I was (am) afraid to put all the pieces together because of how much I'd like it.

Well, the pieces did come together, and I do like it. And Char helped me feel safe enough to do it. When I left her shop, I felt happy and confident as a woman and wanted to go wandering down the streets and shops being Rachel. That is a new feeling for me.

Awesome story Rachel! I would find a safe outlet and get some of the new feelings worked through your system. You may have not outed yourself yet, but you might want to think it through instead of reacting. Sounds like a good beginning to a new phase of you. Have fun!

Yeah, I think you're right Sue. It definitely feels like I've turned the page. I've already ordered a blow dryer and brushes so I can start making Rachel's hair myself. Another friend here, AllieSF, has been encouraging me to practice make-up on my own, but again I had always held off, I think because besides the fear I was also intimidated about how much there is to learn. Taking this lesson helped take the intimidation factor out of the equation.

As to the possible outing at work, yeah, I'll take it very slowly there. Only one coworker knows I CD, and he's in a different office. My current office is almost entirely women, so discussions of personal lives happens regularly, and several are highly conservative in their social beliefs. CDing might create unnecessary problems.

Although I'm pretty darn sure the woman who called me ma'am would be fine with the information and would hold it safely, there also isn't any compelling reason she would need to know. We don't spend time together outside of work.

~Rachel

Victoria StJohn
03-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Rachel, thanks for sharing such a beautiful experience.:thumbsup: I can see you are going to enjoy this summer to the fullest. You go girl. Cheers, VSJ.:battingeyelashes:

suchacutie
03-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Terrific story, and in answer to your question, makeup and a wig were the first things the my wife worked on with me. She knew it would make all the difference in the world. Clothes and heels are great, but changing your face, and knowing you can feel the difference pushes me right over into Tina mode!

makin' it real
03-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Rachel, thanks for sharing such a beautiful experience.:thumbsup: I can see you are going to enjoy this summer to the fullest. You go girl. Cheers, VSJ.:battingeyelashes:

Victoria, I love your tag line. I use it in my email adress: rachel.loveslife at etc. And yeah, I think this is going to be an awesome summer, especially with Rachel coming out so much!

Terrific story, and in answer to your question, makeup and a wig were the first things the my wife worked on with me. She knew it would make all the difference in the world. Clothes and heels are great, but changing your face, and knowing you can feel the difference pushes me right over into Tina mode!

Yeah, you sure got that right. Having the hair and make-up was like a switch turning on. I had no idea it could be this good. Boy was I missing out.

Oh, and I put up a couple pictures over here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?170873-First-time-fully-as-Rachel).

~Rachel

AmberDay
03-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Loved the story! Don't stop now!

Misti
03-17-2012, 01:56 AM
So, a question - Do you move or feel different after making your hair and face look more womanly rather then when you're just dressed without changing your face and hair? I was really surprised by how much easier it was for me to sit, stand, and move like a woman when all of me was dressed. It's like body and mind came together, or like all of my body, head included, was now expressing my womanhood. Whatever it was, I like it! Has anyone else noticed that change? ~Rachel :love:

Fabulous story, Rachel. The answer is an unqualified, "Yes!" My own trouble is that I have had the sum total of only three (3) makeovers, and what a difference they made for me. Wow! :daydreaming:

I go around the house 24/7 em femme in everything (including 3" heels) but that final touch, the head. :sad: Funny thing is, I know this incredible difference it makes in me, and even then, I can't seem to bring myself to allow my SO to do the makeup thing on me, even though we have talked about it some, plus we have bought the makeup together, and it is all ready to go? Can't explain it, pure and simple fear, that's what??? :o

Your story will undoubtedly help to move me forward, so thanks. Again, congrats on a remarkable breakthrough, Have fun this summer.... L&R

diannecourtney
03-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Had a none happening event, went to the cleaners in boobs and skirt. After many drive food buys, as I said nothing really happened but usually my conversation is brief and to the point, but Irealized when I made my way to the car, I actually chatted at length with the lady. Rather enjoyed the experience.

Julie Martin
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Rachel, great story. I have seen face, hair, and voice (if possible)described as the major cue's to femininity, and as far as the face and hair there is nothing like a professional transformation service in that area to make you into a woman. An amazing feeling Good for you!