PDA

View Full Version : "You know that you're cute!"

Jacqueline Winona
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes, I really heard that from an extremely kind, friendly salon owner yesterday while dressed! The oddyssey in getting my first wig finally reached its conclusion yesterday. I met with Julia at her salon again, taking an early lunch. It was just the two of us, and she encouraged me to bring a blouse. I thought about it, brought a blue dress instead with black tights to match my black heels. We tried on both the red one that I loved so much and the ash blonde, but the choice was obvious when I put the blonde one on.
Julia then offered to help me with my makeup, giving me tons of tips and making this mug look better than I ever could have done. Then, we posed for pictures, and she made that comment as I posed, encouraging me to smile.

Unfortunatley the new camera I bought did not have a memory card, and in my excitement to get to the appointment I never even thought to look for one. I did snap a few with my cell phone, but it doesn't do justice to the work Julia did. Still, that one comment she made just made my day. and i do promise, for those who have asked, yes, I will post pictures soon, just won't be as nice as they were yesterday. :)

STACY B
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Crap your lucky thats what im talkin bout , Feels good ,, HUH,,,, All folks aint bad . :daydreaming: :battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
03-14-2012, 07:17 AM
Take the compliment and enjoy it.

Marleena
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Take the compliment and enjoy it.

Agreed! A compliment is a good thing for sure for any TG girl. Usually we are expecting the worst.lol.

GeGe
03-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes comliments do wonders!!

Jacqueline Winona
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks, girls! And believe me, my heart melted when I heard it (it was only later that I thought about it :) .) But what an experience- I'd never been anywhere as Janice other than my house, and to really do it, with clothes, hair and makeup and know that it was done right was just the most incredible feeling. I'm still buzzing about it.

Jorja
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Uh-Oh, another one reaching for the door! :)

TGMarla
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
That's great. When I went out last for a new wig (which is getting old now), I told the shop owner, Linda, "I'm here so you can make me gorgeous."

She said, "You're already gorgeous!"

Some people say the nicest things! :battingeyelashes:

DonnaT
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Your camera should have an internal memory, aside from a memory card, or else it shouldn't take any pictures.

Might want to look?

~Joanne~
03-14-2012, 01:29 PM
Your camera should have an internal memory, aside from a memory card, or else it shouldn't take any pictures.

Might want to look?

I was thinking this also, not as much space as a memory card but it should hold a few internally.

Glad you had such a great experience and thanks for sharing it :)

Michelia
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Can't wait to see those pictures, cutie.

Kate Simmons
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Well, I know I'm cute, but what are you?:heehee::)

ArleneRaquel
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I know that I'm cute when I pass a mirror and it stays intact.

Barbara Ella
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I know I am just cute as a button, as long as I dont open my eyes and let reality into my world. Such a great experience. Of course, because you didnt get enough really good pictures, that means you have to go back for another session, and perhaps another wig even. Sounds like a good enough reason for me.

Babes

Jacqueline Winona
03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks, girls you are all so sweet! And I'll see what I can do with the camera- I didn't know the internal memory would hold a photo. Babes- you convinced me! :) Julia offered to give me a makeup lesson and I definitely need it. I really can't say enough good things about her and her shop, TG friendly is the biggest understatement in the world when describing her and About Face.

Debglam
03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
That is terrific Janice!

Julia is awesome! I've bought a couple of wigs from her and it was an absolutely enjoyable experience.

emmicd
03-14-2012, 10:14 PM
it is always nice to get dressed up and be acknowledged. i have always enjoyed dressing up and wished i could be free to live and do in my dresses. i am happy that you were able to enjoy being a girl and getting the attention. it is always nice to be cute and pretty. hope you get to enjoy more experiences like that and you get nice pictures of the fun times.

Paulette
03-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Janice, I talked with Julia after she did your mini make over and she was so happy at your expression when you saw your self. Julia really loves helping us special girls look our best. If you really want an experience have her give you a facial followed by a make over you will not believe how good your skin will look. The big plus with a facial is that you will not only have nice skin but you will be totally relaxed.

Jacqueline Winona
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Paulette, thank you for sharing that! It really was a great day! And I will take your advice on the facial/makeover.