PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! did he just say that?!?!

Jennifer in CO
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
went to the Dr's today. While I was dressed as usual (fem top, slacks, shoes, etc but not obvious) my panties were very plain black nylon and I didn't wear a bra. Dr has me take off my shirt (why I didn't wear a bra) and begins his check-ups. We're almost through with the exam and he points to my chest and says "have you considered breast reduction? If not, I would either recommend you may want to either consider it or wear a bra. The latter is cheaper but some guys have a problem with wearing one. You will probably find most of your neck and shoulder stress would be much less if you at least consider wearing one in the mean-time"

As I left...all I could think about was ...Gee...I wonder if I could actually get a prescription for a bra...

sorry...it was a giggle moment

I went home and put one on....felt better right away!

Jenn

Cherry Lynn
03-13-2012, 09:34 PM
If I go several days without wearing a bra I can feel the stress in my neck and shoulders. I thought maybe I was just imagining things at first but decided not. Your post seems to confirm that.

StacyCD
03-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Cool excuse to wear a bra--my doctor told me too! I am lucky enough to be able to sleep in a bra and forms every night! My SO is awesome!!

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Haha! Very cool! :D I probably would have told him "yeah doc, actually I do wear one...just didn't today because I didn't know if that would make you uncomfortable. But if it's the doctor's orders......!" XD

LeaP
03-13-2012, 10:27 PM
If I go several days without wearing a bra I can feel the stress in my neck and shoulders. I thought maybe I was just imagining things at first but decided not. Your post seems to confirm that.

Not only that, you didn't have a co-pay!

Lea

Ozark
03-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Looks like it's time to break out the sports bras!

Marleena
03-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Great Story Jennifer! The doctor is accepting.:)

sterling12
03-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Are you on hormones? Or, is your Doctor just speculating because your dressed femme, and you have boobs?

Either way, guess The Good Doctor was telling you that it's OK with him.

So, now he can't say anything negative when you show up in a black, lacy, number. Perhaps something like Madonna wore, A Bullet Bra ought to give him a thrill!

Peace and Love, Joanie

monalisa
03-14-2012, 07:00 AM
If you had gotten a prescription for some bras from the doctor maybe the insurance company would have to pay for them.

kimdl93
03-14-2012, 07:04 AM
well, he was pretty professional and matter of fact. What more can you ask for from a physician? I am curious about the breast development, tho. As asked above, are you on HRT or is it a consequence of some other health issue? If its the former, you might want the doc to know.

Jennifer in CO
03-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Kim,
due to a asthma medical study 30+ years ago I grew breasts (B+ on a 30 inch frame). At the time there were two schools of thought.
1: girls have breasts
2: if it has breasts, it is a girl.
So I transitioned. Not that I didn't want to, I was a crossdresser then (almost full time) and my wife was the one who wanted me to "have a few curves" so that was what started it all. Its a very long story so I wont go into it here but I transitioned and lived full time as a girl for almost 5 years. My wife asked me to transition back so I did (another part of the long story). Did steroids which took the breasts and turned them into "well defined" pectoral muscles...kinda. Now, 30 years later, they look like breasts again.

Jenn

Aylineira
03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow I didn't know that! I always knew that tights were good for people's legs for medical purposes but bras that help neck and shoulder strain?! wait until my wife hears about this ;)

docrobbysherry
03-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I was GOING to suggest on your next doc visit u wear matching panties with your bra. Then, explain to the doc they came free when u bought the bra!

But, after reading how you've switched genders 2 times, Jenn, it doesn't sound so funny!

Barbra P
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
A few years ago when my Doctor prescribed Finasteride for my BPH condition she mentioned that one side affect was breast development; somewhat rare but still a possibility. At the time she was not aware that I cross dressed, she is now, and she explained that surgery was one option. She explained that surgery always entailed some risks and that unless the breasts caused me extreme embarrassment she would recommend simply wearing a bra. Alas, in my case there was very little breast development, just a little on the sides under the arms and no bra is warranted

I just recently learned that in medical school she wrote a thesis on crossdressing. Knowing that makes it much easier to be open with her..

Bailey_in_Mansfield
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Heh... I'd be interested in reading said thesis. :)

Cherry Lynn
03-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Not only that, you didn't have a co-pay!

Lea
That is the only thing about crossdressing that has saved me money.