PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the pink fog!

Marleena
03-14-2012, 08:12 AM
This post is mostly for the new members but it will get all of us. The pink fog can make a CD think they are TS. It can make you buy things you don't need. It can make you obsess about being a girl. It affects relationships. It can drive you around the bend.lol. It is insidious but it feels so good.:)

How does the pink fog effect you?

Any advice or warning for new members?

Amanda22
03-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Excellent post! I've seen several girls on this forum go from coming out of the closet one week to wanting SRS two weeks later. The rush of excitement is understandable, especially if one has suppressed their CD-ness for decades like me. We just need to breathe and let life take its course. Life is a process of discovery ("journey") and we sometimes want to jump to the destination ASAP. The destination isn't the point of it all.

suzy1
03-14-2012, 08:41 AM
It doesn’t. I am a realist but thanks for the warning Marleena.

In my opinion there are some here that live in there own little world.
I worry for them.

Hugs, SUZY

Marleena
03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
It doesn’t. I am a realist but thanks for the warning Marleena.

Holy crap Suzy I thought nobody escapes the pink fog! :)

NCAmazon
03-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Pink Fog = High Credit Card Bills, Over stuffed closets. Every time I walk through a department store and get that urge I keep hypnotically saying the words Pink Fog, Pink Fog over and over to stop myself and put myself back in reality.

suzy1
03-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Holy crap Suzy I thought nobody escapes the pink fog! :)

Some members think we all live in the pink fog. But they are the ones that are living in the pink fog.;)

kimdl93
03-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Good advice, certainly. Its easy to lose sight of reality in that initial euphoric rush. And in the process do things that may be difficult to remedy later on. If you're feeling an overwhelming impulse to do something, that's a good time to step back and reflect on the pluses and minuses. If it helps, use a decision tree (see http://www.mindtools.com/dectree.html ) to help consider your options in a less impulsive, more rational manner.

Beverley Sims
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
What about White Fog..... My SO in Hong Kong

Marleena
03-14-2012, 09:03 AM

Somebody needs to photoshop it pink Beverley.:)

Kaitlyn Michele
03-14-2012, 09:05 AM
It's a true statement Marleena.

TS people often suffer from gender dysphoria.. It's a very existential thing. It doesnt feel like a need to dress, or a desire to go out (although i felt these things), it is a feeling of not being alive, a feeling of infinite emptiness.

As strong as the idea of pink fog is to people, it is something to deal with.
Gender dysphoria is something that is literally difficult to survive.

If your pink fog is making you thing "ts thoughts" consider what i'm saying
...because the further you go down the ts path, the harder it gets.. there are alot more happy and content cd's than ts's..
and cd's have the huge benefit of keeping their male quality of life and can live with a very rewarding femme side

Each of us is different, our hearts and souls are unique and special in their own way.

Being honest with yourself about YOURSELF is vital to a good quality of life..

Karren H
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Warning : Pink fog could be hazardous to your health. Safety goggles may be required at all times. Do not dress if safety seal is broken. Not liable for damages arising from use or misuse. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue dressing. Dress only with proper ventilation. Avoid dressing in extreme temperatures and dress only in a cool dry place. Dress away from open flames. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and avoid inhaling while dressing. Do not puncture, incinerate, or dress above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not dress near a magnetic source. Void where prohibited by law... Not available in all states.... Colors may vary.... Objects may be closer than they appear in you magnifying makeup mirror.....

LeaP
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
This post is mostly for the new members but it will get all of us. The pink fog can make a CD think they are TS. It can make you buy things you don't need. It can make you obsess about being a girl. It affects relationships. It can drive you around the bend.lol. It is insidious but it feels so good.:)

Advice and warning:

1) If it feels good, it's probably pink fog.
2) If it feels bad, it's probably identity issues.
3) If you obsess about being a girl but insist you're a man, it's pink fog
4) If you obsess about being a girl and are seriously doubting you're male, it's probably identity issues
5) If it manifests as shopping, it's almost certainly pink fog
6) If it manifests as depression and panic, it's probably identity
7) Pink Fog and time have an inverse relationship. The longer it goes on the less likely it is to be pink fog.
8) If you're panicking your SO, it doesn't matter which it is - you have a problem.

Lea

Inna
03-14-2012, 09:23 AM
lol, I still have remnants of pink fog in my basket. About 100 bras that don't fit, but they were so pretty I could not stop buying on line, Hence the fit issue not to mention I did not have boobies at the time. After transition I have 4 bras perfect fit and I am content with them, and if you looked at these they resemble nothing close to those lacy beauties of ping fog spree. I suppose it shows literally the pink fog of desire versus, reality of womanhood, funny how it turns out at the end, sort of another of natures cruel jokes..................... at least I am able to laugh now :)

BRANDYJ
03-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I think this is an excellent thread Marleena. I sometimes think that the newer members read the threads about how well someone is treated when out shopping dressed, or how they should not care what others think, or that ALL mentioned stores where others have shopped are TG friendly etc. That they think it's OK for them to throw caution to the wind and step out into a world they are far from prepared for. Those new members read so much of this kind of post and think everybody's doing it, so it must be OK and easy. The truth is, so few are shopping while dressed, so few SA in various stores are comfortable or helpful to us CD's, so few if any stores train their sales or management associates on dealing with TG's. And because one store in a chain seemed fine with a CD shopping it their store, does not mean ALL of that chain's stores have as friendly of a staff. I read all the time, things like Dress Barn is so friendly to us. WRONG! it was that one Dress Barn that happened to have a SA or staff that was OK with us. Not the whole chain.
Again, my point is, not all of us are prepared to face the public, be it shopping or just out and about. But I feel some new members might get the feeling that everybody's doing it, so it must be OK. This can be dangerous in various ways.
So this is the way I think the Pink Fog can adversely get some members to do things that they simply are not prepared for.

Apply this same point to other issues such as dealing with a spouse or job situation, and maybe other situations. The Pink Fog can cause some new members, especially the younger ones, to do things that they otherwise might not.

Well said Lea! Some food for thought.

LeaP
03-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Apply this same point to other issues such as dealing with a spouse or job situation, and maybe other situations. The Pink Fog can cause some new members, especially the younger ones, to do things that they otherwise might not.

Excellent point! And so, #9 & #10!

9) If you're outing yourself to whoever, wherever, whenever because you're just gushing with enthusiasm, it's pink fog.
10) If you're outing yourself as part of a pre-arranged plan, it's definitely not pink fog.

Aylineira
03-14-2012, 10:20 AM
... but I'm reading these forums and shopping for a new dress right now.....

Foxglove
03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
After having been in a Blue Funk for so long, a bit of Pink Fog sounds welcoming. Every time I hear the term, though, it makes me think of candy floss ("cotton candy" for the Yanks). It doesn't sound healthy, and you don't want it in your hair or on your face. I wonder, though, could I ever get caught up in the Pink Fog? I don't think so. I'm too crusty and irascible. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself. Maybe I should buy some Pink Fog insurance.

whowhatwhen
03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Can the fog loop in on itself to cause false positives?

Of the list in this thread I identify with #2, #3 and #4 (if that makes sense), and #6.
A few recent threads started a chain reaction and landslide of doubt and questioning that has so far not stopped. The more I think, the worse it gets, and the more I think.

I'd love if someone told me it was just the fog though, so if someone could do that I'd appreciate it.
:)

At least I'm not burdening a GF/BF with it though, so there's that I guess.

docrobbysherry
03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Excellent thread, Marleena! I came out here after dressing for 10+ years in a complete vacuum. Of course, the euphoria of finding others like myself was soon replaced by the Pink Fog of expectation. And, waiting to "discover the woman hidden inside".

Now, after 4+ years of waiting for that shoe to drop, I'm pretty sure it's only about dressing and appearing to be female for me. NOT about actually being one deep inside!

Everyone here is NOT TS! It's just inhaling the Fog that may make us THINK WE R!

Lorileah
03-14-2012, 11:05 AM
It can make you buy things you don't need.

Tell me about it I now own 12 LBD's.

Spring time when the fog comes in daily

ReillyF
03-14-2012, 11:22 AM

Is this the pink fog?

Lorileah
03-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Few people seem to realise just how much danger they can put themselves in when their brains are scrambled with this pink fog mind set. It seems like a good idea at the time, but only two weeks later they wished to god they hadn't outed themselves, bought things they can't afford, made a fool of themselves, risked their standing in the community and put their marriage at risk.

Having done all the above, I do not regret any of it. I do regret that which I put off too long or didn't do at all. Well technically I have not bought anything I could not afford but I have bought many things that just didn't look as good on me as I wished

LeaP
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Now that I think of it, a pink fog machine for Halloween would be too cool for words!!!

Lea

Marleena
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Is this the pink fog?

There it is! Thanks Reilly, Beverley is having trouble seeing her SO because of it!

Kate Simmons
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Personally, I stopped blaming the "pink fog" a while back Hon. I now take responsibility for all of my own actions, good, bad or indifferent. If I'm going to be damned, I'll be damned for who I am.:)

Marleena
03-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Personally, I stopped blaming the "pink fog" a while back Hon. I now take responsibility for all of my own actions, good, bad or indifferent. If I'm going to be damned, I'll be damned for who I am.:)

Yes Abigail, but it's easier to blame it on the Pink fog.:)

Foxglove
03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes Abigail, but it's easier to blame it on the Pink fog.:)

This is beginning to sound like a Stephen King novel.

Marleena
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
It knows when my pay day is.
It makes me look for sales on women's clothes.
It knows when I have money left on my credit card.
It knows what I'm thinking when I see a lady all dressed up.
It knows if you have gender concerns.
It knows if you haven't dressed up.

It's ready to pounce..lol.

Ohh it's payday Friday. BBL I need to make a list.:)

mbmeen12
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Guilty, sooo guilty your honor. But I feel much better and this web site is my light house with my wife as the co capti with me in the wheel house.

AmberDay
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
This is beginning to sound like a Stephen King novel.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was thinking Dean Koontz, but Stephen King is better!

Laura912
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Pink fog? No problem. I'm instrument rated. :)

Piora
03-14-2012, 05:10 PM

Sometimes those feelings are so intense that you don't end up in a Pink Fog.....instead, you find you have landed on Planet Pink. If you find yourself there, then I'm afraid you're screwed. You ain't gonna get home without your bank account or credit card taking a severe beating. :doh:

Marleena
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Sometimes those feelings are so intense that you don't end up in a Pink Fog.....instead, you find you have landed on Planet Pink. If you find yourself there, then I'm afraid you're screwed. You ain't gonna get home without your bank account or credit card taking a severe beating. :doh:

Lol Piora this is becoming a fun thread.:) Nice to be able to blame the pink fog.

Thanks everybody.:)

Frédérique
03-15-2012, 04:10 PM
How does the pink fog affect you?

Fog makes everything look (and feel) beautiful – it obscures everything just-so in a soft haze, putting visible atmosphere between you and IT, whatever it may be. I always used to welcome the fog rolling in, and I would go out and look at the same old things which were now completely transformed, as if by magic...

In a similar vein, pink fog makes the drab seem beautiful, or it signals a need to transform into something (or someone) more beautiful – the “fog” pushes the male aside and clouds the issue of gender in a positive way. I always let the fog overwhelm me – not to do so is a crime...

The PINK fog is coming, so let it envelop you! There’s nothing to be afraid of, my dears... :battingeyelashes:

Foxglove
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Pink Fog Blues

by Annabelle Larousse

You're struttin' your stuff, girl
Down at the mall
And you know you're headin'
Straight for a fall
The SA is smilin' as she ushers you in
Cuz that ole Pink Fog done got ya again

When I hear you sighin'
And I hear you cryin'
"Go for it, baby,
There's nothin' to lose!"
You'll soon be singin'
Them Pink Fog Blues!

When you just gotta have
That cute little skirt
(Sure it's on sale, ain't it?
What can it hurt?)
The wife's gonna tell ya what a sucker you've been

When I hear you sighin'
And I hear you cryin'
"Go for it, baby,
You'll soon be singin'
Them Pink Fog Blues!

Satin and ruffles
Short dress and heels
Don't gotta tell you
How luscious it feels
Don't know the diff'rence between sweetness and sin

When I hear you sighin'
And I hear you cryin'
"Go for it, baby,
You'll soon be singin'
Them Pink Fog Blues!
Oh, yeah,
You'll soon be singin'
Them Pink Fog Blues!

CD available through the usual outlets!
Thank you! (Curtsey)

Lori B
03-15-2012, 06:20 PM
I embrace it :bh:.......but in a conservative way....:heehee:

Aprilrain
03-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't think it takes very long for the CD to realize that he dosen't really want to be a woman, why ruin the fantasy with reality, UGH! If you're TS the fantasy slowly eats away at your soul until you have to make it your reality.

Alice Torn
03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Annabelle, I can hear Frank Sinatra singing Those Pink Fog Blues!!

Leslie Langford
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM

Marleena,

Now that you've opened up this can of worms, as a public service feature to all your fellow CDer's here, you clearly need to follow this up with a thread containing a series of Jeff Foxworthy-style warnings and/or observations along the lines of "You might be a crossdresser experiencing the pink fog if..." :tongueout :heehee: :doh:

Marleena
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Marleena,

Now that you've opened up this can of worms, as a public service feature to all your fellow CDer's here, you clearly need to follow this up with a thread containing a series of Jeff Foxworthy-style warnings and/or observations along the lines of "You might be a crossdresser experiencing the pink fog if..." :tongueout :heehee: :doh:

Lol..good idea but I'm not very creative.:) I was hoping the others would help keep this going.

Susan G
03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
The Pink Fog keeps Susan G Alive!

Jacqueline Winona
03-16-2012, 06:48 PM
I was thinking of this thread today- had to drive 150 miles each way for work, only to wait for someone who never showed up. So, with all this extra time, I started thinking hmmm, there's a mall just down the road, with Macys, Penneys, Forever 21, . . . But I thought "Beware of the Pink Fog" over and over in my head and was good, just had lunch at the same mall at BJ's, got in my car, drove home, finished the rest of my work, and saved my money. So, original poster, THANK YOU for saving my wallet and being responsible. But what could have been . . . :)

Launa
03-16-2012, 07:06 PM
My advice would be to say that once you cross the line and "step out there" or get your way that it is not all what its cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, I like doing it a lot.
Its like when you hear somebody say, I will be happy once I get money or I will be happy once I retire. You are trying so hard to get "there" and once you get there you will find that its not always worth sacrificing everything you have to get it. I went out last month for my 2nd time and it was all good but it didn't feel like there were any big fireworks. It was just a good time. Will I do it again? Yes I will but I will give lots of consideration to my SO.

cindi cinnamon
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM
FOG..... I'll tell ya about FOG...... I've been walkin' around in it all my life...... It wasn't until it turned PINK, that I gained any clarity.

I'm very thankful for the "PINK FOG".

Tina B.
03-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Annabelle, If I knew the tune you put that to, I would dig out the old National and tune it up. Can I find it on Amazon? No not Frank, it's the blues, not pop.
As far as dealing with the pink fog, after much practice, and many badpouchess, I've learned a trick not to fall in the trap. I leave my wallet in the car, go in and window shop, after a few hours, the fog lifts, and in a few days if I still think it's something I want or need, then go back and get it, and run back out before the fog sets in.
When not shopping, like Frédérique, I love the pink fog!
Tina B>

Foxglove
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Annabelle, If I knew the tune you put that to, I would dig out the old National and tune it up. Can I find it on Amazon? No not Frank, it's the blues, not pop.

Tina B>

Sorry, Tina, I didn't have a tune in mind. But if you can think of someone good at coming up with tunes, sure we can always send the lyrics off to them.

Annabelle

Ally 2112
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't mind when the pink fog rolls in I seem to feel better and have more fun .Of course i whatch my budget (have to ) there is nothing better than coming home with a nice outfit whether on sale or not .Or makeup or hose or panties ok i will stop now the fog is rolling in

Julie Martin
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, an awesome range of input. After many phases of CDing, for me it is now about stepping into a female role and trying to pull it off, and it's down to about twice a year. I always go to a transformation service for a makeover, try to dress age appropriate, and try to blend in. The Pink Fog is a real danger, and I have thought about things that would be disastrous if they went wrong, but have managed to avoid them. I have learned to accept that CDing is a part of me, but I won't risk the rest of my life for it.

Helen H. Heels
03-21-2012, 03:10 PM
You forgot, "Your milage may vary"!
Love Helen