PDA

View Full Version : the "going thru a phase" concept

Ari333
03-14-2012, 02:48 PM
there was a point when I was much younger when I actually thought I would "outgrow" my love for feminine attire. I've found in my case, it wasn't true! :o I bet theres a lot of us who believed it, did you?

Julie Gaum
03-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I never thought it was a phase but when I was very young and my mother found a few of her garments under my mattress she never mentioned it. However my father came in to my room the next night, thought I was sleeping, and quietly said while touching my fingernails: "Just going through a phase---he's no sissy." And that was the end of it thank God!
Yes we know better but that was over 80 years ago.
Julie

Aylineira
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I always felt like it was something that needed to be suppressed growing up. Never really thought it was a phase that I'd eventually get out of.

STACY B
03-14-2012, 03:17 PM
there was a point when I was much younger when I actually thought I would "outgrow" my love for feminine attire. I've found in my case, it wasn't true! :o I bet theres a lot of us who believed it, did you?

Ya know what that was ? It was called a JOB an FAMILY ! Way to BUSY to dress you ever notice that if ya get real busy an slammed ya dont dress near as much ? That was my most dorment period , But just look at the age group on here most of the chix are around the same age GROUPS ,, Not the same age ,, AGE GROUPS ! I guess we have more time an we can do more ? cuz when your real young or even still in shcool it can be dismissed as a passing faze ,, Other things take center stage ,, Even GGs do it ,, Not so much into certain things at certain periods of there life . I guess we have wayyyy to much time on our hands ,, HUH,,,

Miranda-E
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
yeah, its never a just a phase.

Ari333
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
I guess it was also that when you're young and don't understand it (like I do now?), I wanted it to be a phase too. I wanted to be "normal" and be like the other boys. I just didn't realize that so many boys also secretly loved pretty dresses and high heels!

ArleneRaquel
03-14-2012, 03:41 PM
My phase has lasted over fifty years.

kimdl93
03-14-2012, 03:43 PM

Of course. I couldn't decide if I was just an incorrigible pervert or if this was some phase that I'd grow out of. A few decades later, I've abandoned any thought that the phase will pass.

barbie lanai
03-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Closest I came was while in the Navy. But would always do it while home on leave or liberty. And the last 6 months of my enlistment, found and rented a studio apartment so I could dress. Purged when the ship moved to Long Beach from San Diego and I was about to re-join civilian life in a month or two. Did have a stash in the trunk of the car for a short time, but the car was always subject to inspections if on base and worried me having fem clothes to explain. Heck back then better not even have male civies on base.

STACY B
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Esspecialy when your in a store dressed to the nines buying a new pair of heels when your about 40 in your home town with your OL BUDDYS wife at the check out counter ... DOH !!!!!! UH,, its for REAL !!

Marleena
03-14-2012, 03:47 PM

Oh yes lots have believed it! Then they end up married with kids and it comes back with a vengeance!

Then they have created "The Big Lie" but it was not intentional. Their SO's then have to deal with it too.

If you crossdress now you'll most likely later. Of course in the old days we didn't know this...

Gillian Gigs
03-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Yes, I agree, it is a phase that we all go through, it's called life! Never outgrown it yet, so when this phase is finished, what then? LOL

RenneB
03-14-2012, 06:16 PM
What phase, when I was 5 I thought the greatest thing in the world would be to have a closet full of girls clothes. As I got older, I got a couple of GG siblings and throught, hey when they grow up, I can use their clothes... When I went to college, I thought the greatest thing was to have a job that paid great $$ so that I could buy a closet full of girls clothes.... Now, I may not have the high paying job, but I sure do have the closet full of clothes....

I'm in my happy phase.....

Renne.....

Anna Lorree
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I thought I could beat it and get past it. No such luck... Unfortunately, life got complicated during those years and now I have a wife and kids who are also potentially affected by this now.

Anna

whowhatwhen
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
It's never a phase, and it never goes away - not even if you hear "those aren't for boys" or something similar.

BRANDYJ
03-14-2012, 06:37 PM
I can't say that I ever felt it was a phase I was going through, but I clearly remember thinking it would go away once I was married. And I married young at age 17. I also remember that when I was going steady with a girl, or just became attracted to a girl I wanted to date, the "phase" would stop. I also believe that in my case it all started out as purely a fetish type of sexual release. It was not until I was about 25 or so that I fell in love with the woman that would become my second wife, that I even knew what it was I was doing. The term Crossdresser was not even known to me back then. She was the first person I ever told. it was from there that my crossdresisng graduated to something more then just a sexual fetish. I was forced to finnd answers for her that I never even gave thought to explore before then.

JenniferR771
03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Just a phase, right. I thought it would end when I got married. It ended...for a few months...but then she had nice lingerie...and she was almost my size...she had lots of makeup and a couple of wigs. Oh no...OH YES!

Miriam-J
03-14-2012, 07:32 PM
So many phases... It's just a teenager thing. I can pray it away. I can ignore it. It just takes will power. When I have a steady sexual relationship it'll go away on its own. When I'm married it'll go away. Back to it just takes will power. Finally, I surrender. I like this last phase best.

Miriam

Diane Smith
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Well, obviously, the people who went through a "phase" of crossdressing and then quit are not reading or posting here. Since we all tend to assume that our own opinions and experiences apply to everyone else, you will find that this group thinks unanimously that no one can ever outgrow the behavior. That may or may not be true, but what is certain is that asking the users on CD.com will never help you find out the answer!

- Diane

Kate Simmons
03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
I outgrew a lot of phases Hon. It's an ongoing process and never stops until we reach our full potential as a being.:)

rachaelsloane
03-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Like they say "It's a life sentence" so just enjoy and have fun.

Lyric
03-14-2012, 10:20 PM
When I first decided to confront this with myself, that was one hypothesis I chose to test. I considered that I may have simply had some pent up desires from years of repression and if I did it awhile I get it out of my system. That was 25 years ago and I haven't had enough yet. In fact, of the countless people I've heard from or read accounts of I don't recall anyone ever deciding the phase was over and they'd had enough. Anyone here?

Lyric

docrobbysherry
03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Not, "phase", "phaser"! I'm pretty sure someone shot me with a CD phaser gun when I was 50!

How else can u explain those first completely CD Free 50 years!?

Inna
03-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I did! I finally outgrown my need to crossdress, now I just were clothes analogous with my gender :facepalm:.

Lorenqt
03-15-2012, 12:49 AM

I haven't and don't plan on "outgrowing" women's cloths.

Contessa
03-15-2012, 01:37 AM
I thought they said I would grow out of the clothes not wearing them. Okay now I will have to start all over. I can do this. I'll just stop and you'll see I grow out it. I won't do this forever, this is the last time I swear. I can put it out of my mind. Okay I slipped, Ill get back on track. I am trying to stop.

Tess

Celeste
03-16-2012, 08:07 AM
I did consider my dressing a phase at first,but I see now it was because that was the easy and best solution for the times and level of acceptance out there.Fear of exposure pretty much ruled my thoughts until I turned 45 and got my divorce.I then took an assessment of what I want out of the rest of this life.

Frédérique
03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
there was a point when I was much younger when I actually thought I would "outgrow" my love for feminine attire. I've found in my case, it wasn't true! I bet theres a lot of us who believed it, did you?

When I first began to dress, I didn’t know quite what to think. I mean, it felt so GOOD to be wearing the “wrong” clothes that I wanted to do it all the time, even though I couldn’t. This constriction actually helped, and I adopted it to deflect this “going through a phase” idea. I knew that my crossdressing took a long time to emerge, so it wasn’t capricious in the least...

Based on how it began, and continued to flourish, I always delay pleasure as much as possible to heighten the ACT of crossdressing – this constant postponement keeps things exciting, and I have managed to maintain a healthy consistency with my dressing. Looking back, the urge to dress can wax and wane, according to life commitments and/or levels of enthusiasm, but I know it WILL return, like a gentle, undulating wave. I know I will never experience a phaseout...
:straightface: