PDA

View Full Version : Question? How will you answer?

Contessa
03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
This is only a question. I am not saying that anyone knows or how they found out. But before you answer I also am not trying to influence your answer. Here are your answers.
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know.
D. What does that mean?

Figure if someone you know just ask you one day "Are you TG?".

Tess

Krististeph
03-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Let "X"= me
Let "X"= tg
X=X, Therefore.... wait for it.....

"a"

-kristi <feeling cheeky>

candicd
03-15-2012, 02:13 AM
B. No.

I'm a transvestite. OOOHHH. this is going to be a good discussion. :)

-Candi

Cindy_Act
03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
B. But happy to tell them I am a Crossdresser...or if you please..a Transvestite.

Vickie_CDTV
03-15-2012, 03:30 AM
B, no, I am a transvestite.
Well, if I felt safe telling that person about myself, that is what I would say.

If it was someone who I felt could use the information to discredit or hurt me, I'd say D and deny everything.

Joanne f
03-15-2012, 04:45 AM
A ,YES as i have know problem with answering them :)

( Whoops now i have gone and told someone) :eek:

NitaCD
03-15-2012, 04:52 AM
If a friend asked the question "are you TG?" my first response would be "why do you ask?". If I felt they needed to know anything more I would tell them that I am a crossdresser. That is all they need to know--anything else is personal.

noeleena
03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Hi.

a few knew i was different going back to the 60's & again i told people i was / am a woman nothing about my self is hidden pretty much all there is to know about my self is a open book.

More so when youv been on T V & in the media, nation wide, & when i have been asked what am i male or female its im a intersexed woman. for children its a little different so ether way ,
was a boy now a girl or im just both or all mixed up. yet a girl.
& when i have Dejarn our Grandkid, one of 9.with me age 9 she answers for me as well , so it can be a lot of fun ,

...noeleena...

Jill Devine
03-15-2012, 06:26 AM
I'd clarify if the other person knows the difference between TG TS CD.
I do see myself as TG but not TS.

AmberDay
03-15-2012, 06:42 AM
TG = A!

I am definitely transgendered, would transition if I didn't have kids or wasn't married.

Karren H
03-15-2012, 06:51 AM
C.1 - Don't know. Don't care.....

kimdl93
03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
If someone asks, the answer is Yes.

LeaP
03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
One should be sure that the questioner means "transgender" and not, say, "Tres Grande," as in "Do you feel that you are too fat! So it's ALWAYS appropriate to ask what they mean!

Should they mean transgender, I have a long and nuanced answer, as I've anticipated this for a long time. It's along the lines of "Imagine what the consequences of answering such a question might be, should I be transgender." There is more, but you get the gist.

No-one will ever know what I am until, and if, I have a good reason to tell them. It won't be to satisfy curiosity.

Lea

Stephenie S
03-15-2012, 07:42 AM
"What do you mean by that?" is always a good answer.

Or, "Why are you asking that?", works too.

In reality, this is NOBODY'S business and is a terribly impolite question, so it you're asked, please feel free to be impolite right back.

BRANDYJ
03-15-2012, 07:53 AM
If a friend asked the question "are you TG?" my first response would be "why do you ask?". If I felt they needed to know anything more I would tell them that I am a crossdresser. That is all they need to know--anything else is personal.

Good answer. I would ask them why they are asking too.

I'd clarify if the other person knows the difference between TG TS CD.
I do see myself as TG but not TS.

Not sure we all agree on what a TG is. TG is an umbrella term that covers anyone that is CD, TV, TS. So many use the term to mean only TS.

"What do you mean by that?" is always a good answer.

Or, "Why are you asking that?", works too.

I agree. It also depends on how close that friend is.

JessHaust
03-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes.

But I'm in the camp that applies Transgender to 'Just CrossDressers', to me it applies to anyone who expresses a gender other than the one they were born with, even if we still like both.

Wonderwho
03-15-2012, 08:07 AM
C.1 - Don't know. Don't care.....

Does it really matter as long as your happy and don't hurt the people you love?

Annie D
03-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I thought that TG stood for transgender and that it was a general term for all persons who did not neatly fit into whatever the norm for human behavior happened to be at the time. Like the terms human being, race, type of religions; there are all types and variations to each of those terms.

Transgender, I thought, meant one could be gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transvestite, crossdresser, gender queer, genetically altered and many more labels that I cannot think of at the moment.

I am one or more of the above.

Ressie
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
E. - Why would you ask that?

Carol A
03-15-2012, 08:40 AM
I guess my first responce would be "WHAT", if ask the second time depending on the person I would say "yes I enjoy dressing like a women".

Barbara Ella
03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
WOuld give them an i dont know, and then tell then TG was way too all encompassing for a question like this, and who cares

Babes

Marcyme
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
My answer would be yes. I fall on the tg spectrum somewhere....

Contessa
03-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I hoped the question would just spark some thought on your part. No one has/had to answer at all. It had nothing what so ever to do with people caring. I was not trying to spark fear. The purpose was to see how strong you are in your feelings of being TG. I am pretty sure of who I am now. I feel as a whole person, more so than before I figured this out. Dressing is not a problem it is the solution to my problem. And I don't care who knows. Only most people don't ask. Seems they would rather not try to find out or make up a decision on their own of their own choosing. Not saying I am an open book but I feel better health wise to not have this bottled up inside. Being an honest person and having secrets tends to hurt trying desperately to keep them. I have no more secrets?

Tess

Tracy
03-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I would ask them if they know what that truly means. Ask what makes them ask that and go from there. There are some people I would respond yes and others I would be very cautious with my reply.

Julia_in_Pa
03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
The word transgendered encompasses everything from transsexualism, medically intersexed, fetishist's, cross dressing, pan sexuality, etc.
The first two on the list are to be segregated as medical conditions thus having their own separate classification for each one.
If someone asked me if I was transgendered I would be hard pressed to not attempt to educate them as to why the term transgender means nothing to certain groups and if anything is an insult.

Julia

Nikki A.
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I guess it all depends who it is asking. TG is an umbrella term which covers the whole spectrum. As such, as a CD yes I am TG. If it is someone that I would want to be open to I would say yes. To someone else I may why they are asking. There is no way I would say D
Of course if I'm all dressed up I guess the question is moot

Dulcinea
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
No, I am a XD or TV.

docrobbysherry
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
F. I don't feel like one. Do I LOOK like one?

Leanne2
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
What Nita said. But I tell my mirror that I am a transgender woman. Leanne

NV Susan
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Why.........are you?

Jorja
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I had this very question asked of me in my earlier days before transition. Initially my answer was mostly for shock value :devil: (hey, thats just how I rolled) it was the honest truth. Yes, aren't you?

whowhatwhen
03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
The next time someone asks I'll go with C, which shouldn't be too long since I seem to be prodded on it once a month.

Foxglove
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd probably give my standard cute reply, "Nope, I'm a Sagittarius."

Actually, it matters a great deal who's asking and in what circumstances. If it's some Nosy Parker that I don't know or like, I'd give the above answer. But if it was somebody I knew and trusted and who had good reason to be asking, I'd tell them the truth. I'm not out to anybody right now (except to the good people on this forum), but I know some I could see myself coming out to.

Best wishes, Annabelle

sandra-leigh
03-15-2012, 12:02 PM
For me it would depend who asked and the tone they asked.

A stranger (or vague acquaintance), asking politely: I'd probably say Yes.

Some of the people at work, I feel comfortable enough to answer Yes to. For example the GG's that have told me, "Cute jacket!" or "I have exactly the same kind of shoes!". But certainly not everyone. I still don't know how I would answer my boss of 25+ years, for example. And the guy in the elevator a few weeks ago who said plainly, "I wonder what's in there?" looking directly at my large cloth purse: just plain rude.

BillieJoEllen
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm with Dee3. Why would you ask that?

thechic
03-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes im a transexual woman,this would be answer........

Missy
03-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I would have to say ( B )

Jordan
03-15-2012, 12:54 PM
I would have to say yes like someone else said if I wasnt married I would really consider Transforming

Rianna Humble
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
My answer would be an unequivocal Yes (option a)

Most people wouldn't need to ask since it was splashed all over the papers (both local and national) then went viral on the web

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F. I don't feel like one.

I don't think the question was "would you like to eat a TG?" :heehee:

S. Lisa Smith
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
It would depend on the person asking. I am a crossdresser and I consider myself transgendered.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
My answer would be A. What's funny is I get the male bonding jokes of being a woman or girl based upon certain behaviors that accidentally come out of me. At this point I no longer even try denying them anymore.

Lorenqt
03-15-2012, 01:36 PM
I used to answer "no". Butt after thinking a lot on the subject, I have to say "I don't know".

Joanne108
03-15-2012, 01:42 PM
No, I am a man that likes to dress and look like a woman.

ronda
03-15-2012, 02:29 PM
to some i would say yes to others i would say what does that have to do with the price of tea in china

Lorileah
03-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, are you? Defining the labels may be the first step though. TG does not equal TS. TG includes being a TS but often lay people (and many even here) tend to use the TG label as interchangeable with TS. Others may find the use of the label TV as an insult. So saying you are a transvestite can conjure images of a) Frankenfurter on RHPS, b) the guy who hangs around in a bad dress prancing to ballet music or c) a sexual deviant depending on who you talk to.

So I think the proper answer is "why do you ask?" and followed by "what do you know about transgenderism?" You need a common perspective. However I don't lie about it or hide it no matter what.

Jenny Doolittle
03-15-2012, 02:57 PM
The answer, Yes, I have a fem side to my personality

Miriam-J
03-15-2012, 03:00 PM
D.

I have yet to see a clear, well accepted definition so I can't possibly answer the question any other way. The vocabulary in this whole area is all over the place so we see frequent disagreements about it. That's in part why so many of us dislike the labels.

Miriam

RenneB
03-15-2012, 03:14 PM
As with others it depends on who is asking the question. It's kind of like the reporter who asks the question "have you stopped beating your wife". If you say no, you're screwed, if you say yes they report that soinso has stopped beating their wife. The only way to answer the beating question is to say "sure, just as soon as you do".

So back to the question. My answer would be "I have not been diagnosed with any certainty as to the nature of the true status that I find myself in at the present time but if you give me a minute, I'll ponder the question and get back to you".

If you're asking me the question, I say, "yep".

Thanks for the thread....

Renne.....

Frédérique
03-15-2012, 04:14 PM
Here are your answers.
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know.
D. What does that mean?
Figure if someone you know just asked you one day "Are you TG?"

Here are your questions:
A. Are you a deviant?
B. Are you a pervert? (with a twist, perhaps)
C. What am I supposed to think?
D. I’m engaged in Alternative Wardrobe Explorations!

How about someone asking this question – “You’re kidding – you’re NOT TG?” :eek:

drushin703
03-15-2012, 06:25 PM
If my mother asked the answer is b. (emphatically) NO! If my sister asked the answer would be a. yes. If my dad would have asked the answer would have
been c. I dont know. But if Rick Santorum or the mighty Rush l. would ask,my asnwer would be evasive as to not excite a riot, all of the above....dana

Pinky188
03-15-2012, 06:42 PM
A. For sure! I would rather be a girl!

Stephanie-L
03-15-2012, 11:51 PM
For me, in the last year or so the answer has changed. It used to be A only to myself and very trusted friends, and B to everyone else. Now, though I do not advertise it, if anyone were to ask, politely of course, the answer would be A. I have decided that I need to stop lying to myself and others about the truth that is becoming more evident by the day..............Stephanie

KellyJameson
03-15-2012, 11:58 PM
When people ask me if I'm TG I say No, I'm a woman who wanted to know what it would be like to live inside a man's body.

Jacqueline Winona
03-16-2012, 12:05 AM
If someone asked, i would have to assume they know me well enough to respect the truth- the answer would be yes. And then a request to res[ect my privacy about it.

DianeDeBris
03-16-2012, 12:29 AM
If I were feeling especially daring I'd wish to say, (A), "Yes, absolutely; can you tell the Testosterone injections are kicking in?"

Realistically, however, Lorileah's answer: "why do you ask?" and followed by "what do you know about transgenderism?" You need a common perspective. However I don't lie about it or hide it no matter what" is probably the wisest and best course.

Hugs -- Diane

jaye_cd
03-16-2012, 02:01 AM
I was asked that once about 15 years ago. Me and a few friends were out for drinks, and there were some guys at another table near us. One of them kept staring me down and I tried to pay him no attention. Eventually he came over and popped the question. I stared at him with a puzzled look on my face for a second, then blurted out "Well, I hadn't actually thought of it, until now! You simply must tell me the name of your doctor!" I thought for sure I was going to get my @$$ kicked, but his friends started heckling him too and they all took off.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
03-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Here are your answers.
A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know.
D. What does that mean?
Figure if someone you know just asked you one day "Are you TG?"

Here are your questions:
A. Are you a deviant?
B. Are you a pervert? (with a twist, perhaps)
C. What am I supposed to think?
D. I’m engaged in Alternative Wardrobe Explorations!

How about someone asking this question – “You’re kidding – you’re NOT TG?” :eek:

I love your questions, for the answers given, Frederique. I especially like the expression "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations".

PretzelGirl
03-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Generally I think I would answer A most of the time for two reasons. One is that I have always said if anyone ever pegged me, I wouldn't lie to them. You just start digging holes you can't get out of. The other reason is that outside of the possibility of a rude person, only people who I am likely to say yes will even ask. And I would suspect that a good percentage of the rude type of people don't even know the word transgender.

And I agree with the many that after saying yes, you then have to be sure you are talking about the same thing.

sometimes_miss
03-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Been there; the answer? 'I used to think I was'. Took a lot of explaining but fortunately the person who asked was smart enough to understand all the psycho-babble it took to explain it.

Claire Cook
03-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I agree with Julia and Nikki that TG is a large umbrella term. I don't consider myself TS, but if someone should ask me if I'm TG, I'll say yes -- just like I have told some of my friends.

suchacutie
03-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Questions like this are fascinating to me, but not as the originator intended.

Do you always answer the telephone when it signals? Do you answer someone if they asked you if you had sex the previous night, or if you have a shoe fetish, or anything else that is completely personal. People who ask personal questions are simply being nosy gossips and are more than not rewarded for their rudeness by an answer!

My usual answer to personal questions, whatever they are, is to deflect it by asking why they would expect an answer to such a personal question, and then to move on.

I do understand that the original post really wanted to know how open we might be to a direct question such as this in terms of making public our transgenderism. Honestly, some of the population is not pleased with one being transgendered, and I would be cautious about this knowledge as much as I am about anything personal, even, for example, the time I would be attending a funeral. My next-door neighbor's house was ransacked when he was at his wife's funeral. Personal information needs a bit of guarding often.

tina

jillleanne
03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
........E. Dah!!!.............

Audreyanne
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
I'd answer B and wonder what caused them to ask.

Pinky188
03-18-2012, 08:26 PM
I think I have to change mine from A to C. Sorry!

Sallee
03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I would answer YES I am a tg crossdresser. then I woulds ask why are they asking

Sarah V
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
i would reply without skipping a beat "D."

Rita C.
03-25-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm not hiding any more, so yes I'm transgendered and proud to feel both sides of gender