PDA

View Full Version : rocky horror !

Tracy - new dresser
03-15-2012, 09:02 AM
My local cinema is having a special screening and have best dressed awards :o so would like to go but im not quite there lol

So any of you been to these sort of screenings ?

Karren H
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Both my kids have gone and had a blast! Go for it!

jaglover
03-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I always worry about getting involved with these things because I think people are going to notice I've gone to a bit too much trouble compared to everyone else.

sherri
03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
RH screenings are a blast, and I can't think of a better venue for an outing, whether you're a newbie or an old pro. Just remember, when selecting your outfit, think outrageous. In character is good too. And don't forget the props.

YorkshireRose
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I went to see it and went in jeans. On reflection I wish I had the confidence I am now begining to develop to go en femme.

Alice B
03-15-2012, 10:38 AM
I recently went to a live Rockey show, Went dressed and had a blast. Go for it as dresing and particpating is expected.

docrobbysherry
03-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Think of it as just another Halloween! With some costume limitations! But remember, u MAY be waiting in a line under brite lites for awhile until u get into the darkened theater!

Beth Wilde
03-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Been to lots of them now (any excuse!). As long as you stick broadly to the costumes in the show, there will be no issues. Everybody else dresses and has a laugh, it's the best thing to do. Last time I went to one of them, there were 5 people in Jeans and about 495 in costumes. Guess which stood out more?

Beverley Sims
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Don't forget to take popcorn to throw at the screen.

Leelou
03-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I would love to go as Janet in her pink dress outfit. Or Magenta in her maid outfit. There will be lots of guys as Dr. Frank-n-Furter, but not as many dressed as some of the female roles so that might be an edge for prizes. If nothing else, it would be a ton of fun.

And come to think of it, what a great excuse to go shopping!

Pinky188
03-15-2012, 06:57 PM
You better go to that girl!! You will have SOOOO Much Fun!!! And you'll meet some cool people as well!!! Do it!

Just watch the movie a few times so you can remember the lines! You don't want to be made as a "virgin"! And don't sit in the back! Sit up front!!!! And have fun!!!

STACY B
03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
LETS --DO--THE--TIME--WORP---TODAYYYYYYY Dont worry about a thing EVERYBODYS dressed up there an its almost always at midnight ,, Went when I was younger ,, An that was back in the 70s an it freaked me out ,,, All you older chix know back then it was a no,,no,, an they still had alot of people there . I would go in a heartbeat if they had it down here its a FREEBEE !!! :D:D:D SO GO AN DRESS UP YULL BE SORRY IF YA DONT !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Stephenie S
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah. This show is older than dirt. Back in the last century we had a great time of it. Now, in this age of safety and political correctness, it's not so much fun. They have taken the edge off it.

But it can still be a blast. It's interactive. Rent the movie. See it several times so you get the idea. Costumes may be hard to come by, but if you put in a little effort you should be able to come up with something. Go and have fun.

Stephie

rachael j.
03-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Been There, Done That, Got the soundtrack! No really, I have the soundtrack album. Love the tunes. I think I'd rather go as Columbia! Love her dance number! Definitely go dressed! Even if it's not as cast member. It's expected! And sit up front, get with the spirit nd have fun!

barbie lanai
03-16-2012, 06:26 AM
I was so buried in the closet in '75 that I didn't even see the movie until it came out on VHS years later.

Stephenie S
03-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah. Purple is right. You'll have fun.

S