PDA

View Full Version : Eclipsed

Foxglove
03-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Some say that I am a freak, that my nature is contrary to Nature. Not true: there are things in this world that, though rare, are perfectly natural and predictable with mathematical certainty.

Solar and lunar eclipses were understood and accurately predicted in antiquity—though the superstitious lot would clash their pots and pans and bewail the wrath of the gods until the light returned. So they behave towards my present affliction: progress in human affairs is often slow.

Should I complain if others are slow? I look back and marvel at all the years when I eclipsed myself. It was a long period of darkness. Perhaps my time has come to shine again?

Then shine on, girl, shine on! Who knows what other shadows remain to be illuminated?

Best wishes, Annabelle

kimdl93
03-16-2012, 10:30 AM
So, like the sun emerging from behind the moon, you're light is shining through!

Marleena
03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I agree.. you are a shining star Annabelle.:) Don't ever let anybody take that away from you. We are who we are and need to learn to shine despite all the cloudiness around us.

sissystephanie
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Annabelle and Kim, you 2 ladies should get together and write poetry!!

LeaP
03-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Terrific metaphor, Annabelle. I particularly like the concept of self-eclipse.

Lea

Foxglove
03-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks, girls. But Marleena, to be honest, I don't often feel like a shining star. I'm trying to shine through these days, but as you say, there's a lot of cloudiness there. (Or maybe it's a fog, though this one isn't pink.) But it is a fact that most of the work I need to do is within. It has little or nothing to do with the rest of the world. But when ladies like all of you lend me your light, it does help to guide me.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Foxglove
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
"I'm transgender."
"Have you tried banging pots and pans together until it goes away?"

"Yeah, Doc. But the wife says, 'If you've got to be such a sissy, you might as well cook something in the d-- things!'"

Marleena
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I have this image in my head of the new TG therapy.:)

"I'm transgender."
"Have you tried banging pots and pans together until it goes away?"

Now you've done it Scarlet..I see the witch doctor dancing around holding some God awful potion we'll have to drink, and the oldies "Witch Doctor" song going through my head! Not to mention the "The Excorsist" scene where her head turns completely around.:eek:

Foxglove
03-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Great! I left the Baptists as quickly as I could, and now I'm being thrown in with the Hare Krishnas. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. And now we're back to pots and pans again. Maybe it's time I should eclipse myself.

Annabelle

Frédérique
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Some say that I am a freak, that my nature is contrary to Nature. Not true: there are things in this world that, though rare, are perfectly natural and predictable with mathematical certainty.
Solar and lunar eclipses were understood and accurately predicted in antiquity—though the superstitious lot would clash their pots and pans and bewail the wrath of the gods until the light returned. So they behave towards my present affliction: progress in human affairs is often slow.
Should I complain if others are slow? I look back and marvel at all the years when I eclipsed myself. It was a long period of darkness. Perhaps my time has come to shine again?
Then shine on, girl, shine on! Who knows what other shadows remain to be illuminated?

I often imagine living on a planet that has a plethora of moons – would eclipses (not to mention tides, phases, et al) be so commonplace that superstition (regarding them) would never arise? Carrying on from that thought, if superstitions were rare, would censure towards crossdressing ever gain momentum? A societal structure based on scientific knowledge would surely inform the public that gender-bending activities like crossdressing are inevitable, given the inherent closeness of the genders and the attraction of pleasure (or expression), so crossdressing could flourish unhindered...

As far as shadows are concerned, I love them, in fact I live in a shadowy world of my own making. I can honestly say I’ve never eclipsed myself, i.e. cast a shadow over my own hard-won accomplishments as a CD. Since shadows require a light source, I step into the light and define my own form – Freddy has a lot of chiaroscuro (you can look it up), albeit with soft edges, gentle curves, and whispers of color. I cast a long shadow by choice, for the light is low (yet strong) in this unexpected clearing in my forest of dreams...

Come on over, and I’ll shine some light on a hidden truth for you...:battingeyelashes:

Foxglove
03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Ah, Freddy, you're more optimistic than I am. If you were living on a planet with a plethora of moons, you wouldn't be living on Earth, so you wouldn't be dealing with humans. If they're not prone to superstition, then they're a blessed race. But they're not us. We've been evolving for 4-6 million years, depending on which expert you're talking to, and we still have a ways to go. Superstition is still with us, as are purely emotional reactions in which thought and reason play no part. We are making progress bit by bit, there's no doubt of that. We'll keep going forward, I hope. And some day we will get to the point when we can accept that things are what they are. Regardless of our emotional reaction to them, they are what they are.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Kat42
03-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Not to hi-jack the thread, there will be a solar eclipse on May 20th and will be visible from the western USA.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/SEgoogle2001/SE2012May20Agoogle.html