PDA

View Full Version : Goose Bumps

Sophia Rearen
11-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi girls,
Last week I had my legs, arms, feet, hands and butt (including bikini) waxed. I was wearing shorts about 3-5days following. My problem is everytime my legs got the slightest bit cold I got goose bumps. While this isn't a rare occurance for me because I have very sensative skin, the problem was these hurt! It is truly amazing how warm a coat of hair keeps you. I notice the difference every winter. But, I digress, I'd say I'm moderately hairy and I believe the hairs were growing back that fast, just some micro sized stubble. My biggest problem area was the upper legs. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem. It seems to have subsided now that I'm on the 7th day post wax. Of course, I love the feel of the skin, but I may have to do something else next time or, gulp, let my hair regrow:eek:

TGMarla
11-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Yes, any time I have been able to shave my legs, I feel they get cold a lot easier. But what can you do, besides wear hose? There's no magic pill for goose bumps. They happen because you're cold. I, too, was amazed at the difference that even sparse hair can make. Let's face it, even thick leg hair is not anywhere close to as thick as facial or head hair. As your legs get more used to not having hair, they'll react to the cold less than they do now.

MandyTS
11-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Same here... I get goose bumps at the drop of a hat... does not bother me much though... unless they happen when I am trying to shave and that is a problem...

Kim E
11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Sophia ~
When cold weather starts, I wear panty hose under my jeans and slacks. You'd be surprised how much warmer your legs are.

Kim

Kate
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I know just what you mean! I find it is not just about the cold though - I get a sort of run-away reaction where a little bit of goose-bumps makes my legs all tingly and then they go totally!

Compared to goose-bumps when I had normal/long hair though it is sort-of painful! I guess all those short hairs jab into the skin a bit or something.... I have noticed though that shaving seemed to be a lot worse - I now epilate, but still get it to some extent.

To be honest though I find my leg hair pretty annoying regardless - time to call in the "lay-zer" and nuke 'em methinks ;)

Kate.

MarieTS
11-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Sophia-- Try using Jergen's Shave Minimizing Moisturizer. It's done wonders for slowing down hair regrowth on me.

DawnRodgers
11-04-2005, 02:20 AM
I have never had the problem with goosebumps vut I can say that the longer you wax or epilate the problem of fast and prickly regrowth may go away - at least it has with me. I have epilated for years and now the hair regrowth is sparser and lighter. In fact now shaving is usually sufficient. The hair is nowhere near a stubbly, infact the regrowth is now smoother than my wifes, after shaving. Be patient, keep waxing and it will get better. Have others noticed the same effect? I can now get by with shaving once a week.
Dawn

letsdance GG
11-04-2005, 02:35 AM
My poor legs get goose bumps no matter what time of year it is.

I put baby oil on them when it's really cold so that when I do shave, they don't hurt. I have shaved my share of goosebumps and that HURTS! I also keep my bathroom really hot with a small heater,shower doors open to let it in. That might help to.

The lotion that slows down the growth works great as I tend to grow faster in the winter than in summer.(go figure)

Sophia Rearen
11-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks Girls,
Alot of great info and suggestions. I appreciate them all. I'm going to try to see my waxing technician today. Maybe she'll help me understand. The place I go to is a high end spa. They use the best materials for the job. Another problem I have is my skin, especially, my back breaks out. It can almost be like a hive. Keep the info coming girls. I really need to figure this out. Help!

Letsdance; do you use the baby oil daily or just pre-shave?
Dawn; you're a lucky girl, thanx for the encouragement
Marie; I started using Jergens last week, lets see how it works in 4 weeks, I like it though, nice feel and smell
Kate; lasers are the way to go. I'm considering that for other body parts for now. I'm not sure if I can get away with hairless legs year round. I'm pretty sure I'm doing my face, butt, upper thighs, bikini area and my arms and about 60% reduction to chest and abs.
Kim; I too wear stockings and hose when I can. Not all the time. It was close to 70 degrees when these chills were effecting me.
My58vw; are'nt you on hrt? I wonder if hormones would help reduce?
Marla; your probably right, my body needs to adjust. That's probably why letsdance grows more hair in the winter. Her body is requiring more hair for additional warmth.

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
Thanx all,

Wendy me
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
cold or hairy??? hairy and warm???? what a choise ......well give a little cold over hairy any day............

robinLynn
11-04-2005, 04:45 PM
either go with nylons or tights under your jeans and u should be alrighrt. I think that the goose bumps happens to all of us. but i have found out that the more u keep waxing or shaving your body will get used to it and you wont notice the cold as much

Andrea's Lynne
11-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I have the same problem too. It is soooo frustrating to finish a nice smooth shave and immediately either get goose bumps or have a fit of sneezes.

Bam! Leg stubble right away:mad:

Lynne

Rachel Morley
11-04-2005, 10:08 PM
I agree - removing leg hair does make you colder. I'll tell you something else that happened to me when I first started shaving my legs, and that was when I got out of the shower I found I deposited less water on the floor. I mean to say that my wet foot marks seem to hardly be there at all. I put this down to the fact that the water wasn't collecting in my leg hair and was running off my body more. Does this make sense? Has this happened to you? or is just me being silly.

JennMW
11-05-2005, 12:43 AM
That makes perfect sense to me Angel! When I have hair on my legs, I have to run my hands down my legs after a shower to squeegee the water off so that the towel has a chance to get me dry. The first time my SO saw me do that she burst out laughing! :cheeky:

Now I just run my hands down my legs to be sure they are smooth. :)