PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

ZosKiaCultusC7
03-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I haven't really been active on the forums due to work and other time-consuming activities but I wanted to share.

Yesterday, I finally had my first appointment with my endocrinologist. Needless to say, I was nervous as hell and the nurse noticed this when she took my heart rate. I met with the doctor and he actually has treated many MtF patients, even fellow Boeing employees. He started with asking questions and eventually gave me a physical examination. Afterward, we started talking again but in the back of my mind, I thought that I was going to walk out of there without a prescription. He gave me paperwork to take into the hospital for blood work and gave me two prescription slips: Estradiol and Spironolactone. I will be meeting with him in three months to evaluate everything and change medication as necessary.

So, after he lectured me on quitting smoking (which I am doing after this pack), I got my blood drawn and went straight to RiteAid to get my prescriptions, which came out to be a mere $7.53. As soon as I got home, I took the Spiro and the Estradiol. Almost immediately, I felt a change but I highly doubt it was because of the medication but rather due to actually beginning the process. Today, I do feel slightly lightheaded (side effect of Spiro) but this could be caused by other factors. Although, my blood pressure is 110/80 and I know Spiro is a medication used for lowering blood pressure. This makes me wonder if I shouldn't go for a run....

I will say though that I haven't had any spontaneous erections today, even upon waking up. These actually occurred quite frequently on a day-to-day basis. However, I can't rule out the possibility that this is psychosomatic because I've only been on my new routine for a day.

Even though the likelihood of already having mental changes is < 1%, I already feel more at peace with myself. I was very nervous/scared before popping the pills but once I did, I couldn't stop laughing with joy. :D

AllieSF
03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Congratulations on your prescription and I hope all works out for the best. One thing you might want to do is delete the medicine dosages above in your original post. I don't think that the forum rules allow you to be that specific when talking about medications. Enjoy and keep on reporting back. A lot of us do like to follow other's progress.

ZosKiaCultusC7
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Congratulations on your prescription and I hope all works out for the best. One thing you might want to do is delete the medicine dosages above in your original post. I don't think that the forum rules allow you to be that specific when talking about medications. Enjoy and keep on reporting back. A lot of us do like to follow other's progress.

Thanks and thanks! I actually didn't consider the reason why listing my dosages would be considered a bad idea. The joys of multitasking.

Julia_in_Pa
03-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hi!

A huge congrat's on your prescription.
Just be sure that you stick to your statement that that was your last pack of cigarettes and you'll be fine. :)

Julia

cindi cinnamon
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Ditto..... what Julia said.

Your BIGGEST concern right now (IMHO), is quitting smoking.

Best of luck with everything.

RenneB
03-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Can't give you much advice on the 'mones but will say that you'll remember the day and time when you quit the vids. Best thing I ever did. Smoked for 10 + years and gave it up cold. Oh, I still love the smell and the whole thing with having fire and unwrapping but I want to outlive most of my peers and quitting was the only way to do that....

Hope all else works out for ya girl...

Renne....

morgan51
03-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Congrats on quitting the cigs. that was the most difficult thing for me Been 9 years and I still like the smell and feeling they gave me. Never duplicated that first rush not in 30 years.The hormones made me feel calm and satisfied with my self. Wouldn't care to live otherwise today. life without them is torturous. Ive tried it both ways. Good luck to you! Morgan

ZosKiaCultusC7
03-17-2012, 12:44 AM
For those of you who have quit smoking, does it get easier with time?

Peta_T
03-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Firstly congratulations on getting over that first hurdle.

Now as for quiting smoking, I would NOT suggest that you use the method that my cousin did.
Mind you it is absolutely guaranteed to work, but .....

What he did was get his wife to kick him in the balls when ever she saw him, or smelt him, with a smoke.

Ended up getting kick 8-10 times but now just the thought makes him cross his legs. :D

Like I said, not the method for the faint hearted.

Cheers
Peta