PDA

View Full Version : What changed when you crossed the barrier?

suchacutie
03-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok, so the title was meant to make you all curious and I hope it did.

The barrier I'm interested in is that change from being en femme for a short period of time (often in one outfit you wanted to wear) to being en femme for more than a day!

Suddenly there are so many different issues to address such as how often to shave (if there is still hair to shave), what to wear and what to change into, what to wear to bed (forms or no?), how often to freshen or change makeup, and the list goes on.

For those who have not yet had the ability to dress for a day or two at least, there is another world out there, and I hope we can share our trials and successes of "crossing that barrier"

So, please share some of the important changes that you saw when you could suddenly be en femme for more than a few hours!

I'll start, and this came to mind because I'm doing it right now. If I'm going be able to have my nails colored for a few days, I make sure I have a base, two coats of color, and a really tough top coat to keep the nails from chipping! I also do my nails in the evening so they have all night to harden fully!

What issues have you encountered?

Tina

AllieSF
03-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I have really only had that opportunity once a year ago November when I flew to Las Vegas en femme and spent the next 3 days that way. First, as you mentioned, the shaving made my face very tender because I was close shaving twice a day. I am remedying that issue by doing electrolysis on my face and neck. I also had to plan well in advance for the travel outfit, the first night out outfit, the next day daytime clothes, then the big night out for dinner and a dance club and then back to the traveling clothes. It really wasn't that many clothes, but all the prep work to make sure I had the correct purses, belts, shoes, jewelry and jackets took a lot of time before ever leaving home. I did pretty well with only having one extra outfit that I did not need. I also learned that it was a good idea to create outfits and then hang them in the closet that way for those last minute opportunities to go out. I also did well with the shoe selection and had no problem spending most of the day on my feet walking around shopping and just visiting some of the different venues in Vegas. When I got home I was more than sated in my need to dress and go out for a week or two. It was actually pleasant to not have to worry about shaving and picking out the best outfit and accessories.

But the real result for me was, that I really want to do that again!

Vickie_CDTV
03-16-2012, 10:53 PM
When my beard was at its worst, the biggest obstacle was having to shave my face every day, and then having to cover the shadow with heavy thick makeup. It limited my dressing to about 8 hours at a time.

PretzelGirl
03-16-2012, 11:04 PM
I agree with all the beard stuff. Last year at DLV, I pretty much shaved twice a day. Used lots of moisturizer to get through it. But the biggest thing I learned was shoe selection! Wearing some of these heels for a few hours at home is one thing. Walking around all day in them is another.

ArleneRaquel
03-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Since I went 24/7 I shave at least twice a day.

suchacutie
03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
The big change for me is happening as I write. When transforming to Tina meant having 4 or 5 hours en femme there was a focus...a beginning and an end. But when the transformation is to last for days there still has to be a momentary "refresh" cycle. That change from an "ending" to a "refresh" is the barrier that I mentioned at the top.

We've had, recently, a lot of threads about labels, about who we are, and about what they all mean. To me, the change between ending a time en femme, and refreshing to continue en femme, is a fundamental change in who we are....certainly who I am.

Tina (currently under refresh)

Cheryl T
03-17-2012, 12:31 PM
My opportunity came last October as my wife and I took a "girls only" vacation.
What changed for me from the "daily" dressing to being me for a week was BEING ME FOR A WEEK! I didn't have to put that part of me away at all. There was no changing back. There was only, oh, that was a fun day to slipping into my nightgown and watching tv. Then removing my makeup, moisturizing, selecting the next days outfit and getting a good night's rest. Then it was waking up at 7, shower/shave and begin to dress while she showers....then makeup, hair and "where are we going today?".
I loved not living the double life that week. I loved just being me and going EVERYWHERE...
We went to a National Park, to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory, to a marble museum, to Freeport Maine and shopping. We ate in nice restaurants, McDonalds, chinese buffets. We stayed in Holiday Inn's and roadside motels.
It was just as natural as it could get and it was wonderful.

I think next will be a Dignity Cruise....we both love cruises and I think that would be the best of both world's.

carhill2mn
03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I am frequently able to be en femme for several days at a time. One big difference is in deciding what I am going to wear and with what accessories. As a man I rarely think about that if I am going to be at home.

I also like to keep my nails polished so I have to arrange my schedule to enable me to keep them polished as long as possible.
Keeping one's beard under control is also an issue.

However, the "reward" is worth the trouble!

Kate Simmons
03-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Basically it became more work since I'm a high maintenance woman :battingeyelashes:. You don't keep these looks by playing tiddley winks Hon.;):)

suchacutie
03-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all of your thoughts! Isn't it so true that having to generate a shaving schedule and worry and all that razor time on the face came out first.

Cheryl and Carol pointed out just how much of a reward it all is but it takes planning. The first thing I did this weekend was like Carol planning out my nail regimen. Then it's what to wear and when. My wardrobe is not ready for more than a few days so laundry comes into play as well. Kate sure summed it up by reminding us that suddenly the rewards that Cheryl listed come at a price, and that is much more work, as we sure are high-maintenance girls.

What surprises me every time is that I very much do not look forward to the first "refresh". Somehow that still is linked to going back to male mode and I seem to watch myself too much and it's just too much male intruding into Tina's time! After that it seems to smooth over and Tina has taken over.

The other thing that I've noticed is that each time Tina has an extended stay is that she becomes natural with more "not male" things. I noticed this time that the hair that is constantly getting into her eyes and mouth aren't bothering her (same hair, just no bother). Stroking it out of her way or tossing her head no longer is unnatural. I also notice her tending toward more casual clothes (you didn't hear that Karren!). This afternoon she has on a shelf-bra T (thin straps) and an open shirt over the top with flair jeans and her 4.5 inch boots. I was just amazed how casual she looks, noting again that evolution occurs faster when the time is in bigger blocks.

Fascinating, really!

tina

Frédérique
03-17-2012, 08:05 PM
What changed when you crossed the barrier? The barrier I'm interested in is that change from being en femme for a short period of time (often in one outfit you wanted to wear) to being en femme for more than a day!

The longer I’m dressed, the more I forget I was born a male, period… :)

I found it became more matter-of-fact, or a forgone conclusion, the more I dressed. I experienced this many years ago, and I reached a point where I felt VERY uncomfortable wearing drab clothes. I couldn’t go anywhere, or do anything, unless I bound myself up in my special femme gear and made even the most commonplace activities more special by dressing. Alas, it’s just not practical for me to be in this blessed state for too long, but I carve out blocks of time to dress for lengthy periods as often as I can. However, a little bit of CD’ing is better than the alternative, so I can change on the fly and be on “the other side” in no time. When I do dress for more than a day, I find myself wearing several different outfits, and I’m constantly fussing over my appearance. The “barrier” you refer to has been overcome, in fact I flanked my own masculinity some time ago…
:battingeyelashes:

suchacutie
03-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Ah, Frederique I knew you'd do something original...flanking action on the "barrier"! perfect!

tina

amielts
03-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I guess the biggest change is that there are a lot more daily hassles to deal with, that will temporarily reduce your enjoyment of going en femme, until you get used to it.

suchacutie
03-18-2012, 11:16 AM
This extended Tina time has made me remember so many things. One more is that after a couple of days it's pretty obvious which makeup you go back to again and again during the day. That little pile is just the stuff that needs to go into a purse when you leave the house! No guessing!

Tina

sherri
03-18-2012, 11:51 AM
The longer I’m dressed, the more I forget I was born a male, period… :)]Yeah, something like Frederique said. It becomes more natural with each passing day, like shedding the pretense.

kimdl93
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Interesting question. I think the big change for me was I developed a greater determination to look as feminine as possible. For example, when I just dressed for a few hours at a time, I didn't bother with make up or a wig. But once I started dressing full time, I immediately bought a good quality wig, really focused on getting my make up right, and soon had acquired a corset to improve my figure. Also, my wardrobe changed and expanded many more casual outfits that are suitable to wear at home or out in public.