PDA

View Full Version : Arm hair...

Kate
11-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi ladies :)

I have been waging something of a war against my body hair lately, but have been a bit stumped about what to do with my arms and thought that some of you might know what works!

Basically, I have modestly hairy forearms and don't want to have to wait for the hormones to have their effects (they might not do much afterall!). The trouble is, most women have sightly hairy forearms too, so something like shaving/epilating/lasering down to bare skin would probably look daft? Even if I left some hairs they would still make it look strange.

For now it is not a big issue, and I can always wear long sleeved things since it is winter, but I was just wondering what some of you do about arm hairs?

Kate.

kysmet
11-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I've heard of women that actually shave/wax/epilate their arms as well. It's not that unusual actually. The other thing I've heard of is bleaching the hair. I'm not sure of that one. But, there are women in this world that bleach the hair on their upper lip, so this may not be that strange.

Ericka Jean

Debbie Kong
11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
I shave mine. Women have hair on their arms but some also have hair on their faces. That doesn't stop me from shaving either place.

Debbie

Kaye_martin
11-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Just shave it all off, it'll only take a few minutes and when you've done this put on a short sleeved shirt and go for a walk, you'll feel great. You'll find that no one actualy bats an eyelid :) .

kaye_martin

Rachael Warren
11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi Kate, I have epilated mine and they don't look daft, in fact nobody has even noticed and I have been wearing a short sleeved shirt all week.

Rachael.

http://crossdresserclub.com/Gallery/albums/Bunny/armbefore.jpg
http://crossdresserclub.com/Gallery/albums/Bunny/armafter.jpg

Sharon
11-03-2005, 01:33 PM
I haven't much hair on my hands and arms, so it's relatively easy for me to shave them once a week.
There are also bleaches on the market (Sally Hansen is one brand), that will help hide hair, but I haven't tried them.

Emma Chase
11-03-2005, 02:33 PM
My ex GF used to shave here arms in the Summer, so it's not a big deal, the only thing is to keep on top of it or they get a stubbley :(

Emma

Deidra Cowen
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Shave or nair your arms!! I too put off doing it for some of the same reasons you did. From the minute I got the hair off I was shocked how how much better & femmy my arms looked.

KatieZ
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
I shave mine and have never had any comments about it. I don't think anyone ever notices arm hair or the lack thereof.

Hugs

Lauren_T
11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Same here. Never gotten a single funny look - let alone any comment - on my arms or my legs... and I wear shorts and short-sleeves all the time. :D

TxKimberly
11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I wax mine. Hurts, but it lasts and the hair is not so darn prickly when it grows back in. By the way, been doing it for the better part of a decade and never had anyone notice let alone comment.
Kim

jessbcuzz
11-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I save mine every couple of days.

Rachel Morley
11-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Hi Kate,

I shave the backs of my hands every now and then when they need it (including my fingers - hairy digits are for monkeys and gorillas :D ) but my forearm hair is trimmed with a beard trimmer. You know those haircuts that are designated a number 1 or a number 2 etc? well my forearms are a number 2 :D

robinLynn
11-03-2005, 10:55 PM
wax it hun it wont be a burdon to u u will feel better and theres thers the hair growth inhibitor cream too

Sherlyn
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Ive just shaved mine for the first time and its great ...however the prickly grow back needs ta be dealt with ..its annoying ... gonna try some lotions !!!

Vickie
11-04-2005, 01:16 AM
I shave mine, no one cares or even notices. If you have someone who says something, just say you got bored and wanted to do something different. Lots of guys shave their arms and other areas.

Vickie

HaleyPink2000
11-04-2005, 02:26 AM
I used Nair and it did leave infected red bumps at every hair it took off. It took me two months and a trip to the Doctor to get rid of the rash and infections. Like acne or infected hairs. The Doctor said shave them if you want but DON'T USE NAIR! That came from my skin Doctor. So since then I use one of those mini shavers with the hair attachment that runs on a single AAA battery. I got it from Walgreens for nose, ear and eye brow hair. It has an attachment to change the amount of hair it will cut, by the height of the hair. It was like $9 or so. Also I use the Shave gell on my arms sometimes to slow down the groth of the hair.

Haley:)

Haley:)

DawnRodgers
11-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I don't think there is any question that it would be better to shave the arm hair than to stay with it. Yes girls have light hair on their arms but it is significantly less noticeable than that of most men. Yes hormones may lighten it but until then I'm sure you haven;t seen many women with significantly hairy arms. Taking it all off looks decidedly more feminine and, frankly, nobody has called me on how my arms, legs, chest and underarms have no hair on them. I epilate, have for years and, if time is short I shave them now and they look smooth and feminine.
Dawn

Kate
11-04-2005, 04:24 AM
Thank you for your input, everyone :)

I think I'll try epilating them, and then after 6 months or so I can see whether the hormones have lessened them sufficiently. That will save me a fair whack on lasering them if the hormones do the trick!

I expect bleaching them is a good idea too - mine bleach really easily in the sun so it would probably be easy, and would hide the regrowth between painful-pluckings. :)

Kate.

Wenda
11-04-2005, 07:09 AM
I shave my chest, wax my legs and bleach my arms. If you are unsure about shaving your arms, bleach first. I used Sally Hansen. You dont need much, so check the instructions and mix proportionately.

Sophia Rearen
11-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Kate,
Last two years I shaved the arms and hands. I find shaving the arms harder than the legs. I'm more likely to knick myself, especially the fingers, as well. Last week I had them waxed. Possible lasering soon if $ permits. I've never been called on the lack of arm hair. I love the look. Feminine sure, but also thinner looking and clean. Hairy arms make me feel dirty. When I was washing my hands with hair I wish I could wash it all off. I'm much happier with it off, be it enhomme or especially enfemme. Good luck, Go for it!

Phoebe Reece
11-05-2005, 01:01 AM
I've been shaving the back of my hands daily for more than 30 years. My arms I go over with an electric hair trimmer with a 1/8" comb on it about once every couple of weeks. The hair on my arms is not very noticable when kept that short and I will wear short sleeve tops out enfeme in public all summer.

Olivia
11-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Like Phoebe, I use a hair trimmer set at about 1/8". That removes just enough hair for me and I usually need to redo it about every two weeks, so it's not much of a chore at all. Both arms only take a few minutes. I do shave the backs of my hands and fingers too. Later, Olivia

Kate
11-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Well I whipped off all the hair - thank gooness for Veet!! (hair removal mouse stuff) - and it has certainly made quite the difference, and as you all said is not too noticible apart from by anyone who knows what my arms would normally look like (but they mostly know I am transitioning anyway *shrugs*).

I think I'll try some of that hair lightening stuff too later on - good idea that!

*hugs*

Kate.

rachellegsep
11-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I shave backs of hands & fingers, No 2 hair trimmer on arms and then use with 2 part cream bleach (1 is activator)

Rachael Warren
12-03-2005, 05:44 PM
It's been a month plus since I epilated mine, not a single comment and I wear a short sleeved shirt to work daily.

I have also only had to "Touch up" a couple of times. :D

Rachael.

Lisa Maren
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm dying to shave of all of my body hair. There's only one place I'm worried about being noticed and that's at the pool at my brother's house during the summer when it's baking hot there. My family has never noticed my shaved hands, and I'm sure displaying shaved arms for just a minute or two would create no problems at all, but sitting right in front of them with my shaven arms showing for hours on end might eventually get them to notice. Alas, I hesitate.

I really don't like my body hair anymore -- it makes me feel dirty, as someone else was saying.

Eh. I'm thinking I might just say "f*** all" and do it anyway and accept the consequences like a mature woman! lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Kierci
12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
I guess I am fairly (no pun intended) lucky my arm hairs are short and basically transparent. My sudgestion to those who are afraid to shave the dark arm hairs is to bleach them. In ref to shaving for the brothers pool shave them a few days before so any/all the irritation is gone and if asked tell them you have not had any hair on your arms for years and dont know why. Good Luck to all.

Robyn2006
12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Lisa,
I keep my body completely shaved these days, all but my arms. And I SO HATE my arm hair!!!! Hate holding onto this last (well, almost the last...) respite of maleness!!! But my arms are only part of me that I can't hide and am really fearful of being called on it. I guess I've grown to draw a blind eye to it within the confines of my weekend gender jumps, it's just something that I try not to think of, but really think those who I work with, those really know me would notice. Really love to hear that so many here say that no one would, but... I'm not convinced. I would notice... eventually! Like you, I'm trying to pull-up the courage to be a mature woman and be myself, come what may. I mean, really, who's lives are we living here?

I've a two week vaction coming up over the holidays and am planning on spending most of it as my female self... I'm thinking now of going for it. A Christmas present to myself. What could be more wonderful? Thanks for planting the seed...

Robyn

Kierci
12-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey Robin if they do notice after the holidays tell them you had an accident with some chemicals over the holidays and the doctor shaved your one arm so you did the other so you didnt look like a dork. try that.

Jillian310
12-03-2005, 09:49 PM
When I was a lad of 20 and married upon return from overseas duty, the following occured and is gospel, and I take no position on it because I am really smooth so arm hair removal is not an issue for me: A day before the wedding she actually singed the hair from her arms over an open gas range burner! It may have been the thing to do for young girls in the mid 50's! Whatever, it seemed bizzare then, and still seems weird to me today! But I can tell you this, she had really smooth arms!

freshfrankie
12-03-2005, 10:28 PM
I shave everything. No one will ever say a thing. If you don't want it get rid of it. When iIstart shaving I just can't stop. Every dog and cat in the neighborhood is bald.:) Big hugs

Love
Jeannie

Kierci
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

JennyCD
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
I have one of those little personal trimmers. They do a great job on arm/hand hair. Last year I did have one person, my boss at the time, notice the sudden lack of arm hair. I told him I had been sprayed by a skunk and it was part of the odor removal treatment. (Hey, I was taken off guard)

MaylinJane
12-04-2005, 02:17 AM
My wife shaves her arm hair, mostly because she's a dark haired gal to begin with. I just started shaving mine about two or three weeks ago. It's pretty much like shaving my legs for me, it makes me feel more feminine and attuned with myself. I don't think I could ever stop it now.

May

jenni96
12-04-2005, 02:40 AM
I went ahead and started shaving my arms during our last winterbreak 2004. And continued on to epilation later on with occasionally just trimming down the growth and tweezing the dark thick hairs out. I can say that I have been self concious, but since it was cold when I started I could wear sweaters and long sleeves to cover up. While I think many who know me have noticed this, I have yet to be called on it.

Not to say that I dont pick-up that curious look from people trying not to look too hard at work, or family though. But since Im so wierd, geeky, a rightwing moderate, avid shooter, etc... :cool: I think people figure Im just crazy, but hey so do I. :rolleyes:

Just do it, and take advantage of the chilly weather to cover up if you feel uncomfortable. Its not like it wont grow back... ;)

Wendy me
12-04-2005, 08:19 AM
ok people realy don't notice too much i was trimming my arm hair down real short then abought a few weeks ago i just shaved them .. now my wife and me are dealing with this whole cding thingy as i moved to get more of it out in the open ... lets say her femdar is on high now she knows abought my shaveing my legs and my pitts and some "outher spots trimming" but from someone with to say the least hairy arms she has not noticed i know this because every time i shave my legs she notices and makes a comment.. not a word abought my arms has been said... not many will notice and if thay do say yes i shaved them because i wanted to do it most often thats the end of it......we worry and feer more than we need to .....

Steffie-Lee
12-04-2005, 08:55 AM
In my travels about the earth I have seen men who have naturally no hair on their bodys at all, and GG s who if they didn't trim it a bit, the hair on their legs would cover their shoes ! I have been shaving my arms, and legs for years and no one has noticed, or even cares. If some one does comment, I usualy come back with "Why are my personal grooming habits any of YOUR business?" That usualy ends the comments and any discussion.......

Christa
12-04-2005, 01:11 PM
lisameaghan,

My mom and sister noticed that I shave my legs a few years ago. When they asked if I was shaving my legs, I simply said "Yep. Feels a lot cleaner." And they couldn't disagree with that.

The truth is, lots of guys at my gym shave their legs, arms, chests, etc. It's becoming quite commonplace for younger guys especially.

So if someone asks, don't feel embarassed or ashamed or shy. If it makes you feel good and doesn't hurt anyone else... do it!

Leilani68
12-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I shave mine a couple times a week, looks and feels great.
As far as others noticing (probably, but nowadays no one says anything due
to the fact so many law suits concerning CD/TS issues & Minor things)..:)