PDA

View Full Version : St Patrick's Day outiing

joank
03-18-2012, 11:30 AM
To Celebrate SP day and also the fact that the SO is not here this weekend, I decided to go to Hamberger Mary's in Palm Springs. Well I showered, shaved and double foundationed just to make sure. I had on a pencil skirt, green sweater plus plenty of green in the heels, jewlery and even green finger nails. I arrived (60 mile drive in the rain) and it was sprinkling so I had on a nice LL Bean raincoat. Into the resturant I went and was seated (about 6 pm) inside because of the cool temps outside. I had a nice meal of stir-fried chicken and ice tea.

There was a mixed population of civilians, gays and me. If I recieved any looks it was just in passing and that was all. The service was very adequate and I was satisfied.

Ther was no be celebration going on at this establishment but other saloons were going wild. They were too crwded for me to go in by mysalf.

All in all, it was pretty much a non-event in that no one made comments about my green or being dressed. I enjoyed the drive and the meal but I wish it could have been closer than an hour+ drive.

I still have my nail color on and won't remove it until Monday. I paid to have it done and I want to get every minute out of the cost. BTW, they are my own nails, a little short but not too bad for someone who works around horses daily.

Thanks for reading a lengthy going out story. Its boredom is encouragement to keep going out in daytime as well as evenings.

Jodi
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I've dined at hamburger Marys. Nice place.

Jodi

Piora
03-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks for posting this, Joan. Although I am closeted, I do enjoy reading the adventures of members here who do go out dressed. Guess I sort of live vicariously through you! It's funny....when I first read the title of your thread - I thought it was going to be about you getting "outed" on St. Patrick's day! lol!