PDA

View Full Version : I Shed the Shackles of Hair

Anne2345
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Until last September, I had always been a seasonal body shaver. In other words, I only removed my body hair during non-shorts weather.

Last September, however, with close to a month of shorts weather remaining in my area, I shaved my legs and went out into public wearing shorts for the first time. It may not seem like a particularly big deal, but for me, at the time, it was a huge step!

During that experience, I learned that few people actually took notice of my long, smooth, shaved, feminized legs. A few of my friends, however, did notice, and actually asked me why I had shaved them. My response was “because I like to,” and that was good enough. Somehow, despite it all, that my legs had been noticed, I survived, and life miraculously continued on.

I have been shaving and epilating ever since. Until recently, that is. Lately it has been in the 70s and 80s where I live, and shorts weather is upon us again. Admittedly, I have felt a twinge of nervousness over the prospect of continuing to shave my legs for the duration of the spring and summer. I have not done that before. As such, distasteful thoughts of allowing my hair to grow back in for the summer have slowly but surely crept into the back of my mind. I do not like such thoughts. I do not like hair.

So I mentioned this to my wife, including my concerns. She knows how much I enjoy having shaved legs. She knows the feeling of liberation I experienced last September, simply exhibiting my legs to the world. And my wife loves me, and wants me to be happy. As such, her advice to me was to keep my legs shaved, to not worry about what others may think, and to go forth into the world again proud and hairless.

Given this shot of support and love from my wife, this morning I spent a fair amount of time epilating every single hair I could find away. It’s done. I’m committed. I am wearing shorts as I type. And I am about to go out into the world again . . . . :)

Jenny Doolittle
03-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Good for you! I too enjoy the feeling of smooth legs. If it is an issue for someone else, it is an issue for them, Not me!

Give your wife a hug from me too, she sounds like a special person.

Jay Cee
03-18-2012, 12:02 PM
...So I mentioned this to my wife, including my concerns. She knows how much I enjoy having shaved legs. She knows the feeling of liberation I experienced last September, simply exhibiting my legs to the world. And my wife loves me, and wants me to be happy. As such, her advice to me was to keep my legs shaved, to not worry about what others may think, and to go forth into the world again proud and hairless...

Each and every one of us here should have this kind of support from our SO's. My wife has supported me with my crossdressing, and that support has been crucial to my mental well being.

Bravo to you, Anne, for doing what makes you happy. If it hurts no one, then there is no harm in it.

body hair? <shudder>

Cheryl T
03-18-2012, 12:28 PM
You already found out that most don't care and the few who asked were satisfied with a simple response.
Enjoy yourself and let others worry about the little things. Life is too short to be concerned with the little people. Those that care don't matter and those that matter don't care.

Kayla C
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Hi Anne-
Smooth legs are so much nicer than hairy legs and most people, if they notice, don't care.
"I prefer it" or "because I like to" is a perfectly good explanation.
And lots of non CD's do it - cyclists, athletes, etc.
And if your SO is ok with it you should do what you like.
Kayla C.

Piora
03-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh, yes.....I can certainly relate to this. I shaved my legs for the very first time completely, in November of 2010, and experienced wearing shorts the following summer. The only person that noticed was my daughter, and I soon came out to her later that year.

I actually just shaved my legs today for the first time in 2 months, after a long period of having done it regularly 2 times a week up until then. I simply had been rather down after being unemployed, amongst other things, and haven't shaved my legs or dressed in quite some time.

But, as we all know on this site.....you can't be away for very long before the passion (not to mention the Pink Fog) takes over once again. My freshly shaved/moisturized legs feel amazing! I'll be slippin' into something femme this evening, for sure!

SusanCACD
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
The first time I ever went outside wearing cut-off jeans with my legs shaved I was walking to a video store for some movies. I walked past a group of young Mexicans-Americans and one of them said "hey pervert, where is the closest liqueur store?" I stopped in my tracks, spun around and looked this guy in the eye and said "What?" It was amazing, he kinda stumbled backward and I stepped toward him, and the young girl with them said something, I do not remember what she said, but it was apologetic so I let it go. Never felt bad about showing my shaved lags since.
Susan

whowhatwhen
03-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Good for you on doing what feels right and to hell with anyone who would use it to look down on you.
Body hair is for lumberjacks, no offense if there are any lumberjacks here.

YorkshireRose
03-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Good for you Anne, it feels wonderful with shaven legs, I bet a lot of people that don't, if they tried it, would be one over. The weather in the UK is rarely good enough for shorts, bar a few weeks in the summer. You're so lucky!

PretzelGirl
03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
This :bh: is for you wife. It is obvious with each passing post how wonderful she is.

diannecourtney
03-18-2012, 02:34 PM
A neat wife and neat hair for such a cute girl.

Anne2345
03-18-2012, 03:09 PM
This :bh: is for you wife. It is obvious with each passing post how wonderful she is.

How sweet of you, Sue! I will pass your hug on to her! And yes, my wife IS wonderful and special! I am quite fortunate! :)

prettytoes
03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
My first time with my smooth legs exposed was a few weeks ago on a Caribbean trip We traveled with a group and spent lots of time together on a dive boat, by the pool, and on the beach. The group is a great bunch of people, and we have lots of fun together, along with a little "ball busting".
I was pleasantly surprised when no-one said a word, or even seemed to notice. Looks like smooth legs for me from now on! My only concern is that my daughters will not approve. They are both out of the house, and do not know about my dressing.
I am so glad your wife is so supportive! My wife also feels that if it makes me happy, and doesn't go "over the line", she's OK with it.

STACY B
03-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Ok yull get me started on all the resons WHY !!! Ill do it dont dare me ,,,,

Richelle423
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM
I started shaving my upper legs a year ago then in the fall I started shaving the lower legs.It just seems I can not stop now and with summer aproaching my excuse will be " I shave because I don't want deer ticks and don't want Lime disease "cause I hear it's horrible"
BTW my SO has been chiding me for using Nair and I'm acting like a girl then she told me she used my Nair the other day on her legs! She said they felt silky smooth. Isn't it great to have a crossdressing boyfriend! I guess though she doesn't accept my lifestyle she like my stuff!

KellyJameson
03-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I like the look of body hair on others, men and women both but I cannot stand the way it feels on me so have been at war with it since puberty, fortunately I do not have much to begin with. I'm extremely tactile and touch and smell are the two senses that rule my life with hearing following closely behind. The touch of my smooth skin always calms me and so the appearance is important because it reassures me that it will feel smooth. The absence of body hair helps my skin bring into my mind the world, it increases my sensitivity. Having body hair is like wearing a suit of armor, it keeps the world outside and I cannot tolerate that.

BLUE ORCHID
03-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Anne, That has worked for me for years the only hair is on my head and down in Boys Town.

Josie M
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm trying to keep mine shaved this summer as well....going with the "trail running" and "Mountain biking" alibi.....I've been to the gym with shorts a few times and no worries so far.

As a bonus, I'm using my selected alibi as motivation to help be get in shape....been running pretty regularly lately....and trying to keep the weight down.

JessHaust
03-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Anne, you are really growing these last few months, problem is that soon this site will be devoid of your wonderful threads as you are too busy having fun out and about en femme to write them anymore! Confratulations and enjoy those shaved legs all summer.

Helen Grandeis
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM
If your hair is dark, why not get your legs lasered and be permanently hair free!

kimdl93
03-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Those are your legs and you're entitled to do with them as you wish. I have shaved mine for more than a decade now, gone out in shorts when the temperatures demand it here in Houston, and its been a non issue.

Sara Jessica
03-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Your experience Anne mirrors a lot of us who went down this important path. It may seem like old hat to many who have kept their legs smooth for so long and know it's really no big deal to the rest of the planet but that doesn't diminish the significance of such a decision for anyone else. The difference between you and I in this area is that not a single one of my friends has said a word about it. A couple strangers have but people close to me, not at all. Congrats on continuing to ride this wave. I don't think you'll regret it in the least bit.

Yep :)!

If your hair is dark, why not get your legs lasered and be permanently hair free!

I can think of a thousand things I'd rather spend my cash on than lasering my legs. Shaving them isn't such a bad chore. Most natal females deal with it, we can as well.

GingerLeigh
03-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I asked my wife the same thing. Shave or grow back? She said to do what I want, and who cares what anyone thinks, many men shave now. I'm not sure how I feel, I want to keep them shaved, but I have the jitters. This recent upswing in temps caught me off guard and I have been wearing pants when shorts are clearly needed. MUST...GET....COURAGE.....sigh. What can I say? I'm a wimp (with slender, hairless, sexy legs hee-hee!!!).

Ginger

Celeste
03-20-2012, 06:01 AM
I really like your reply to your friend"because I like to".It implies that there may be other reasons why, and I may or may not choose to share them with you.that should be all that's needed.I am about to share with my brother(doesn't know)my desire to stay permanently shaved.I'm just going to graze the subject at first to get his outlook on it.

Torrey
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
A few of my friends, however, did notice, and actually asked me why I had shaved them. My response was “because I like to,” and that was good enough. Somehow, despite it all, that my legs had been noticed, I survived, and life miraculously continued on.

Just another testimonial to Occam's Razor (oh, pun intended) in our "lives." The simplest answer is usually the best.

:hugs:
Torrey

P.S. That is one great wife you have there!

Vickie_CDTV
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM

It can be fairly expensive, since laser is (usually) priced by size of the area to be treated.

Kristyn Hill
03-20-2012, 02:06 PM
you rock, Anne...'Nuff said.

Jenna J
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Anne, I was wondering if you had any kids. I have 3, ages 11 and 12. I am not ready to put them through this yet and my wife also tells me not to worry about others opinions and do what makes me happy. Not sure I can take that HUGE step yet. Proud of you for your courage!

Cynthia Anne
03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Anne! That's the girl I knew you were! I'm so proud and happy for you! Give your loving wife another big hug!:hugs::love:

Jeannie
03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Yea!! That's great. I however cannot because I would be teased to the point of complete humiliation by my family, which I cannot afford to do. I admire your courage and your wife is a complete sweetie.