PDA

View Full Version : Will the TSA published guidlines change your attitude towards flying en femme?

LeannL
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
As posted elsewhere on these forums Link to Media Tread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?170942-TSA-state-ment-on-traveling-trans-folk) and directly here, TSA:Transgender Traveler (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/transgender.shtm), the TSA has published information for the transgendered traveler. The fact that they are acknowledging our existence and that they have recognized our concerns is a great step forward.

I am a regular en femme traveler but I have to admit that I always get a bit nervous when I go to an airport that I haven't been to before. The TSA's publishing this helps decreases my anxiety in this situation.

So, for those that haven't flown en femme already, will the TSA's posting make a difference in your likelihood of flying pretty and why?

For those that do fly, does this make a difference at all?

Leann

Melissa Rose
03-19-2012, 12:36 AM
I've flown pretty a number of times and always been treated like any other passenger going through security. Since I have not experienced any problems, the new guidelines do not change a thing for me.

LeannL
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Obviously, I agree with you but was hoping someone who hasn't flown would no say they are ready to take off.
Leann

Michelia
03-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Leann, I have been ready to fly for a while. I haven't done it but I already know it will be a non-issue. I have picked up my kid at the airport a couple of times and went through security to bring him to the gate and/or pick him up. Everytime everyone was courteous. Not only TSA but the pilots and the stewardesses. I think they already knew about us but it is time they put it in writing, no?

AllieSF
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I have only made one round trip flight and I had the full pat down as described in my post in the referenced thread here. I loved the total experience, was a bit nervous, but once there in the TSA domain area, I was all smiles the whole way. Yes, I would and want to fly again en femme as soon as possible.

DeeInGeorgia
03-21-2012, 12:03 AM
The TSA info talks about the gender on your identification. I called TSA a couple of weeks ago and asked them if they wanted my sex or my gender. The travel agent specifies gender, and Iwanted to confirm that is what TSA wants. What TSA fails to understand is my identification has "sex" and NOT GENDER!

Since the travel agent specified gender, I put my gender, not the sex, which is different, on the TSA prescreen paperwork.

I made it through security screening at the airport.

LeannL
03-21-2012, 05:51 AM
The TSA info talks about the gender on your identification. I called TSA a couple of weeks ago and asked them if they wanted my sex or my gender. The travel agent specifies gender, and Iwanted to confirm that is what TSA wants. What TSA fails to understand is my identification has "sex" and NOT GENDER!

Since the travel agent specified gender, I put my gender, not the sex, which is different, on the TSA prescreen paperwork.

I made it through security screening at the airport.

Dee,
The distinction that you and most of the rest of us on this forum is too subtle for much of the rest of society. What they say they want is either M or F and that it match the passport or driver's license. That information is used to check you against their "no fly" list. Since the ticket doesn't indicate gender, how you answer the original question doesn't make a difference (at least so far).

Leann