PDA

View Full Version : Concerned Wife

AnitaH
03-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I have written in the past about my wife being somewhat supportive. Well a few weeks ago I was dressing for the local TG social group I attend and she said she was finally ready to see Anita for the first time. She thought the presentation was very good and that no-one would recognize the male me from the femme presentation.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. She knew that the next meeting of the group was in St. Patrick's day and she was concerned that I had no green blouses to wear. So my wife took the male me out shopping the day before the event. Together we picked out 3 new blouses for Anita, only one was green by the way, and a new pair of wedge sandals. She said that she enjoyed doing this together.

The day of the event, yesterday, I had to go into work for a few hours and when I returned home to get ready she had set out my clothing for me; the green blouse a light brown skirt of mine and a matching jacket of hers that doesn't fit her and she hasn't worn in some time. She did say she wants the jacket back if she ever fits it again. While I was getting ready she prepared supper, we ate supper before I left as two ladies. Not bad for someone that had only seen Anita a couple of weeks ago.

My wife has been much more accepting and supportive than I ever expected. She has been giving me advice on matching and jewellery and such. You must remember that I just talked to her about this reality in my life last September so it hasn't been that long. But this support has made life so much better for me, and I do tell her how special this has been to me.

AnitaH

AllieSF
03-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Anita, this is such a nice inspiring thread. I really congratulate you and applaud your wife. She is very special. Thanks for sharing.

Marleena
03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Anita, this is such a nice inspiring thread. I really congratulate you and applaud your wife. She is very special. Thanks for sharing.

Allie said it all for me. I'm happy for you Anita.:)

JessHaust
03-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Wonderful Anita, but I would have changed the thread title from 'Concerned Wife' to " Loving Wife'

SuzanneBender
03-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Anita it's so wonderful to hear your wife is so supportive.

kimberly ann487
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Good for you Anita, it's nice to hear a good story like yours.

Jacqueline Winona
03-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Good to hear this, Anita, I'm really happy for you. :)

Alice B
03-18-2012, 11:29 PM
It is obvious that your wife truly loves you and is making every effort to understand and accept your need to dress. A very special lady.

Barbara Ella
03-19-2012, 12:04 AM
Great for you Anita. This is another instance of letting things run their own course in their own time. WIthout any pushing from you, your wife has integrated what you are doing, and did not find a reason to dislike it. WHile this does not happen for all, it does happen. Keep telling and showing her how special this is to you, and keep her entirely in the loop. You both are doing something right, keep it up.

Babes

Eryn
03-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Anita, I think that your story is a far more common CDing experience than many people realize. Conflicts and intolerance create a lot of discussion, but acceptance really doesn't. It's a pity because if relationships like yours were better known there would be a lot less anxiety and perhaps fewer of us would be frightened into hiding our CDing.

Our spouses are wonderful people, and I'm glad that I gave mine the chance to show how wonderful she is.

AnitaH
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Thank you all for for your kind words. Yes perhaps I should have titled my thred loving wife. It was hard for her at first but she is starting to enjoy this and yes, it was hard but I let her go at her own pace. We do talk about it openly, that helps.

BRANDYJ
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you all for for your kind words. Yes perhaps I should have titled my thred loving wife. It was hard for her at first but she is starting to enjoy this and yes, it was hard but I let her go at her own pace. We do talk about it openly, that helps.

I love readng experiences like yours Anita. Some of us are very lucky to have such wonderful loving wives or SO's in our life. I'm happy for you and just as happy for your wife to be able to not only accept this part of you, but to find a small woay to enjoy it with you.

Two things you said that others thinking about coming out to their wives need to take note: You let her go at her own pace. That is you did not p[ush her. Secondly, you talk openly. Thanks fior sharing.

StacyPump
03-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this story, Anita. It is an inspirational one. Wonderful to hear how accepting your wife is and how honest and loving the two of you are. Enjoy that blessing!

candicd
03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Keep telling and showing her how special this is to you, and keep her entirely in the loop. You both are doing something right, keep it up.

This is he best advice you can get on this thread. Congrats on a wonderful wife. You are obviously doing something right.