PDA

View Full Version : A confirming trip to Sally's Beauty Supply

joank
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
This morning I popped out of bed at the normal 5 AM and fed the horses. The I skipped the coffee and went directly to the shower and proceeded to dress for the morning.--pale green blouse and forest green skirt (must be on a hangover from SP Day).

I took off for town with a purpose, breakfast. Marie Calandar's opens at 7 and I was the first one and other than two policemen a little later, I had the resturant and the waitress to myself.

By the time I finished it was 8 AM and over to SBSupply I drove. Now I have been going in the this shop for about 5 years (dressed only) so the manager and assitant know me by sight.

I asked the assitant to do me a favor after I finished shopping. When done I asked her to critique my make-up and look (for the day). I removed my glasses and had her start at the brow and work down to the neckline of the blouse. She said of the make-up, it blended well with my natural skin color and was not overpowering at all. The blusher was muted and the Dust Rose lipstick was almost natural in color.

I then asked her to check out my skirt length and since I was going for the business look and the skirt hit at the knee she concured with the look (even though I'm 68).

I had on a calf legth coat cause it was in the high 30's in sunny SoCal at 8 AM. I did the turn around and asked for and overall look critique. She said it looked very business like although the green nail polish was a (matching) side look but could have been distractive if not for all the green in my overall presentation.

We then talked about the cosmetics business, dealing with the public (my former job for 39 years) and how to handle difficult customers. I asked if I was a difficult one and she responded no, I was very easy to work with and seemed to enjoy myself.

We also talked about how people present and she commented that I always have been well put together when I come in the store. (I very rarely where hose and heels but today I did.)

We talked shoes and heel heights and comfort levels.

It was great to communicate girl to girl. She said she would let me know if I ever came in with a fashon disater and so would the manager.

Then it was off to Kohl's but that is for another time.

kimdl93
03-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Those are the kinds of SAs that really help. Nothing is better than a trustworthy opinion to help build one's confidence!

Talldrinkofwater
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
It is always nice to have an honest opinion. Even though it sounds like you were well put together anyways. Taking pride in your appearence is rewarding though it seems.

Eryn
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I like Sally Beauty. Oddly, I've never gone into one en femme. I shop there every few weeks, mostly for nail supplies for myself and my spouse. I have a Sally discount card in my male name and have always been treated well. One SA even commented favorably on the femme wallet that I carry in my guy mode shoulder bag. Very perceptive woman, that!

Diane Lynn
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I went into one recently, and was treated very poorly by the SA and other customers. They were all hanging out by the cash register when I went in, was followed around as I shopped and made me feel very uncomfortable. I just walked out.

joank
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Wow Diane, I have been in four different SBS's and was treated well by the staff, male and female, and the customers were not an issue. Sorry for that experience.