PDA

View Full Version : Had my wife read "My Husband wears my clothes"

Daphne Renee
03-19-2012, 04:22 PM
My wife and I are talking more about this now. She has known somewhat about my dressing for quite a while. On a weekend out of town we actually talked alot more about it. She read the book.. then asked me to write a little of my story.. so I did. she actually cried and gave me a hug and said she was sorry I had to go through all that. Since then she and I have been shopping for some things for me. Now obviously I still buy her things that she might want if I can. We are taking things somewhat slowly but she did say she is ok with me going to SCC in atlanta in the fall if we can afford it.

Ally 2112
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Im very happy for both of you .I hope things keep progressing in a positive manner !

Alice B
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I think that it is wonderful that your wife is taking such and open view of your dressing. As I've posted many times. Have the talk and keep the lines of communication open and honest. You present the classic example of this and what can result. Look forward to your future posts.

mbmeen12
03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
We are taking things somewhat slowly but she did say she is ok with me going
to SCC in Atlanta in the fall if we can afford it

That is great Daphne that your SO is happy AND willing to dress you NICE!! You are going to make the girls very envious here:) What is SCC in Atlanta about?

Daphne Renee
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
oh sorry.. scc is short for southern comfort conference. is a convention for us.. I have never been so I am not the best to explain it. here is the link. http://www.sccatl.org it can explain things much better than I can.

BLUE ORCHID
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi Daphne, Maybe in the next couple hundred years or so I can get my wife to read that book.

StacyPump
03-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Congratulations, Daphne, on the open-ness you are enjoying with your wife. That is inspiring.
I haven't read the book yet. Would other CD's with SO's recommend it?

Barbara Ella
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Congrats Daphne. You have the key, just keep both of you involved in the discussion, and things will move forward.

Babes

Debglam
03-19-2012, 10:39 PM
That is great news Daphne! My best to you and your wife!

BTW, did you know that Peggy Rudd's SO is on this forum?

Renee W
03-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Getting and reading the book was one of the first things my wife did after she found out about my CDing. She read the entire thing, and so did I. It prompted her to ask additional questions of me, while at the same time it opened my eyes to the entire world of CDing. Prior to reading that book and discovering this forum, I had always thought of myself as weird and a pervert. We both now realize that neither of those statements is true.

I have recommended that book in past posts, and still recommend it.

kimdl93
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
What a great idea!!! By sharing your own story at her request, she got to hear first hadn, your experiences of growing up as a CD. I think its really important to share these experiences - and to put the clothes and make up into the context of a life that has been spent in hiding, denial, fear, and often rejection.

Jenny Doolittle
03-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I think it is great your wife had you write your own story..... what a great way to really understand your own personal journey.

I have give my wife the same book. Sadly, she has still not found the desire to know more about Jenny

Still hoping some day.

VickysBFF
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM
I haven't read the book myself but my SO did. She said that some parts of it were applicable to our situation and some were not. I would caution anyone reading the book that it can be very helpful and enlightening but that it is not a definitive one-size-fits-all book.