PDA

View Full Version : CDS would you ever like to be short and petite?

seanmuscle
03-20-2012, 03:24 PM
What are the benefits and drawbacks? Would you miss being tall or strong or macho looking?

KateSpade83
03-20-2012, 03:28 PM
In freshman year HS I noticed I stopped growing at 5' 4" tall, so I gave up on a future career being a Pro Basketball player. I used to play BB every day, in indoor and outdoor courts. But now I'm the perfect height for a crossdresser because this height is also the height of the average American woman. So I can wear regular or petite clothes. Good thing I wasn't taller as my shoes size is 9.5 M.

whowhatwhen
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd love to be smaller, machismo is a huge turn off and I never had it anyway.

KimberlyJean
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
If I had been born a girl I would have went a different direction with my fitness, but if I could choose I would be the female version of who I am now.

joannemarie barker
03-20-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm 5"10 and slim with long legs,I'm happy with that :)

Elara
03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
To be short and petite would be great mainly for the awesome range of shoes I could get.

STACY B
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Ohhhhh to be 5" about 110ib size 7 shoe the rest is history ........

Janelle_C
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't have it so bad a 5' 10.5" and a women's 11 shoe. I don't care about macho that's for the young and if that's what I cared about I wouldn't be wearing dresses. But if I could wakeup tomorrow how ever I wanted to be it would be 5' 8" size 8 shoe and 130lb and long hair. And my wife would rollover in bed and say who the hell are you lol.

cindi cinnamon
03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Would I ever like to be "short and petite"? The short answer....... YES, HELL YES !!!!!!!!

But, at 6'4" and 230 lbs, I know that ain't ever gonna change. (except for the weight..... I'm doing something about that..... my goal is 190 lbs.).

My only choice is to "OWN IT". And that is precisely what I do.

KelleyG
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
growing up I always wished I was taller, but now I'm happy with my height. at 5'5" and a size 8.5 woman's shoe its easy to find clothes and shoes. Now I just need to lose about 10-15 more lbs.

Darla
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Growing up I was always picked last for kickball- being smaller and skinny. Now I'm 5'7" and 140, size 9 women's shoe. Male or female I'm happy the way I am. There's nothing I'd change except to haves lot less body hair!

BRANDYJ
03-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Sure, for my fem side it would be great to be shorter. Maybe 5'5". Bu then again at 5'9",I'm not that tall anyway. But since my predominate side is masculine, I'm glad I am not shorter. But I am also glad I'm not taller then I am. So I guess you can say I satisfy both sides of my gender right where I'm at. Now...let's not talk ablout wieght!

joandher
03-20-2012, 05:38 PM
For the tall Ladies ,remember as you get older you will shrink, (FACT ), I hope i dont get much smaller im 5 ft 5 in tall 125 lbs and 30 inch waist , and wear Ladies size 6.5 shoes

Sorry?

Joann Smith
03-20-2012, 05:47 PM
5'11"....i am cool with it ...wish my feet were smaller

April_Ligeia
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
No, I don't wish this in any real sense. Sometimes I wish I were smaller and could buy shoes in a store (they don't carry women's size 14), but, at 6'5" and 250 pounds, I don't worry about how I'm dressed, or if I'm 'read' or much else.

Cindia
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Petite would be great, not too short, but shorter than I am (6'3"). Or least get my shoe size down to at least nine. The good stuff rarely makes it to size 12.

Organza
03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Tamigirl, have you checked David Tate's Infiniti? It runs up to about 13WW last time I checked. I have about five pairs in 11WW that I got at Zappo's or ShoeBuy.com.

TxKimberly
03-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Hell yes i would like to be short and petite and dont really give a shit what the possible drawbacks might be! lol

Organza
03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
I used to wish I were small because there were so many dresses I dreamed of wearing. That was before I found my amazing, sympathetic, skilled, wonderful seamstress (whom I've never met -- I send her measurements and checks and she sends me perfect dresses). She actually has a dressmaker's dummy with my measurements set up in her sewing room, so my dress problems are solved forever, assuming she keeps on sewing :) Now I can be a "real man" with my boys and wife and a girl when I'm alone, so I wouldn't change. My wife knows but not my boys (my wife is not their mother).

Brittany CD
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm about 5'11 and love it! Personally, I find tall girls more attractive. I also have long legs;)

barbie lanai
03-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Shorter so I'd have a reason to wear high heels.

Cindia
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM

The fact that they exist is reason enough to wear them.

CarolineM
03-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Definitely would be shorter - 5'3" or 4" not that I'm massively tall, at 5'11" but foot size is still an issue (UK size 9/10 - on the edge of finding decent styles/availability)

Caroline
xxx

Cynthia Anne
03-20-2012, 07:45 PM
The dress I'm wearing right now is petite! Although it is a little long on me! Hugs!

Alice Torn
03-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Shorter would have been nicer in a number of ways! At six foot six, 255, i have always been bugged about my size, from persecuted, to jest. My hands and feet are huge. Size 14 extra wide male shoes, size 16 wide womens!! I wear ladies clothes that are near my size about 20w, 22w, and my long legs look great, in those size 16 heels and hose, BUT, I would have been more average size, had i had the choice, around 5' 9". I have always wanted to marry a super tall lady, around my own size, and i have been very unsuccessful. The short chunky women have gone for me, but i honestly want a tall one.

Dani Alana Taylor
03-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I am 5 6 and slender so it's perfect for CDing! Although I play AAA baseball so we are on a strength and conditioning thing so that probably won't stay... However I do like taller girls sometimes, like taylor swift haha :daydreaming:

nicole1987
03-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Same bein 6'2 and 10.5 guys shoes make it really hard for heels so i wish i was tinier

Leslie Langford
03-20-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm around 5' 10" tall, relatively small-boned, and weigh about 170 lbs., all of which puts me into a Size 14-16 dress and a Size 10-12 skirt. I also wear a Size 7 1/2 - 8 in women's gloves, my ring size is 9, and my women's shoe size is 9 - 9 1/2. In other words, I can pretty much buy whatever I want right off the rack in regular women's sizes, and at that height, the sleeve and pant leg lengths of my women's clothes tend to fit bang-on without any other alterations required.

In short (no pun intended - LOL!) I am very happy with my height, especially since that puts me right into high fashion model territory. As we all know, most women's fashions tend to look best on a taller frame, and on more than one occasion when trying on clothes en femme, I have had SA's and other female customers comment on how stunning certain items looked on me. They usually add that they wished that they were as tall as I am so that they could carry off those looks equally well.

That's all the vindication I need to feel lucky that I seem to have hit the "sweet spot" for height both in male and female mode.

YorkshireRose
03-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm 5'10 and slim so a nice height and build imo, I can wear a dress size 16 and am happy with that. I have always prefered petite girls, but I like being a "tall girl"

Charlotte

Princess Chantal
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Less legs to show off??? Not my preference. My height is perfect and I'm very comfortable with it, no matter the height of the heels I wear

lilmissjenny
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
im 6ft tall and weigh around 160 lbs. ive always been skinny and im fine just the way i am :)

Lorenqt
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm 5'2" and I love it.:kiss:

Cheryl T
03-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Please....Please...I'd love to be 5'6" and about 125#.

ReineD
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm about 5'11 and love it! Personally, I find tall girls more attractive. I also have long legs;)

You go girl!! :D

I'm a GG: 5'9" bare feet and I mostly wear 3" heels or wedgies putting me at 6' or more when I wear higher heels. I love it, and I consider myself to be all woman! lol

I've always felt my height gave me an advantage and I wouldn't trade it away for the world. :)

I do wish my feet were smaller though. There are more shoe styles available in size 9 or smaller. I wear a size 11. But I can still find cute shoes and I find that most people don't spend their time noticing what's on my feet when they meet me.

Veronnie2
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
5' 6" tall here, and I would not change a height thing. I can wear 3", 4", 5" heels and not stand out. I also can usually buy off the rack, and my size 10 shoes fit well. I guess that is my blessing. veronnie2

EllieOPKS
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Only thing I can say to the OP is we could play some one on one, I would loom over you at about 5 6" tall. I am working on the petite thing and I'll say it again, my tag line should be " I never new how masculine I looked until I tried to look feminine". No diet will fix broad shoulders. :)

Vickie_CDTV
03-21-2012, 03:11 PM
At one point in my life I would have said yes to being smaller (I am already a bit shorter than your average male), but nowadays I don't know. Aside from some health risks from being larger, I just no longer believe all women are "supposed" to be skinny and no more than a certain height tall. I don't think a GG who is large or tall is somehow "defective" or intrinsically worth less than a GG who is short and petite. Maybe I am at an age where one starts to question everything they are told by society, I don't know; at the same time I am attracted to big and/or tall women, so I come at this from a different perspective that way as well.

So to answer the question, other than some health risks and if finding clothes to fit was not an issue... would I want to be thin? At this point, no, I wouldn't.

Aylineira
03-21-2012, 03:18 PM
My only regret about my size is my big feet. I tried once to get a smaller size heel than normal and it totally looked way cuter.. but alas the pain was overbearing and I had to swap it.

Miriam-J
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Taller, shorter, nah! I'll settle for 5'8. But smaller, narrower feet would be nice. It's a pain finding nice shoes in women's 12 extra wide.

Jillian Faith
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm fine with being 5'8", I just wished I had smaller and narrower feet. All the cute shoes are size 10 and smaller!

Diane Smith
03-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm 5'8", 140 pounds on a good day, wear a size 10 or 12 dress and 9-1/2 shoes. There's no shortage of pretty stuff in the stores that fits me, although dropping a shoe size or so would expand the choices a little bit. My grandmother was also 5'8" and I had an aunt who was 5'9", so it is by no means an unheard-of size among my family or women in general, and I'm reasonably happy there. If I were shorter, I would probably complain more about not being able to reach things around the house or see over the dashboard in the car or whatever. My mom (as opposed to the other family members mentioned) was 5'2" and never liked being that short very much (although she was quite a package when she wore 5" heels, which she did from time to time when I was very small).

- Diane

misskristykitty
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I am a GG and I am 4'11 and after the birth of my son I weigh 160, but just started dieting and looking to get back down to my pre baby weight of 120. I wear a size 6 shoe and when I wear my ADIAS scandals I am a size 4 in boys shoes. I love being short just the weight thing is what I am dealing with now other then that I consider myself to be a Hobbit or as my CD boyfriend calls me his Body Dropt Human. LoL!!

Debglam
03-21-2012, 10:26 PM
No. Have you ever seen a tall, gorgeous GG walk into a room? Whiplash!

I would like narrower shoulders and smaller feet though!

Veronica Nicole
03-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I would like to have been taller, 5'2" is a little short but I guess there are some advantages.. I can shop in the petite section but i still have trouble finding jeans they always fit long.. But I love shopping for shoes I can always find 8 or 8 1/2 that fit.

NathalieX66
03-21-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm 5'6" and between 145 and 150 lbs. ...trying to get to 140.
Both sides of my family are pretty short.

RachelX
03-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Another trick question?

KimberlyTx said it for me "Hell yes i would like to be short and petite and dont really give a shit what the possible drawbacks might be! lol"

Had I the good fortune to be of short and petite stature I would of transitioned and had a sex change after college like I had planned on while growing up.

Jane G
03-22-2012, 03:45 AM
For 90% of my life I would have jumped at the chance to be several inches shorter than my 6ft 4. But lifes to short to worrie about such things. It may have taken fifty years but I'm finaly happy with my body exactly like it is.

erickka
03-22-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm glad that I am vertically challenged, since my job requires getting into some places that a rat would have problems getting into.I'm 5'7" or so and about 148 lbs, so I am amongst the size of about 70% of the GG's in my area.

NCAmazon
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
No. Have you ever seen a tall, gorgeous GG walk into a room? Whiplash!

I would like narrower shoulders and smaller feet though!

I'm with this. Tall is glamerous and you will be remembered. Look at all the short GGs that wish they were 6'. Beauty Pagent gals are all 5-10 plus. Slim of course.

Abbey Lane
03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
I am 6' tall and love it especially when I pu on my 4-5" heels. But with that said I wish my feet were smaller because all the smaller girls get all the exciting shoes.Finding 12W or 13's sexy shoes are tough locally. Sure you can get them in several internet catalog but nothing like stepping and strutting your stuff in Payless. But Payless rarely has 12-13's any longer. Once in a while I get lucky.

pantywaver
03-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I like my height 5'6", size 10 women shoe but I am not petite at 185. Its not hard finding clothes to fix for the most part.

Its the upper body that I have the most problems with getting clothes to fit, so I would like to be Petite.

Rikidee
03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
I am 5' 2" tall, weigh 135lbs. and wear a size 6 1/2 woman's shoe. I have been bullied and picked on most of my life for being short and petite and even now in a man's world you would be surprised how much differently I am treated sometimes because of being small. At work I know people say and do things to me that never happen to someone who is 6' tall. I have come to appreciate my size for my female side. I can buy dresses and shoes anywhere and feel that I can pass and fit in mainly because of my size. I also find that most SAs are more willing to help me because they do not feel threathened because many of them are bigger than I am. Hugs Riki

zorianacd
03-22-2012, 08:29 PM
At 5' 6", I like my height. Like some other posters, I'm working on becoming petite. Lost about 13 pounds thanks to training for a marathon. Have another dozen pounds to go. I'd like to be mistaken for an emo rocker. Or a petite girl, once I've lost the weight.

BLUE ORCHID
03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Sean, Growing up being 6' tall was a plus but it would be great to be about 5'5" tall and about 110 pounds now.

Jilmac
03-22-2012, 09:41 PM
As guy standards go, I'm relatively short, 5'8" and shrinking. As girl standards go, I'm reaching for the tall side, I guess that puts me right in the middle size-wise. But being a short guy and weighing 147 lbs I can fit into womens size 10 and under and I'd like to keep it that way.

Brigid
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM
I am short (5'5") which is great because ladies clothes fit fine as far the length. In fact I've started wearing women's pants because they fit me better than men's. My weight puts me in plus sizes and I'm trying to lose (if only I could keep my man boobs when I do.)

sometimes_miss
03-23-2012, 01:09 AM
If I were a girl, sure I'd be happy being petite. It's not such a big deal really, being attractive for a girl doesn't hinge on height (I've dated a couple of REALLY pretty women who were around five foot even). But as a guy, I'll stay big and tall. People don't bother me. And even other big people tend to leave others like them alone, since we know that seeing as one good punch can go through a wall, so it will also break bones pretty easy. And sometimes it comes in handy being able to pick people up and toss them around when necessary. Then they REALLY leave us alone.

Sarah V
03-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Since I have NEVER been tall, macho, or exceptionally strong, I would certianly love to be petite. A lot of my expereince growing up was quite similar to what Ms. Rikidee described in her post above. In high school some of the girls in my class were always envious of how thin I was as (100 - 110) compared to most of the other guys in the class. I was never that tall to begin with (5.5') and it was always a challange for me to gain weight.
I graduated college at 117 lbs (this post just made we want to look it up) and I weighed @ 125lbs until I hit my mid 30's when my metabolism finlly began to slow down and I began to put on weight. I am in my mid 40's now and am up to @155 lbs and most family think I finally look better than I ever did as I have finally "filled out".

I have a very small foot size for a guy and it has always been challanging to find fashionable adult male clothes and business suits that fit. I finally had to have mine tailor made. It's pretty good for my womens wardrobe as a lot of sisters who know me or have seen pictures of me say I am so lucky to be the size I am in that I can wear almost everything. It's funny, but I used to be a womens small size 8, but now I take a womens large in most clothing and am a size 12 - 14. Truth be told, my tummy is getting the better of me (thank god for shapewear) and I really need to work on it. Have all the tools, ladies athletic clothing, and ambition...just dont have the time it seems to serioulsy devote time to it when I would like to.

If I really had a wish though I would love to be a tall women. I really admire and am attracted to both tall (but well built) GG women and other tall TGurls.

Stitch
03-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Another GG here. Being petite is over rated. I'm 5'1. There are children bigger and stronger than me. It's pretty scary to find out you can be over powered by an 11 year old.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but several people seem to mention "working towards being petite" but being petite isn't anything to do with weight, its to do with your height and bone structure. If your under 5'3 your classed as petite. You can still be a plus size and be petite.

Anyway, You should just rock the shape your given. I admire a person who is proud of who they are. Also being the taller woman has its perks I'm sure. :)

susmitha
03-26-2012, 12:04 AM
What are the benefits and drawbacks? Would you miss being tall or strong or macho looking?

I am quite short and small. When I dress as female, nobody can imagine that I am a man (but my movements and mannerisms are masculine; I do not want to change them because I like crossdressing only in private).

girltoy
03-26-2012, 01:58 AM
My only gripe about being 5'10" is when I work with the shorter nurses and *I* am the one stuck hunched over the bed (if we raise it to be comfortable for me, it's too high for them!). I have long legs and long torso and LOVE IT.

laura.lapinski
03-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Well, if I was going to transition, then being a little shorter might help find more clothes, but at 5'9" and being fairly slender, I'm happy with that.

Stephanie47
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Once I was six foot one, wore a 38Tall suit, weighed 160 and had a 30 inch waist. Now I'm six foot even, wear a 42Tall, weigh 198 and have a 38 inch waist. I would love to be back at my first measurements. En femme I would love to be five foot seven. If I wear my four inch heels I stand out like a sore thumb. I would have an inclination to go out in public during the daytime if I was five foot seven. There is a nicer selection of clothing in 'misses' sizes.

Joanna41
03-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Just to fit into a size 7 to a 7 1/2 would be fine with me!

Acastina
03-26-2012, 12:48 PM
For the tall Ladies ,remember as you get older you will shrink, (FACT ), I hope i dont get much smaller im 5 ft 5 in tall 125 lbs and 30 inch waist , and wear Ladies size 6.5 shoes

Sorry?

Don't be sorry, unless you were able to transform yourself from bigger numbers and won't share the secret with the rest of us. I was a very late pubertal bloomer, being about 5'8"-140# when I graduated from high school (part of a family with 6-3 father, 5-8 mother, 6-4 brother, 6-0 brother, and 5-9 sister), then started growing to 6'1.5"-175#.± 10# or so over the years. Out of curiosity, I measured myself a few weeks ago and discovered that, at 63 years, I am not that tall any more. I seem to have shrunk to a bit over 6'. Holding at 178±# and sufficiently disgusted if it tops 180 to starve myself for a while. I had been 6-1.5 for so long that I never thought about it until I passed one of those old-fashioned scales with the height-measuring stick and checked it out.

I'm hoping that the shrinkage continues and accelerates...:cheer:

ReineD
03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm hoping that the shrinkage continues and accelerates...

You want to guard against too much shrinkage though:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Height-Loss-As-You-Age-and-Tips-to-Slow-the-Loss&id=4081848

moss
03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
well, I already am, and it's great! haha