PDA

View Full Version : Effects of Premarin

emmicd
03-21-2012, 02:00 AM
I wish to start on premarin. Please provide me information on proper dose and the timetable of what to expect in the way of changes and potential dangers.
Thank you!

emmi

noeleena
03-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi ,

First off you need your blood counts done you need to see an Endo a G P & make sure your health is okay & no other meds you may be on will react with your body. & your age & any other factors about your self

As youv not said any thing about your self with that detail or lack of we cant tell you a thing i can tell you about my self yet thats not you so .

Let me say they can kill you cause cancer & a host of other issues that can accure with out some form of suppervision, the dose for you will be different from myself or others ,

& i would not tell you what dose rate would suit you. how can we what works for one may not another.

As i said before. iv worked with meds for 37 years lots of i know what they can & will do & others wont do & the bad side effects they have & did have, & for any one else to advise another person would be very foolish. an endo can work with you help you & make sure things are right for you ,

My best advise is see an Endo. before you take any thing.
...noeleena...

Michelle.M
03-21-2012, 06:49 AM
I wish to start on premarin. Please provide me information on proper dose and the timetable of what to expect in the way of changes and potential dangers.
Thank you!

emmi

If you ask the members of an online forum for this information and we were to give it that's what is known as practicing medicine without a license. You might consider discussing this with a doctor.

Julia_in_Pa
03-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Emmi,

I was on Premarin for the first two years of HRT use.
It worked very well for me.
Everyone is different so there is no timetable.
The dangers of estrogen use of any source include Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) which are blood clots that could kill you.
If you smoke you increase the risk for DVT's ten fold.
You will also experience brain rewiring which will eventually alter your personality.
Most likely you will experience hot flashes during the beginning phases of use.
Estrogen is not enough by itself to create changes you must also add a Testosterone blocker such as Spironolactone.
You will experience sterility and impotence after a period of use of both.

As for dosages I am not allowed nor would I discuss that with you due to not being a medical doctor.
You are able to easily find dosage information for both of these online.

Julia

JohnH
03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Premarin is extracted from mare urine. So you might consider another form of estrogen.

Also I might suggest using a patch or a gel instead of taking the estrogen orally. The external forms would be much easier on the liver.
Again we are forbidden to discuss any dosage amounts on this forum. Ultimately however the form of estrogen you take would be between you and your doctor.

Johanna

cindi cinnamon
03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Emmi..... Please do not self medicate..... The potential for things going badly, are real.

Do the smart thing.... schedule that appointment with your doctor.

Aprilrain
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
premarin is more expensive than estradiol

emmicd
03-21-2012, 07:13 PM
thank you for the valuable advice. i will talk to a doctor and it seems this road is way to much for me. i may just fantasize about the whole thing. dressing will have to be my ties to femininity.

Inna
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
If you can put transition on hold then you are not ready for it, for most if not all transition is the only option and can't wait. However if you decide that transition is now and you are ready, you may start using natural form of plant derived estrogen way easier to absorb by your body and bio-identical to that of Genetic woman. The are called Phytoestrogens and are available as a food supplement or HRT for post menopausal females, no prescription necessary because they are not medication.

Mary Lee
03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
premarin is more expensive than estradiol

I paid $145 for 30 tabs or one month supply. I had tried estradiol (spelling) and it was 9.99 for 90 tabs or 3 months supply.

Aprilrain
03-22-2012, 06:14 AM
If you can put transition on hold then you are not ready for it, for most if not all transition is the only option and can't wait. However if you decide that transition is now and you are ready, you may start using natural form of plant derived estrogen way easier to absorb by your body and bio-identical to that of Genetic woman. The are called Phytoestrogens and are available as a food supplement or HRT for post menopausal females, no prescription necessary because they are not medication.

This is incorrect. Phytoestrogens are not bioidentical to estradiol, esterone or estriol the three native estrogens in the human body. Plants do not produce hormones only animals do however plants do produce chemicals who's structure is similar to estrogens. Theses chemicals are used to synthesize bioidentical estradiol. The plant most commonly used for this is the lowly soya bean which is why your prescription of estradiol is cheeper than your prescription of Premarin.

Inna
03-22-2012, 06:43 AM
This is incorrect. Theses chemicals are used to synthesize bioidentical estradiol. Thats what I said.....I think??

you may start using natural form of plant derived estrogen way easier to absorb by your body and bio-identical to that of Genetic woman.

:)
PS. hey by the way, how are you feeling, are you ready to compose an article shoot me pm, love, Inna

Aprilrain
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Plants do not produce bioidentical estrogens. Humans use the chemicals found in plants to synthesize, in a lab, bioidentical Estradiol. Picture technicians in white coats. Bioidentical = chemically identical to endogenous estradiol, it doesn't = natural. The only (commercially available) "natural" source of hormonal estrogens is horse pee, which = Premarin.
IOW there is no plant you can ingest that will put a bioidentical estrogen in your body.
FWIW, I took black cohosh for a while, I'm pretty sure the only thing it gave me was a headache.

P.S. I'm fine thanks for asking : )