PDA

View Full Version : Breast size: Confirm my research! :-)

riggedbob
03-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I posted in a thread, but want the general opinion as well. See my question below, then I'll provide what I THINK my answer is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am just researching the info to get into cross dressing. I am particularly stumped with breast size, a question I am sure comes up frequently around here.

I am 6'4, 170 lbs (distance runner/basketball player) with a 38 inch chest.

I read some stuff, seemed to suggest that C was a good, conservative cup size to start with. But, I got a C bra, stuffed it a bit to simulate, and it just seems like I am way too big for that, given that I am 6'4 and broad shouldered, etc. So now I am considering targeting larger breasts. But, how big do I go?? I don't really want to be outrageous, but I need something proportional to my height and build.

Also, I am a bit worried about finding tops to fit me. Not too many women's clothing made for bodies over six feet tall.

Thanks for any insight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I read around on a few threads, seems like for my body type, D cup and possibly even larger would not slip into the realm of "caricature."

Also, seems like I should go have a professional fitter help me...I'll have to think about that for a bit.

Going to try and find a 38D or DD today, see what that looks like. BUT...if you have any advice, I am still trying to sort it out!

Sara Jessica
03-21-2012, 07:31 AM
I am just researching the info to get into cross dressing.

Let's make this easy. If you are still in the R&D phase, there's still time to back out. I can think of a gazillion better hobbies to get into. The pain in these pages may be less frequent than the joy conveyed but in terms of gravity, the pain is often much more profound.

Lynn Marie
03-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm also tall and wide and fairly trim at 190. A "C cup" bra looks rediculously small on my chest as do a number of larger sizes. I finally settled on a 36H which is my 3rd set of forms and bras. First too small, then too big, now I'm happy with something in the middle. Now everything looks proportional even if an "H" cup seems way over the top.

As far as tops go, I've had to go to a size 20Tall to get the shoulder width and arm length necessary for a good fit. Even then I've been taking them in for a more tailored look. Lately I've been finding very large tops at thrift stores and tailoring them to size. Much better variety of styles. If you don't sew, many of these tops will look like the tents that large women often wear to cover their weight problem. Now I tailor and modify nearly everything I wear to suit me!

KaTanya
03-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Cup sizes will vary, but "athletic" will tend more towards the A,B, and C range. Any bigger and the ladies tend to do a bit of binding. "The ball should be the only thing bouncing." I believe that was used in a sports bra campaign in the 90's.

A lot of it depends on the clothes you're wearing. 38C will look a lot different between a low-cut spandex dress and a layers business-suit outfit.

Tina B.
03-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Women come in all sizes, there are no rules. I'm just under 6 ft. and over weight, probably should wear a D or DD, but often find myself much more comfortable in a C, even women of matched sizes, cup size can still vary a lot. Find what suits you.

But if you are looking for a new hobby, and X-box and a hundred top line games would be a lot cheaper, and you don't have to hide it when company comes!
Tina B.

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-21-2012, 01:31 PM
I am only 5'7" and wear 38C bras so it is hard to comment since you are so much taller. I tried out big boobs and they didn't work for me so I am now very happy with my real 38C size. I would think that you being athletic you would go with a smaller bust size to keep in line with your normal physic, you really don't need to go big to look great in a dress or a top even as tall as you are. Just my humble opinion!!!

Lorenqt
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I'm 5'2" and I love my 34D breast forms.

sonna
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
it toke me five trys to get it right for me hope you have better luck

Cheryl T
03-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Whatever size makes you feel happy and comfortable. There is no guideline to this. Women come in all shapes and sizes and a woman of your height and weight would most likely be small breasted, but if you feel you need more then go for it.
Don't forget to pad your hips and bum so that you have a figure...and take that into account when you look at yourself for your breast size.

Karren H
03-21-2012, 02:15 PM
A recent Good Housekeeping poll shows the average woman wears a 36DD bra... Up from a 36C five years ago.... So either the average woman is getting larger. Or only large breasted women now buy Good Housekeeping? Personally a 36C fits my 5'9"... 175 lb body and looks very appropriate. And fits the clothing I like to wear.

sissystephanie
03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
I am 5' 10", but I do have a 40 inch chest! Actually, although I am definitely a male I do have natural 40 B breasts. Other than my time in the military I have worn a bra since I was 9 years old. Our doctor told my dad that if I didn't wear a bra I would have sagging breasts, even if I did lots of exercises! Since I had started wearing panties at age 6 I didn't mind at all!

You said your chest is 38, so you should probably wear a 38C. Anything larger than a C would look out of place! I don't know where you live, but if there is a Victoria's Secret store near you go there and ask to be measured. They know how to do it properly, and they very helpful to crossdressers. That is where I buy a lot of my bras, and I have been measured there!

riggedbob
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for all the advice everyone! I've got two bras that feel ok, one a C and one a D, going to try them both out, see what I like. I'll let you know what I find.

I also got to try on some wigs. Seems like longer, straight hair is better for me. I have heard that amzon has good selection, but it is scary buying without trying. What do I look for to get a good wig?

Now...as for those tops...ugh. I have little fashion sense as a male, I am going to struggle a lot with this. :-)

Kristyn Hill
03-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Good topic. Alot my questions answered in here. thank you.

docrobbysherry
03-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Here's the REAL POOP on fem appearing breast size and figures! It needs to balance your bottom! Otherwise, you'll look like an upside down pear on sticks. Even females built like that look odd.

I wear forms from size A to EE+! However, I wear pads to match whatever size I'm wearing!

Here I am wearing size DD forms.:eek:

These r small C's. :brolleyes:

I'm 5' 10" and 155 pounds. So, there u have it!:)

sherri
03-22-2012, 09:24 AM
It's hard to go wrong with a C cup. That said, over time I found that it's nice to have several sizes to fit outfits, moods, occasions, etc. And sometimes I choose no augmentation at all.

Beverley Sims
03-22-2012, 10:39 AM
5' 8" 140lbs 36b or c.

Beverley Sims
03-22-2012, 10:44 AM
5' 8" 140lbs 36b or c.

Cheryl T
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
6', 178# and 42C...fits me nicely and balances with my hips and shoulders

KitCat
03-22-2012, 12:16 PM
This is a good discussion and for the most part I have to say that I think i bought a little on the large side my first try. I think being smaller is easier to work with as long as you are not below the normal cup size for the band size you wear. That is pretty easy to figure out in any department store. The larger forms can look more matronly at times in my opinion and dont we all want to look young and perky? I have since had fittings with a professional in a prosthetic supply shop and a clerk in the hanes/bali outlet can you guess which one was better? Yes I bought a bra for a bit more than a discount store price but it is my absolute favorite and no regrets! the size 6 forms I got still seemed closer to d than c for my 38 size and I measured them out at 500 cc
The fitter took my forms and worked with me to find the right choice. If I had it to do over I would have bought the smaller ones and added a little if I felt it was needed via an insert or a stick on (nubra or similar) I think she could have offered me a lot more choices if I had come in with the smaller forms. Thats my story!

Sue Too
03-22-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm 5-9 ----------165 pounds and wear 42D For me it just feels right!!

joank
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
5'10", 185 and I wear a 36 C under non-cleavege neckline and 34 C under a cleaveage neckline top.

Acastina
03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
... the average woman wears a 36DD bra... Up from a 36C five years ago....

Two-thirds of Americans are overweight, half of those obese, and those numbers have steadily risen in recent years. Nothing else––other than silicone––can explain such an increase.

Barbara Ella
03-22-2012, 01:47 PM
6 ft. 200 pounds. wear a 42 band. I have a small C form, and two different large D (not quite DD) forms for different outfits, and feelings of the moment. I do love pert and perky with some blouses.

Babes

KimberlyJean
03-22-2012, 06:24 PM
If you are going for fun get whatever size you like, if you want to pass in public look at the women in your family how big are their breasts? My Mom, cousins, and Aunts all have larger breasts so I went a little bigger than I orginally intended 38DD but I think it works with my genetics(if I had been born a girl).

Kaz
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
A recent Good Housekeeping poll shows the average woman wears a 36DD bra... Up from a 36C five years ago.... So either the average woman is getting larger. Or only large breasted women now buy Good Housekeeping? Personally a 36C fits my 5'9"... 175 lb body and looks very appropriate. And fits the clothing I like to wear.

Marketing mess with the sizings depending on what women think they want! Women want bigger boobs... let's change the sizings so that our bra size meets their perceived needs. Sadly, I am not joking. This is true.

Jessica86
03-22-2012, 11:27 PM
For the tall girls here, I wear a 36DDD pocket bra with matching forms. What is so nice about it, is most bras vary. The 38DD pocket bras work ok as do 36E. Its a great size to target. 6'06" and 200 even. I think it looks good.

Eryn
03-23-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm 6'2", 165, 38 inch band size, and I'm very happy with my 38B bust. I use Janet's C-girls wide forms in size 6.

They're large enough to be femme, but not so large as to attract undue attention. Tall, athletic GGs don't seem to have large busts.

I wear a size 12 dress and they generally fit very well, with lower necklines staying on or very close to the skin of my chest. With a larger bust, necklines would tend to be held away from the chest, which is good for cleavage if you're a GG, but bad if you have forms that become visible through the gap.