PDA

View Full Version : an welcome but unexpected compliment

kimdl93
03-21-2012, 01:47 PM
I shop at the local Kroger grocery, en femme, at least once every week. By chance, the same young woman has been working as a cashier the past few times I've been there. We've gotten familiar enough to exchange pleasant conversation .

This week she surprised me in a very welcome manner. She observed I didn't have my reusable grocery bags this week, and I responded that I'd left them in our other car. She expressed some surprise that I owned two cars, and I casually responded that it was my wife's car. She paused for a moment, then quietly replied, I didn't realize that you were a man. She smiled then and said, "It doesn't matter to me, you're always so nice!

I couldn't have been happier. She really made my day!

sonna
03-21-2012, 01:53 PM
that is awsome you go girl.

ReineD
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Aww, how nice!! :hugs:

Cynthia Anne
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Very SWEET! Makes for a perfect day every time! Hugs!

KimberlyJean
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
You will have to see if she treats you any different from now on, one of the things I like best about going out en femme is how different I am treated.

ArleneRaquel
03-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Kim,
Very nice, most peolpe that I've meet when I'm out & about while I'm dressed enfemme are very nice. :thumbsup::)

Miriam-J
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I love the way you focus on the positive interactions, Kim. Thanks for the constant encouragement. You've helped me to see all this in a very different light through these updates.

Miriam

kimdl93
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I love the way you focus on the positive interactions, Kim. Thanks for the constant encouragement. You've helped me to see all this in a very different light through these updates.

Miriam

I was reluctant to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or holding my self up in some way. And I certainly realize that getting out isn't for everyone. But a good friend encouraged me to post this experience, so I did after some reflection.

For the record, my posts tend to focus on the positive, because these are the only ones I've experienced. Sure, there have been a few people who've cast a sideways glance in my direction, but never so much as a word of disapproval expressed. In contrast, the people that I really do interact with are always very friendly and receptive. That doesn't mean I'm passing...I take it to mean that I'm giving and receiving positive messages...verbal and otherwise.

Or maybe I've just been lucky.

Chickhe
03-21-2012, 06:11 PM
funny... these days having a wife doesn't actually gaurantee that you are male.

Niya W
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Being that she is a younger women I'm surprised she didn't say the lesbian angle.if you were a GG or full time she would just insulted you .

Marleena
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I think the cashier paid you a great compliment there Kim! :) Whatever you're doing is working, congrats! You also proved that by being yourself she had no issues with you being TG.

RenneB
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
That's one of the best feelin's you can get. Relish in it and share I say. Then I suppose that after that compliment you floated all the way home..... LOL..

Renne.....

Bree Wagner
03-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing. The good feeling will probably stick around for more than a day!

Barbara Ella
03-21-2012, 11:37 PM
So wonderful to read the stories where someone is just being themselves, and people react so favorably. Your honesty in your answer, given the implications must have made the cashier's brain race to sort out all the implications, and with all that going on she gave you the most honest answer possible. i can see her answer leading to further conversations in the future too, as you discuss whether you really are a man, etc.

Just keep on being so nice, and all will be well.

Babes

kimdl93
03-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Being that she is a younger women I'm surprised she didn't say the lesbian angle.if you were a GG or full time she would just insulted you .

Niya, that may have been where her mind went momentarily, but I suspect that she put 2+2 together. that the unusually tall lady with unusually big hands and maybe not the most femine voice has a wife....oh yeah!

PretzelGirl
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
OMG, she said you're a guy! You can't go out anymore! :heehee: Okay, kidding aside, that is great! I would guess that is a result of looks, presentation, and not walking around nervously and waiting to be outed. Just comfortable with yourself. Nice story!

I was reluctant to post this because I don't want to sound like I'm bragging or holding my self up in some way. And I certainly realize that getting out isn't for everyone. But a good friend encouraged me to post this experience, so I did after some reflection.

This site should have both the good and the bad posted. We don't want to lose sight of the reality of what can go wrong, but we also want to know the good that is out there.