PDA

View Full Version : Driving

DCChris
03-23-2012, 12:03 PM
It had not really occurred to me until the other night, but how do you all drive somewhere in skirt and heels?

I'm used to driving with my legs spread eagle in standard guy mode and not wearing shoes that put my feet and legs at disconcerting angles. Going out en femme to drive around a bit was a different challenge I had not thought about clearly....

So, how do you handle this?

Aylineira
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
We're probably not as tall as you are?

Jackiefl
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
ride public transportation lol! just kidding it akes practice.

joank
03-23-2012, 12:10 PM
I have driven in heels, clogs, and sandels with no problem. Pencil skirts do not get caught in doors but full skirts and flare skirts do so you have to be careful with them, as well as long coats.

Karren H
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I actually drive with my legs apart no mater what.... unless I'm wearing a tight skirt. I have noticed I drive better and slower enfemme. Not that I'm scared of getting pulled over... But the longer the trip... The longer I can stay enfemme!! Love those solo 6 hour business trips!! :)

Laura912
03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Also, remember that entering and leaving the car is definitely different. To enter, in a skirt, back in and pivot the legs together underneath the wheel. To exit, pivot the legs out and then stand. Practice.

DonnaT
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I reckon I drive the same in either mode. I've never had a problem with heels, not even with a standard transmission/clutch. Seemed quite easy.

I can't drive with flip-flops on, however.

Stephanie47
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I only wear dresses-no pants. I get into a car by first gathering the skirt of my dress to my thighs and then sitting rump in first. Then I swing legs in and smooth the skirt of my dress. I am a little hesitant wearing really high heels, so I try to stay with a pair of low heels without a spike. There is some fear of getting the narrow heel stuck in the carpet near the pedals. If my dress hits above the knee while standing, it will generally ride up so the cool air caresses my legs. I love it!

Fortunately my height is equally distributed over my legs and torso. With the seat all the way back, I have no problem driving with a weird angle to my legs. I could imagine a person with long legs and a short torso being forced to have the seat forward causing the legs to be forced into an uncomfortable angel.

kimdl93
03-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I sit properly like the lady I am, ;)

NathalieX66
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I make sure that my short skirt or dress doesn't creep too far up while driving. It makes me uncomfortable when the passengers in the bus next to me on the highway are looking down at me while driving on the New Jersey Turnpike.

Beth Mays
03-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I have been driving tractor-trailer for 28 years... I have seen things that simply were NOT meant to be seen in the left lane! and I am talking guys, girls, taco salad, a mail man VERY excited over a magazine, MILF that could not make it home to get started….
Interstate, turn pikes, I-80, city streets, parking lots….. OMG I could tell you some tales!

Cheryl T
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Funny, I never thought it was a problem. I just slide into the seat, keep my knees somewhat together and go.
As for the heels...the only problem I can see is that eventually the heel will dig a hole in the carpet so you had best have a nice mat on the floor.

Eryn
03-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I thought that it would be a problem and I even brought along flats the first few times I went out in heels. I never ended up using them. Strappy sandals, pumps, and even platform wedges don't seem to be much of a problem, even with a stick. They feel a bit different at first, but as long as you are careful you will be fine.

One last thing: Just because you are in the car doesn't mean that your skirt is in the car. Check before closing that door! :)

DCChris
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
So some of you don't bother to keep your legs together as if sitting at a chair? Maybe I was trying to hard and it seemed overly difficult to me.

Jilmac
03-23-2012, 08:03 PM
When driving en femme, I usually drive the same way I sit, with my legs close together, unless I'm driving something with a clutch, then the legs have to come apart when I shift gears. However there are many GGs (and I've seen them from truck cabs) who drive with their legs wide open whether they're wearing a dress, skirt, or jeans, so I guess whether it's GGs or TGs, the choice is comfort or modesty.

Lori B
03-23-2012, 08:16 PM
I make sure that my short skirt or dress doesn't creep too far up while driving. It makes me uncomfortable when the passengers in the bus next to me on the highway are looking down at me while driving on the New Jersey Turnpike.
was that you?!:eek::heehee:

Alice B
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm with Karren on this one./ Love driving dressed, do drive with more caution, but am not afraid of being pulled over. Legs are usually apart and the only hard part is getting out of the car in heels till I re-establish balance.

KimberlyS
03-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Driving in heels is no problem. The only problem is the floor mat can mess up the back of your heels.

Cynthia Anne
03-23-2012, 08:59 PM
I love driving in a skirt! Have been dong so off and on since I was sixteen! It still excites me! Hugs!

RADER
03-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I Agree with Beth,
When I am in the Peter Built, You definitely notice the Left Lane.
And one thing I have noticed is that very few Females drive with their
legs together; at least in the Midwest.
Rader

joanna marie
03-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Also, remember that entering and leaving the car is definitely different. To enter, in a skirt, back in and pivot the legs together underneath the wheel. To exit, pivot the legs out and then stand. Practice.

I do it this way also ,as I thought that it was the proper way to enter a car while wearing a skirt.
but I very seldom see GGs using this method

Would any GGs care to comment

Jenniferathome
03-23-2012, 10:03 PM
It is not at all difficult, manual or automatic. It's the same with the minor difference being your heel is less stable than with men's shoes. A skirt or dress will not impede you at all.

Bree Wagner
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
The challenge I have when the heels are on is cruise control. It just doesn't seem easy to move my foot away from the pedal.

Chloe Renee
03-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Even driving a manual trans I am not spread eagle. My legs aren't touching at the knees but they are not wide open either. The only problem I have run into is when double clutching, some of my "nicer" heels have slipped off the pedal mid shift.

Krististeph
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Practice practice practice. If you are stopped by the cops- immediately explain you are crossdressing- let them know why what they see is not 'clicking'- also make sure you tell them you are telling them because you understand that this is a probably unique situation for them- and that you are not intending to mislead them in any way, although our general focus is in fact to represent our gender as to what we mentally feel we are- the law enforcement officer will be very likely to work with you-- tell them the truth right off the bat-- they really appreciate this-

Wearing a skirt suit and 3" heeled boots- zipping along on backroads (in Illinois they are usually quite straight and flat) at anywhere between 100-130, quite fun, and darned if it does not focus your attention! just remember- every 10 mph increase- you double your likelihood of an accident-- and there is never any excuse for endangering others-

Anyone can say they drive fast- but when your car is 'ticking' off heat at the occasional stoplight... well, you know where that comes from.

so much easier to speed in a cessna- though not as much room to 'adjust'.

kelsey52
03-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I will do what I call a scary excited drive once in a while, I put a lace cami on and a swim skirt bottom with a pair of heels of course and I just drive around and maybe get a drink at the sonic or drive thru and watch the reactions I get, it just fun to do sometimes.

5150 Girl
03-24-2012, 11:49 AM
driving positon should be about comfort. if you're comfortablre in heels, you can drive in them, or take a pair of flats and change as you enter and exit the vehicale. you steering wheel and such wil also help provide a monicum of modesty....

Frédérique
03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
It had not really occurred to me until the other night, but how do you all drive somewhere in skirt and heels? I'm used to driving with my legs spread eagle in standard guy mode and not wearing shoes that put my feet and legs at disconcerting angles. Going out en femme to drive around a bit was a different challenge I had not thought about clearly. So, how do you handle this?

I don’t wear heels when I drive (I don’t wear heels period, but that’s another story). Therefore, I have no problem with shoes, and I drive a Jeep with a standard transmission. As for skirts, I have a lot of fun pushing my legs TOGETHER, over to one side, letting the air (warm or cool) flow up under whatever blessed femme garment I am wearing at the time. I actively avoid any male body gestures, or ways to sit appropriate to my sex (birth gender, for all you PC advocates), simply because doing so would insult the skirt! It’s fun to take the “male” out of the exercise of driving simply by making these subtle changes. I know one thing – when I drive en femme I’m extremely alert! Vulnerability reigns, and I love it...
:battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
03-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I have MY 3 rules of driving dressed. (I did A LOT OF IT in Vegas last year!)

1. Pull your skirt in BEFORE u shut the door!

2. Take OFF my 5+" heels!

3. Take OFF my mask! (You'd be SURPRISED how reluctant I am to do that. As it requires taking off my wig first!)

Jackiefl
03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Radar i was told long ago peterbilt a truck for a man to drive. lol

Gabby
03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
I haven't gone out fully dressed yet, but I do occasionally take a pair of heels with me to drive in. I'm definitely more cautious with heels on, but after about 10 minutes, it's second nature to me. My wife hates that it's so easy for me, especially because all of my heels are taller than hers LOL!

lingerieLiz
03-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Way back, when I started driving dressed air conditioning was not in my cars. So I was forced to drive in summer with the windows down and my skirts pulled up. It was really rough because usually your slip's lace was clearly visable. I'm sure that I made a many a truck driver's day.

One afternoon, I pulled up to a toll both dressed and handed the gg attendant paper money expecting to get 75 cents back. She said she was sorry but did I have 25 cents since she was out of change. It was a little used exit and she had to wait for them to bring change. I said sure and pulled out my change bag. As I handed it to her I asked if she needed change and she said she did. So I dumped my change out into my skirt and counted out several dollars and handed them to her one at a time. When I had pulled up my slip was showing about 3 inches. Counting the coins caused the dress to slide so that a good 6 inches showed. The attendant was leaning out her window and talking to me as we counted and could easily see what I was wearing but never said a word. As we finished she said thanks.

Daphne Renee
03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
I have never tried driving in tall heels like that. nothing taller than a couple of inches while driving.

crossdressersfriend GG
03-29-2012, 09:19 AM
OMG! I never realized what fun it would be to go out dressed even if it's just for a ride in the car!

suchacutie
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
ok, so 5" heels really can be different, especially in an emergency. It's just easy to drive in flats and change into your heels as you exit the car. Instead of driving gloves, we now have driving flats :)

tina

DCChris
03-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Well, I went for broke and left Long Island for Philly a couple hours away in a dress and 5" heels. Took a little adjusting, but managed it. Made sure the dress was under me and not caught in the door, etc. The occasional stop and go traffic was a little rough. I do know I wouldn't want to do this often, lol. Thanks for all the advice, especially Krististeph -- I was determined not to get stopped by the police even though traffic was running at least 15 mph over the speed limit, but her post allowed me to know what I should do in case. And after awhile driving, it didn't seem to matter much (to other drivers) how far apart my legs were while driving.

Lorileah
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I close the vent right under the steering wheel in the summer because I get cold "down there". I don't drive any different even though I have noticed that more women than men drive in the 10-2 position. I still hold the when in one hand, usually near the bottom and often because of that my rings catch my hose. Instead of learning a new way to drive, I don't wear hose. Crisis solved. I would have to sit in the back seat to stretch my legs out while driving.

Cristi
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
If I'm in a flowing long skirt, I usually sit just as I would in pants. Legs maybe slightly apart, whatever is comfortable. On the other hand, if I'm in a skirt suit, tighter skirt or something more form fitting, I will tend to try to keep my knees together just because it tends to be more comfortable, and if you let your legs move too far apart in a skirt like that it will hike its way up in NO time.

It IS nice on a really hot day to have that extra 'climate control' of being able to pull your skirt up a bit more if you are hot, or down more if you get too chilly...

StaceyJane
03-29-2012, 04:20 PM
First I make sure my skirt isn't caught in the door. After that driving in a skirt and heels seems so natural I don't notice.

joandher
03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Funny, I never thought it was a problem. I just slide into the seat, keep my knees somewhat together and go.
As for the heels...the only problem I can see is that eventually the heel will dig a hole in the carpet so you had best have a nice mat on the floor.

,That's funny , my wife was cleaning the car out when she said to me Why have we always got a small hole below where the accelerator pedal is ,I just said it must be the pressure point, I didn't tell her it was from my heels

Maria 60
03-29-2012, 07:58 PM
When i first started driving and dressing my wife and myself would take country drives and on quit streets i would get out and she would take pictures of me, one day i had a long skirt on and when i got out the heel of my shoe got caught in the bottom of the skirt, so when i got up the skirt stayed down with the shoes and i got up with the skirt down on the floor and i kept trying to lift the skirt but it was caught in the heel. My wife said, thank God that never happened to her and that`s why it`s not a good idea to go commando when wearing a skirt.

CarlaC71
03-30-2012, 11:09 PM
i usually wear western boots with my outfits, so that's not so much a problem, skirt short doesn't hang up, but I need to tuck it under when I sit, and adjust it when I get out. Always worried when i have truck or suv next to me, they can see right down on my panthosed legs, adds to the excitement of the experience. I keep my legs closer together in female driving mode than i do as a man, there's a definate change of mindset when I'm in different character.