PDA

View Full Version : I shaved my legs... Heresy!

JamieG
03-24-2012, 01:05 PM
I shaved my legs a few days ago and... it was a non-event. Birds did not start singing, I did not feel magically refreshed, and no, wearing stockings did not suddenly feel 10x better. I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic? Sure, it certainly didn't suck and I do like the way my legs now look in sheer hose (no base layer of tan opaque tights, huzzah!). But was it some sensual, out-of-body experience? No. :eek:

Teri Ray
03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Gosh I can hardly believe that you dont find the new smoothness of having shaved legs something you don't find delicious

tiffanyjo89
03-24-2012, 01:11 PM
You might be more girl than you thought. ;)

eternal-c
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Maybe as she was shaving she thought "Now I am going to have to do this all the time" and so it went immediately into "Chore" mode. ;)

Victoria StJohn
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Jamie, I'm sorry you didn't get that "some sensual, out-of-body experience". Truly, a missed experience. IMHO

danalynnts
03-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Ive been shaving my legs for years and thanks to hrt I dont have to do it as often; but everytime I do and wear anthing over them or get between silk sheets its like nothing ive ever felt!

BLUE ORCHID
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi Jamie , Maybe the rest of us have it all wrong.

Kristyn Hill
03-24-2012, 04:15 PM
never have but plan on it soon. will report to the forum as soon as I do.

Miriam-J
03-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Jamie, you're not alone ... despite appearances from responses on this thread. I was also disappointed by the experience. Really didn't live up to the billing, but perhaps I just didn't use the right hose. More likely it depends on your own sensuality.

My wife doesn't like it as much either. Unless I shave the legs at least every day they get prickly, which sure isn't pleasant for her (or me). Instead I stick with long skirts, which I actually enjoy more anyway.

Miriam

JamieG
03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi Jamie , Maybe the rest of us have it all wrong.

Ah, yes. That makes sense. I'm not crazy, all of the rest of you are! :devil:

Jamie, you're not alone ... despite appearances from responses on this thread. I was also disappointed by the experience. Really didn't live up to the billing, but perhaps I just didn't use the right hose. More likely it depends on your own sensuality.

My wife doesn't like it as much either. Unless I shave the legs at least every day they get prickly, which sure isn't pleasant for her (or me). Instead I stick with long skirts, which I actually enjoy more anyway.

Miriam

Thanks for the support. I was afraid I was going to be run out of town for not towing the party line! :heehee:

Gabby
03-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I've never shaved my legs, but two weeks ago I got them waxed and they are just now starting to grow back. I've loved it so much these past two weeks, I plan on getting them waxed again as soon as they get long enough.

Noemi
03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Shaving legs and painting toe nails makes me happy. Previously I had been epilating, but have been injured(broken shoulder, OUCH!!) these last few months and shaving is easier for me.
I will get back to epilating again, but that kinda hurts too much, plucking, especially on the tummy and chest. But it will keep the hair away for a few weeks. Once you get it all cleared it is way better than shaving, no stuble or ingrown hairs.
Did you paint you toosties too? I found I do not like to wear pantyhose and like bare legs better. having no body hair is a lovely feminine feeling for me.

Gabby
03-24-2012, 06:24 PM
@Filomena Two days after I got my legs (and most of the rest of my body) waxed, my wife painted my toenails...the only downside is that I have two kids and I have to wear socks all the time, so I can't see my toes!

JessHaust
03-24-2012, 10:22 PM
I shave my legs when I going out, usually once or twice a week. I'm never disappointed, but then I'm not expecting stars, or euphoria, I'm expecting my legs to look good under a skirt. I like that they are shaved, they have been that way for over a year, so Im more than used to it.

Vickie_CDTV
03-24-2012, 10:47 PM
It might depend on how nasty your hair was before you started shaving. For me, it was a night and day difference.

darla_g
03-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Jamie having to shave them is no great thrill, but i think the feeling when you put stockings or pantyhose on is really amazing. and then when my wife runs her leg against mine ...well.......

KellyJameson
03-24-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm cursed with skin that is overly sensitive to touch, cannot tolerate wearing wool, must wash new clothes to make them soft before I wear them and remove the tags on shirts because they scratch my neck. Having smooth skin increases my sensitivity but in a good way much like caffeine calms me because I have elements of ADHD. I think it depends on each persons nervous sytem, for some the effect can be intoxicating and for others no noticable difference in the sensation. At the very least the appearance of a well formed hairless leg is aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

goodnhose
03-24-2012, 11:26 PM
To me, fresh shaved legs and pantyhose is a very sensual feeling.

Ally 2112
03-24-2012, 11:42 PM
I was going to stop shaving but now im not sure .I just might keep doing it to force my new reality of always wanting shaved legs im happier with them shaved ! .Man we deserve to be happy !!!!

Leslie Langford
03-25-2012, 12:24 AM
As they say, "No pain, no gain". Shaving one's legs falls into the "no pain" category, unless one is the type of CDer who is prone to nicks and cuts. or else agonizes over what others might think or say once they notice that their legs are hairless.

Waxing and/or epilating are the real deal. Yes, they are more painful alternatives, but they have no equals when it comes to leaving one's legs totally hairless and silky smooth. Regrowth of the hair is far slower than when one shaves, there is no stubble, and the hair comes in much finer afterwards. Over time, it also generally becomes much more sparse than before - almost to the point of non-existence if one is genetically disposed (and lucky!) that way.

As for that delicious nylon-on-skin feeling, try on a pair of sheer or ultra-sheer pantyhose (15 denier or thereabouts) as opposed to the run-of the-mill stuff. I recently did, and was amazed at the difference.

kelsey52
03-25-2012, 08:03 AM
I have been wearing boy shorts now with shaved legs and no one says a thing, I started this winter and just kept shaving I dont think I will ever go back to hairy legs. I love my legs this way. I dont have to wear panty hose to cover up my hair now I just love it, beleive me this was a very big big big step for me.

Piora
03-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Quite simply, it was an out-of-body experience for me.

After wearing stockings for almost all my CDing life - and pantyhose in the last year - I always hated how my legs looked with hair. After I shaved the first time (and after patching up my wounds :doh:) I couldn't believe how wonderful they felt and looked, even without hose. Up until that point, I had never felt feminine with hairy legs - but now, I did. I could not go back to the way I was.

prettytoes
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
I started shaving my legs in October, and I still love the way they feel just after being shaved! it is also much easier to apply sunscreen and lotion to them, plus they look much better in a mini skirt or capris. Don't think I'll be able to go back to hairy legs.
Sorry to hear you didn't "get the feeling"!

Tamara 5
03-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Hi every body, I have found that by using a hair remover cream the day before you shave and the next day soak in a hot bubble bath for about a half hr. this doesn't only relax you and your whole body but softens the skin then you shave your legs to remove the hair that you missed with the cream. you won't believe how smooth and sexy your legs feel hope this works for you .

Lynn Marie
03-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I shaved my legs a few days ago and... it was a non-event. Birds did not start singing, I did not feel magically refreshed, and no, wearing stockings did not suddenly feel 10x better. I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic? Sure, it certainly didn't suck and I do like the way my legs now look in sheer hose (no base layer of tan opaque tights, huzzah!). But was it some sensual, out-of-body experience? No. :eek:

Yeah Jamie, me too. I realy didn't have all that much hair on my legs to start with especially on my calves. So really just knees and thighs. It does allow me to wear 15denier stockings so that's nice. Otherwise, no big deal!

Eryn
03-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I shaved my legs a few days ago and... it was a non-event. Birds did not start singing, I did not feel magically refreshed, and no, wearing stockings did not suddenly feel 10x better. I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic?

Nope. In fact it puts you much closer to the GGs that we CDers revere so much. When was the last time you heard a GG talking about how great it was to shave her legs? They view it as a chore that has to be done, not as a sensual experience.

Familiarity breeds contempt and a task that many of us found exotic and sensual quickly becomes boring when repeated over and over. Like GGs, we stick with it because the results look good.

cdterri
03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I found that shaving actually took away from some of the sensation of a skirt or dress brushing against my skin. All I do now is use a hair clipper to shorten the hair over my entire body. Still looks decent but gives the sensation I love.

KaTanya
03-25-2012, 06:58 PM
If shaving is that underwhelming, it's time for you to step up to the big girl's table and epilate.

muzzy
03-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I shaved my legs yesterday for the first time and my girlfriend thinks that I'm hot to trot..gotta love that girl xoxo

StacyPump
03-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I've not ever shaved my legs...but I cannot wait for the opportunity to try it!

CarlaC71
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM
The first time I shaved my legs was a thrill, one of those "no going back" moments, and it made wearing hose feel so much smoother and natural fo me. I often try to use Nair, but that seems to get messy, so I often just use razors. I nick myself periodically,but getting better with each time.

JamieG
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
I've been moisturizing ever since I shaved, and I'll admit it is pleasant to know my legs are smooth, even my drab clothes feel a little different. However, I'm still waiting for that moment of ecstasy. I'm planning on shaving again and wearing sheer stockings at the Keystone conference this Saturday. We'll see if I fee differently after that.

If shaving is that underwhelming, it's time for you to step up to the big girl's table and epilate.

Oh, yeah sure. Of course ripping the hairs out one by one is sure to give me that magical feeling I missed. What are you, some kind of masochist? :D

Beverley Sims
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Some body told me you only shave your legs to remove hair?
I don't have any on my legs.:)

Ari333
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
well golly jamie, maybe it could be that the skin on your legs is not that sensitive. but I know that the feeling of sheer stockings on my baby smooth legs is electric! :o of course now you face the worse part, the itchy stubble of growing back! I don't shave anymore though, too much work. I like Veet.

sterling12
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I would suggest a possible neuropathy? I think it might be nerve damage on the skin of your legs.

It would also help if your not wearing woolen stockings! Warm weather is already here in at least parts of The Country, maybe it's time to wash them out, and put them away for another season.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Jenniferathome
03-27-2012, 01:58 PM
And to those still concerned about beng seen with shaved legs. I am presently in Hawaii. Shorts nirvana. At the pool, of the approxImately 100+ males I have seen, I alone have shaved legs. No one has even hinted at recognition. It just doesn't matter! Before you shave, just ask your wife or at least discuss it. It seems to matter to them.

minalost
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
I've had smooth legs for a year or better. I must say my first experience wasn't as "cosmic" as some, but there is no doubt that mentally, or maybe emotionally, it was very moving. As someone has already said: "it was a no going back moment" in my movement down the crossdressing path. I do love the look and I don't have to wory about trying to somehow hide the icky man hair on my legs. The feel of moisturizing after I've eplilated, however, IS over the top! My legs feel smooth as glass, and I can just feel my skin sucking up the moisture: it tingles! Does it start to fall into the "it's a chore" catigory? Sure. But then I just start to think about how good the mosturizing feels, and how good my legs look, and about how much harder it will be if I let it go too long, and I'm right there with the epilator. And epilating is much superior to shaving: shave once a day, or epilate once every ten - twelve days? Stubble or no stubble? Cuts and nicks or a little stinging (and it is just a little! - for me at least...)?

Launa
03-29-2012, 10:53 PM
I feel pretty darn good when I shave, I feel even better if I get waxed which I have only had the opportunity to do once. My SO shakes her head at me if she sees me totally shaved so I haven't done it for a bit. Hey summer is almost here, maybe now its time to get waxed! Yee ha!

tara t
03-30-2012, 07:06 AM
i love my legs shaved, my wife isnt that keen on it though,she likes hair :-( .it gets a bit nervy going to the pool and during hospital visits with them shaved too.
ill prob shave them again soon anyway :-) .

jillleanne
03-31-2012, 06:18 AM
I rarely wear department store hose but when I do, the sensation on the legs is numb compared to the feeling I get from wearing fine RHT hose I am accustomed to wearing. Yes they cost more and require more caution when putting on so as not to cause a run, but the feeling on the legs is incredible. Spoil yourself with a pair of fine hose and maybe you will discover the difference, then again, maybe you won't, and remember, the more you do anything, the less sensation you will get over time whether it be the feeling from clothing or the breath-taking scenery of your home town when you first saw it.

mykhelee
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
I would say the level of increase sensation depends greatly on how much hair you have....I am covered in a light fur when I don't shave...it is difficult to see the skin on my legs through the forest...as I usually am an Autumn-Spring saver, by the time I shave again in October the feeling will be new and shiny again...just like my stockings.

stephenieb
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I know what you mean. When my legs are shaved, I love it.

Lesley_Roberta
05-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I shave so that I am not a gorilla.

It gives me no thrill, it is indeed a chore. It's no different (to me) than brushing teeth, washing hair, trimming finger nails.

I do it only because most girls don't have hairy legs if they expect to look reasonable.

cathie pantyhose
05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
for me it was a better experience. I loved how nylons felt on my smoth legs, i loved the cool bed sheets against my skin, I loved the breeze on my skin and not the tickle of hair moving, i love feeling another pair of smooth legs against mine especially after a great shave or epil. i'll never go back to leg hair but after almost 10 years of epil hair removal it may look worse. smooth all the way!

YorkshireRose
05-22-2012, 03:28 PM
We are all different but personally the feel of a skirt or dress or satin sheets on freshly "deforested" legs is amazing ;)

rian
05-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I think one of my best moments is looking at my shaved legs after putting a sexy lingeries afterwords ...try it and then look ...exposing your legs after a shave by wearing a string with a babydoll or a very short skirt ...you feel you want to show your lover how beautiful you are ....try it

Karen Francis
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
It seems to come down to a matter of expectation. When I first did it - in the late 1970's, there was no internet to give me any idea of what to expect. I just did it, enjoyed the difference, but didn't notice the earth tilting on its axis. It is more comfortable, especially with the dance tights I prefer to wear as much as possible. But what is more important is whether Jamie is happy with the outcome...able to express one more bit of her feminine side with more internal satisfaction than anything else. And I hope that is what happens. And your dance attire, even in the male mode you attend classes in with thicker tights as worn by male dancers will feel better...

GinaMarie
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
I have shaved my legs a few times but have avoided doing so after being caught by my older brother at home with my legs shaved last week. In public, no one notices it unless I wear long pants. I do understand how much of a chore it is, at least in my case. With long legs and a barely flexible body, it's too easy to miss a spot or two and accidentally cut myself.

Mythic
05-22-2012, 11:22 PM
I just shaved my legs today lol. I didnt have some big sensual rush or anything. But because I have rather hairy legs that were now smooth I felt more feminine.

katie_barns
05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I have been shaving my leg and armpits for a number of years. I still have a mental issue with wearing shorts with shaved legs [boy mode]. I don't think anybody notices or cares but each summer I let my lower legs and pits grow out. [I know it's just in my head] Come October 1st it all comes off again until spring.

Erin McShea
05-23-2012, 07:20 AM
:
Maybe as she was shaving she thought "Now I am going to have to do this all the time" and so it went immediately into "Chore" mode. ;)

Hahaha....:heehee:

Sally24
05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Just like having electrolysis on the face is a different experience for many I think subtle differences in our nerves and how our brain processes the signals can explain this. I have always been very sensual and sensitive. I love that I mostly have soft skin and even more so now that I use plenty of moisturizers. I feel very clean, smooth, pretty, sensuous, and a multitude of things after I have shaved. It really does help put me in a girl state of mind. I'm sorry that many do not experience this but I am very glad that I do!

JamieG
05-23-2012, 11:32 AM
I realize I never posted back here. As I promised, I shaved my legs (and pretty much everywhere else) for the Keystone TG conference in March. I even used a ladies razor in the shower to get the last few hairs that my electric shaver refused to remove. It certainly felt very feminine and I loved being able to slide on some sheer hose to go with my evening gown. I adored the look, but no, it still wasn't a magical mind-blowing moment. Contrary to some hypotheses, I am a very tactile person, and love the feel of silky fabrics. Maybe my hair is just so fine that it doesn't impede the sensation much even when its there. On the other hand, I could have also been thinking subconsciously about my wife's feelings on the matter. In fact, a few weeks later we had a bit of a fight over the shaving issue. She finds shaved legs a huge turnoff. I suppose since it wasn't a huge deal for me, I can live with hairy legs for a while, at least for the summer.

Beverley Sims
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Sometimes I wish I had hair on my legs so that I could feel what it is like to shave it off .:)

EllieOPKS
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
You may be a cyborg! Do you have a tendency to wear a black leather jacket and sun glasses at night? Are you looking or Sarah Connors????

ReineD
05-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I know this is different from what we've heard a thousands time before here, so does that make me some sort of CD heretic? Sure, it certainly didn't suck and I do like the way my legs now look in sheer hose (no base layer of tan opaque tights, huzzah!). But was it some sensual, out-of-body experience? No. :eek:

It's OK. lol

I don't go into raptures when I shave my legs either. And neither does my SO. As several people have mentioned here, it's a utilitarian thing, like brushing teeth or washing hair.

BillieJoEllen
05-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Jaimie, you might do well to look at Sterlings post. I used to really get a buzz on when I'd shave my legs. Since the early 90s I hardly get any sensation at all. Why? Diabetes. I've had major nerve damage done to my legs as a resuly of it. Please get yourself checked out. It can't hurt.

natacsha
05-23-2012, 03:49 PM
A while back i had bought a pair of the cutest shorts and i got tired of wearing hose to cover up the hair. So i shaved. Putting those shorts on with some 4 1/2" pumps and seeing and feeling my legs was toxic!

Melissa_59
05-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Shaving legs and painting toe nails makes me happy.

I tried painting my toe nails but the roller got paint all over the carpet.

victoriamwilliams1
06-15-2012, 10:47 AM
I have been bare legged for so long till I can't remember what it is like to have hairy legs anymore. I do remember that when I first did it it was the best feeling ever and going back to hair on legs is itchy:)

Megan_Renee
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm like you. I don't feel euphoria when shaving my legs; it's just how they should be!

Tracii G
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
My first time shaving my legs wasn't a mind blowing event either.
I do shave them every week or so just because it just feels better to me.YMMV

Xrys
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
It is not that I feel good when I shave. It is because I feel gross when I don't. I never have liked my bodyhair, and I never will. I like to view myself as being atractive, and letting my bodyhair grow is counterproductive to that goal. For me, it is either shave, or cover up, and during a 110 degree Arizona summer day, I ain't covering up.

Thera Home
06-30-2012, 09:05 AM

Jaime
I think what has happened is that you have become complacent with your lady self and everything is becoming mundane. sort of like wearing a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Is this what happens when we get what we desire? I perfer keeping it exciting like putting her away and bringing her out at a later date. Only problem is that darn fog just keeps floating around for days it seems. What a thrill when she comes out though.

Thera

Unsuremayb
07-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I’m ‘hair less’ from top to toe, the only hair on me is on my head, (and not much of that now). I shave at least twice a week and as yet I don’t think of it as a chore, I could not go back to being hairy. I live alone and work from home so no problems there and even in the summer when there’s more of me showing so to speak I have never had anyone comment.

Rebecca W.
07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I too, tend to shave as just a part of my so-called normal routine. It does feel nice because I have coarse hair and it really feels better in the summer too! I do a lot of work outdoors and I can really find the ticks fast now, an added bonus!

Shaving is just a preference that men and woman do if they want to do it. I am not more feminine when I am smooth, but I look and feel better when I am smooth.

bobbimo
07-02-2012, 08:09 AM
I cant believe it!.
When I shaved mine it was just amazing. and the best part was laying in bed with my wife 'spooning', and rubbing our smoothly shaved legs together.
Just heaven.
And it was so nice to NOT see hair sticking out of my hose too.

RainyNightGirl
07-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Oh, I used to have them waxed....but problem is the hair needs to grow back a bit before re-waxing, so i usually shave every couple of days. But its still a magical experience to have sheer 7 denier tights on fresh shaved legs....ooooh

Natasha

Kaz
07-02-2012, 03:47 PM
For me it isn't a mind-blowing experience, it just feels great! Comfortable in general, although you have to keep shaving because when those b*****s come back they itch! Sometimes cold in Winter, so you wear tights under your trousers/pants/jeans whatever... but I love the feeling... not mind-blowing I admit except for when we are 'in the mood' and I guess we are prone to exaggeration... Utilitarian... yeah. This is how I am now. I have a major problem with body hair on me... I love being clean shaven. It feels more 'natural'...

JamieG
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Wow, this thread has legs (bad pun intended).

It's OK. lol

I don't go into raptures when I shave my legs either. And neither does my SO. As several people have mentioned here, it's a utilitarian thing, like brushing teeth or washing hair.

I'm like you. I don't feel euphoria when shaving my legs; it's just how they should be!

My first time shaving my legs wasn't a mind blowing event either.
I do shave them every week or so just because it just feels better to me.YMMV

Thanks to all of you for confirming that I'm not alone in this feeling.

Jaime
I think what has happened is that you have become complacent with your lady self and everything is becoming mundane. sort of like wearing a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Is this what happens when we get what we desire? I perfer keeping it exciting like putting her away and bringing her out at a later date. Only problem is that darn fog just keeps floating around for days it seems. What a thrill when she comes out though.

Thera

Thera, that might be a good explanation if I dressed and shaved regularly. Instead I dress a few times a month (at best) and I'm talking about the first time I shaved my legs, ever (I had shaved my arms and chest a few times before that, though).

I cant believe it!.
When I shaved mine it was just amazing. and the best part was laying in bed with my wife 'spooning', and rubbing our smoothly shaved legs together.
Just heaven.
And it was so nice to NOT see hair sticking out of my hose too.

I suppose it helps to have a wife who likes smooth legs on her partner. Mine can't stand it. If she did, I'm sure that would be lovely.

I tried painting my toe nails but the roller got paint all over the carpet.

Well I suppose that better than using a spray can. :heehee:

You may be a cyborg! Do you have a tendency to wear a black leather jacket and sun glasses at night? Are you looking or Sarah Connors????

I refuse to answer that question now, but...

I'LL BE BAACK. :devil: