PDA

View Full Version : Climbing the walls!

Gemma Rhodes
11-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi Girls,

This will be the 3rd day that I have been unable to dress properly and it is driving me up the wall. I am on "standby" to help my dad after his release from hospital and it will be sods law that if I do dress fully and do make-up then mum will ring as soon as I have finished so I am not risking dressing until a carer is sorted for my dad but I am now climbing the walls.

When there are no restrictions I like to dress as often as possible and when I can't it realy gets to me. Do any of you get stressed when you can't dress for a period of time or can you turn your CDing desires on and off when you like.

Gemma xx

Adrianne
11-04-2005, 04:03 AM
I hate it when i can't dress, i hope your dad gets well soon.
All the best.

cathy b
11-04-2005, 06:49 AM
a little but on the other hand it be that much better when you can.

cindybarnes
11-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Sometimes I may dress at home 10 nights in a row, and sometimes I go that long not dressing.
It doesnt bother me too bad but what helps is thinking/looking for a new outfit to wear when I finaly do get some quality Cindy time again :)

Cindy

Shelly Preston
11-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Hi Gemma
As always the family must come first.
Best Wishes to your dad I'm sure all of us wish him well.

I know its stressful when you cant dress.
I start to get grumpy when it happens to me, which is not normally like me.
I have to concentrate on what I'm going to wear, when the opportunity arises ,and just accept that I can only wear the sexy underwear for the time being.
It only makes the ability to dress much more rewarding.

Take Care

TGMarla
11-04-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes, I have to admit, when times do not permit me the opportunity to "girl it" for at least a short while, it has a negative effect on me. But one has to persevere as best one can. Even a pair of pantyhose under my guy stuff for a short while feels good. It's not like wearing a nice dress for a while, but patience is a virtue, and it's not everyone else's fault that I desire to dress like a woman. So bearing this in mind, I try not to take it out on others. But I empathize with you.

Nikki Dee
11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Hi. Gemma...3 DAYS..!!!...THREE DAYS..!!!...I get withdrawal symptoms after 24 hrs max.!!...but I am a hopeless case and there is no cure (thankfully)
Love Nikki. xx

Emily Ann Brown
11-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Last two dry spells were 4 weeks and 3 weeks. I never am totally in drab (stockings on today under my slacks). I am 72 hours currently from last being in full dress/makeup. So yes, I can turn it off for about 2 weeks before I have to go shopping or get cranky.

Emily Ann

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I suppose I'm lucky in that I can go quite awhile without dressing if need be. But I definitely sympathize with those who can't.

Gemma, I hope your father gets better soon, and you also get a chance to dress. Perhaps a little underdressing might take the edge off.

:gh:

Yuka
11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
There are times when my landlord pays a visit and I am unable to dress up. Not even God can understand the misery I have to go through.

Gemma Rhodes
11-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Perhaps a little underdressing might take the edge off.

:gh:

Tried that Darla but its not the same, I now find I have to dress fully with wig, make-up etc. I feel there is a girl inside me and I just love to look like a girl on the outside too. At the minute its all or nothing for me im afraid.

Gemma xx

Wendy me
11-04-2005, 04:06 PM
well it's not fun when you can't dress the way you want to just rember the reason your not dressing the way you want ... but in the long term rember that your soooo doing something to be there for your dad ....and girlfreind thats soooooooooo mutch a good thing be there and be ready for him if he needs you ....hang in there girlfreind your time is comming...........

Maddie Nolan
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I don't generally get to dress that often and there can be instances when I get grouchy. Having said that, for the most part I get by quite happily by looking forward to the next time I can dress and going through what outfit I will wear in my mind.
Sorry to hear your father is unwell Gemma and hope he is feeling better soon for both your sakes.

andreaboots
11-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Hang in there Gemma dear!!! You gotta take care of Pop first then when things settle all will be back to normal!!!:thumbsup: Sometimes the older folks have to come first and I hope there is a lot of love there!!!:<3: I know it's hard because when I couldn't CD I would get a little cranky and seemingly, "out of touch" with myself. But all in all, I do overcome the dry spells with the knowledge that I may resume Cd'ing at some point. Sometimes when I can't dress I at least take an item out and look at it and caress it...Hmmmm...that works ok.:twirl:

Laurie Ann
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Gemma,

I agree with you not dressing for a while causes me to start climbing the walls also, current dry spell is over a month and a half but I did buy a new blouse from Lane Bryant today and hopefully will be able to go out thursday night. I hope everything goes well for your dad.

Dian
11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Tried that Darla but its not the same, I now find I have to dress fully with wig, make-up etc. I feel there is a girl inside me and I just love to look like a girl on the outside too. At the minute its all or nothing for me im afraid.

Gemma xx

Gemma,

It's great you're there for your dad even though it is stressing you. I hope things work out for the best so your inside girl can shine.

I find that when I can't dress for a few days I starting getting more stressed about things. Sometimes if things are going bad at work, I'll run home for lunch just to dress for 20 minutes. I find the day goes so much better afterwards. I do wonder what it would be like to go back to the office dressed in a nice skirt, stockings and 4" heels.:eek:

Joanne_'jojo'
11-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Totally know the "climbing the walls" feeling. My wife has been sick for just over a month, so have had to make do with "girlie" bathtime. Lately I know I've been pretty unbearable to live with and the smallest things at work are making me even more Grouchy.

Luckily tonight she has gone to a scrapbooking party, so took a nice long bath, broke out a new pair of pantyhose (was about to say "tights") and put on a skirt and blouse, even tried to femme up the hair a little.

Boy! (or should I say GIRL) do I feel better, planning on some nice things to do tomorrow together to make up for Mr. Grumpy.

Mrs Happy... Jojo.

Carole
11-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Hi Gemma,
Have you tried partial dressing when at home? Don't forget not all GG's wear the full on make-up at home, so you may be able to just wear undies, hosiery with a skirt and jumper around your house then just change the outer wear if you have to visit your parents place.
Sympathise with you tho'
Love
Carole

KELLYANN
11-06-2005, 04:11 AM
YES GEMMA sometimes life can put a dent in your fender. walk on women!! get those heels a struttin!!!:werd: