PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

Piora
03-25-2012, 05:06 PM
What I mean by that is this: When posting on these forums, I tend to forget that we're almost all actually men on here. But, subconsciously, I read posts and reply to posts on here as a female, or in "female mode" if you like - certainly not the way I would as a man....say, posting on a site that discusses other subject matter, such as politics or that sort of thing. I'm a far different person on this site than I am on other discussion forums. I'm softer, gentler, more forgiving, more understanding, and slower to anger when responding to postings here. I'm not saying that all women behave that way.....but I think it's safe to say that most GGs fit into those categories.

I just find it strange that my personality shifts to my feminine side - even although I'm sitting here in drab clothes. When I post here, I'm posting as Piora, regardless of what I'm wearing.

I know that it probably doesn't hurt that there are so many members here whose avatars show them as very feminine looking, and many could (and do) pass as women, I'm sure. But I was just thinking about this the other day, and realized that I do change personalities when posting on this site.

Silentpartner GG SO
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?

NathalieX66
03-25-2012, 05:29 PM
OK, here's a thought:
Maybe some of us here are transgender.
Some of us like expressing as the other gender. Some of us prefer not being in the gender we're born with. Some of us do like our birth gender but want variation. Some of us are going through, or have gone through the process of changing gender.

Seriously, though....what's so bad about the word transgender?

Silentpartner GG SO
03-25-2012, 05:32 PM
You're not annoying Rose! you have a good sense of humour and you tend to say it like it is - nowt wrong with that - our British humour isnt always understood though is it.

Karen1947
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
I do think of the other members as female and read it in the posts most of the time. And I find myself more tolerant to male attitudes not only here but in my life in general.
When I am at home I am almost always in my night gown and robe no matter what time of day, so when I am here I am sort of dressed. That doesn't mater though, even when I am out as a male I find myself thinking in female mode.

Misti
03-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?

Very interesting post, Piora. Now that you bring it up, I think you are right, at least from my perspective. And SP GG, you bring up a good point, too. I kind of think that I do switch back and forth (I'm still cogitating on that one as I write) between genders based on the clothing I'm wearing (i.e., often forced to wear). Point being. I can feel the road rage as it hits me, vice being hit, and have developed the habit of holding my acrylic nails out in front of me (on the steering wheel, of course, :heehee:) blowing very fast, like I'm drying them, to quickly bring me back into "Me!" And, it's working BTW :D Also, I always am "Me" around the house because I dress 24/7, with the nod of the head from my own "very precious SO" (a GG like you).
BTW Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your beng here supporting those on the forum, and especially your SO. God Bless and keep you, dear one. :love:

whowhatwhen
03-25-2012, 05:36 PM
I'll think/refer to someone as the gender they're presenting as, besides I think there are only a handful of non TG males here anyway.
I'm stuck looking like a man for the time being, but I don't see a difference posting wise.
I am what I am stereotypes aside eh?

Rachel Renee
03-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not always enfemme when reading these forums but I always feel the same, whether I'm dressed or not. I post on lots of forums, Reddit, etc., and there's just one me. I don't need to be dressed in order to feel feminine but mannerisms and body language do flow more freely. I think of the other members here as "she" or "her" because it just seems appropriate. Plus, I know I love being referred to as Rachel, her, or she, even if only on this forum.

Silentpartner GG SO
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Aww, thankyou Misti, thats really sweet of you :hugs:

Inna
thank you Piora for such thought provoking post, just as I like it :D, and following your assumption that most of CDers even when in drab while in here do really think and ethernet-behave as girls or at least softer more sensual then the usual male counterpart.

Now, I pose another question which really is a part B of your question:

Do you think of that other, girly behavior as true, as your own, or is it simply a play on environment, and which is more comfortable????

Piora
I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if you're not dressed?
I've thought about this, and I have found that while I certainly enjoy posting on this site fully dressed the best, my thought process and "mode" is exactly the same, whether I am in drab (which is usually the case, as I don't get to dress as much as I'd like) or enfemme. But I don't think that way when I'm not on this site. It's almost like I automatically enter female mode as soon as I log in.

While I certainly wouldn't call myself a very masculine man (I'm not much for sports and I'm not macho in the least), I certainly feel different while I am posting on here. Right now, for instance.

OK, here's a thought:
Maybe some of us here are transgender.
Some of us like expressing as the other gender. Some of us prefer not being in the gender we're born with. Some of us do like our birth gender but want variation. Some of us are going through, or have gone through the process of changing gender.
Good points, Nathalie. After thinking long and hard about it (and while reading other threads on Transgender) I've decided that I must be. I certainly feel myself changing from one to the other. The times that I do are (1) while I am on this site and (2) while shopping online for clothes :)

Absolutely nothing at all. I'm coming to accept that it defines who I am.

Marleena
03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Great question Piora!

This is one of the only places where I can be a girl. When I'm here the girl side is in full bloom. I feel comfortable here ( no, no split personality). It's like we are all girl friends complimenting each other on our pictures and helping each other out. We do have some beautiful "girls" here so that helps with the illusion.

If we want a reality check that we are actually GM's just look in the picture gallery for the boy/girl transformations.lol.

Inna
03-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Smack in the middle! lol, thanks for bringing up the transgender issue into conversation because, as you know me :eek:, controversy is my middle name......or was it confusia? .........oh well, what was I talking about? oh yeah, word transgender to a CDer seems to annotate form of psychological/clinical condition as suppose to just liking wearing skirts :p

I remember only so well, I dreaded word transsexual my entire life and only when I had nowhere to run I had to accept it, and it also took a while to understand the meaning of this label, I realized that contrary to my believing transsexual didn't mean perverted, but as with mainstream societal misunderstanding and lack of information makes such words resonate dread.

Transgender being spot on with gender and being way more liberal of a word is slowly starting to gain ground but still I think most just dread the connotation!

Kate Simmons
03-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Actually, I think of others as who they are as people not gender per se. In any case besides being a crossdresser, I'm also sometimes a cross crossdresser which is really harder than one may think.;):)

Piora
03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Do you think of that other, girly behavior as true, as your own, or is it simply a play on environment, and which is more comfortable????
Oh, it's definitely mine. While I feel that I do have traits that would be best described as female in nature....as Piora I embrace the feminine aspects of my personality that I tend to suppress while out in the world, coming in contact with others, as a male. Among other things, this site has allowed me to embrace that aspect of my personality. As a closeted crossdresser, I often imagine that if I was out to the world, the way I think (and sometimes act as Piora, even when I'm alone) is how I believe I would be while presenting as a female. While dressed, I act the way a woman would. I don't walk like a man, I walk like a woman, I sit with my knees together, or I don't sprawl out like a man if I'm watching something on TV.

I'm actually very comfortable in both worlds, to be truthful. Obviously, wearing female clothing is very powerful in bringing out that part of me....but I would feel silly if I walked like I was wearing a skirt and heels, while dressed in drab! :heehee:

Kate T
03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
I would like to think of members here as people, beautiful, funny, sometimes obnoxious but all in all people. I would however say that some of the time I look at threads and titles and think "guys in dresses".

My SO says I'm no different dressed femme than male. I certainly don't try to be. Why would I? I'm me. If someone doesn't like it, well, their loss.

muzzy
03-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Before I even come on to this site,I always put on a pretty pair of panties and sexy lingerie and get into the other side of who I am.I not only look different but think differently to all the particular issues xoxo

Piora
03-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Great question Piora!

This is one of the only places where I can be a girl. When I'm here the girl side is in full bloom. I feel comfortable here ( no, no split personality). It's like we are all girl friends complimenting each other on our pictures and helping each other out. We do have some beautiful "girls" here so that helps with the illusion.
Excellent points! You described it exactly. And comfortable says it best. And like you, I really enjoy this site's ability to enable me to try to help members (if I feel that I can) and to be able to see all our members who post pictures, and look so great in them, and to compliment them on them the same way that GGs would! And it also helps me feel more feminine.

If we want a reality check that we are actually GM's just look in the picture gallery for the boy/girl transformations.lol.
Hmmm yes.....it can be a bit mind-blowing, I think! :eek:

Diane Elizabeth
03-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't think of the members as anything as females. My mind is locked into being "female". I sometimes catch myself and have to remember that I am still a "male". Especially at work. I don't consider any of my gf here or in any other group as anything but "females". They are my sisters, one and all.

Kristyn Hill
03-25-2012, 06:58 PM
I am now comfortable enough in my own skin to post as I would in female thinking.

darla_g
03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
I think we make a big deal of this. I know I am not a female, nor do i wish to be one. I do enjoy putting on feminine style clothes, shoes, makeup, wig etc. to attempt to create the illusion of being a female. When I'm on here i find it fun to adopt a female persona and that includes referring to oneself or other members in the feminine pronoun form. At least for me its all for fun.

Eryn
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
When I'm here I'm me. It happens that I can express feminine thoughts here that I cannot express in most venues so I'm probably perceived as female here. I consider the other members here to be female unless they happen to be FTM.

When dressed, I tend to act in a feminine fashion as befits my appearance. When interacting with other TG people I treat them as the gender that they are presenting. This isn't really difficult because this is the way I want to be treated. Besides, feminine modes of social interaction are fun!

Laura912
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Most of the time dressed drab when posting but mentally dressed all the way. I really do not think of the readers as guys in dresses but as females or transgendered people. For example, when referencing someones's name in a post, the mental image of that person is their avatar or a vague female form if no avatar. I see Karren as Karren and not as someone flailing away with a hockey stick. There is only one other forum I go to (it is about cars) and the behavior there is pretty much the same as here. Actually posting is an immersion into the femme and a nice time...generally.

Kayla C
03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
When I am here my brain is en femme even if the rest of me is not.
And I try to see others the way I think they would like to be seen.

Frédérique
03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

I think of the other members, at least in this MtF section, as females, but I also think of them as just VERY interesting human beings, i.e. ones who have courageously done SOMETHING. I’m exactly the same on all discussion forums, although this is the only one I post regularly on. I probably prefer this site because there is plenty to talk (write) about, and I enjoy the company of kindred spirits and/or peers. I’m yielding in any capacity, dressed or not, so it’s just natural to let the effeminacy flow unchecked...
:battingeyelashes:

I'm softer, gentler, more forgiving, more understanding, and slower to anger when responding to postings here. I'm not saying that all women behave that way.....but I think it's safe to say that most GGs fit into those categories.

No comment. I wouldn’t touch that one with an eleven-foot pole (I feel like I’m being watched!)… :worried:

BLUE ORCHID
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi Poira, To me everybody on this forum is a lady and I address them as so.

crossdressersfriend GG
03-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I think everyones female side sort of balances out their male side here?

goodnhose
03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Most definately Yes!

Ari333
03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
When I'm here I'm me. It happens that I can express feminine thoughts here that I cannot express in most venues so I'm probably perceived as female here. I consider the other members here to be female unless they happen to be FTM.

When dressed, I tend to act in a feminine fashion as befits my appearance. When interacting with other TG people I treat them as the gender that they are presenting. This isn't really difficult because this is the way I want to be treated. Besides, feminine modes of social interaction are fun!

that really sums it up for me too erin! I only see "girls" here, unless they present themself as otherwise, and whatever that, I respect. we have or little tiffs and disagreements like everyone, but I really think here we are are more tolerant and polite than any bunch of "guys". :battingeyelashes:

Katesback
03-25-2012, 08:35 PM
To answer your questio, NO I do not see CDs as females. Some put on a good show but theres still a Man at the steering wheel.

GBJoker
03-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I do not see male or female here. I percieve the exact same thing I have always perceived ever since getting onto the internet for the first time. You are all clearly computers with extremely powerful processors and high amounts of RAM, and strong coding, in order to have a near, almost perfectly, random response to anything I type.

STACY B
03-25-2012, 09:01 PM
To answer your questio, NO I do not see CDs as females. Some put on a good show but theres still a Man at the steering wheel.

Dam right ! Cuz most of yall would not talk to me if I called myself some REDNECK name ,, Im lucky anyone talks to me with a girl name ? If you seen me out in piblic you would RUNNNNN ! Cuz Im UGLY ! An scary ,, So I use a little girls name to break the ICE ,,, ICE,,,ICE BABY !!! I always do that dont know why ?

April_Ligeia
03-25-2012, 09:11 PM
This may be ironic, but I don't think about gender on this site. I just think that everyone looks pretty and likes pretty clothes and makeup, like I do.

Miriam-J
03-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Excellent question, Piora. Other than the GGs, I really don't pay much attention to whether someone is male or female on this site. I see them first and foremost as people, just as I would in the workplace.

Each person's writing reveals a great deal about their personal style and attitudes, and that's far more important than how they might be presenting. Some are clearly sensitive and considerate, some of the best qualities that we often connote with female presentation but which are also important characteristics for males. Some are habitually rude, bigoted, and/or inconsiderate, and this too is independent of their presentation. Of course, most are somewhere in between. Presentation as male or female is really a non-issue in this view.

That said, there are some postings that show a clear mix of male and female views. I think especially here of the experience reports where a person is clearly pleased or dismayed at their experiences in the real world while presenting as a female. I enjoy these reports and find them of great value, but have to admit that I see the writer in each as really presenting both male and female for it to make any sense at all.

Miriam

CarlaC71
03-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm new here, so I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I don't really think too much of actual gender when I read a post as I do thinking of how it relates to how I feel or want to feel, like a mutual encounter, for lack of a better phrase.

LeaP
03-25-2012, 09:43 PM
I do not, because most here identify male. I'm aware of the TS and TG members (at least the currently active ones who post frequently) that identify as female or mid-spectrum, and regard them as they regard themselves. I TREAT people as they present but don't confuse that with the reality. To do otherwise would be to retreat into some kind of internet fantasy, and that's not why I'm here.

Lea

Debglam
03-25-2012, 10:02 PM
We start getting into some tricky semantics with this question. Man or woman? Male or female? Masculine or feminine? All are quite different. Since gender seems to be what this is all about. . .

I'm aware of the TS and TG members (at least the currently active ones who post frequently) that identify as female or mid-spectrum, and regard them as they regard themselves. Lea

I agree with Lea and will take this a step further. I treat all individuals as the gender identity they regard themselves as. I do this primarily because I believe that gender identity comes from within and is separate and distinct from the physical body. I can't tell you what you are feeling or experiencing so I'll have to take your word for it.

Secondly, who are ANY of us to decide who is in and who is out or who is real and who isn't? Hell, do any two GG's or GM's feel exactly the same as to what it feels like to me male or female? Sure it is a reach sometimes but if it brings that person peace to be treated as either or no gender, who am I to "correct" them?

Marleena
03-25-2012, 10:08 PM
In response to the MTF crossdressers I do see them as girls since the board is set up that way. If I saw them as men here I wouldn't call them pretty or compliment them.:o So girl mode and thinking for me when I'm here.

susmitha
03-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I imagine that I am female while reading / writing at this site. I love my fem side; but I love my male side as well.

Gabby
03-26-2012, 12:46 AM
I'm new here, so I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I don't really think too much of actual gender when I read a post as I do thinking of how it relates to how I feel or want to feel, like a mutual encounter, for lack of a better phrase.

This post really represents mostly how I feel when I'm reading posts on this site. I come to read the thought provoking threads, and try to determine how they best relate to me and my personal experiences. Being a CD comes with a LOT of questions, and I use these forums to try to find answers.

That said, the longer I am here, the more I pay attention to who is posting, and their individual personalities.

KellyJameson
03-26-2012, 01:04 AM
When I interact with someone I sense their energy and I experience and label this energy as feminine or masculine with each person falling somewhere between these to opposite poles. I usually sense a strong masculine presence for most people on this sight who identify as crossdressers but there are exceptions just as I usually sense a feminine energy from those who identify as transgendered but there are exceptions.

Those that feel masculine to me have a logical, analytical and systemizing presence, it is very distinct.

For me I do not think of someone being male of female but react to their presence, it is how they affect me that decides if I see them (experience them) as male or female. I do this with both sexes, I'm indifferent about what body someone is in, I go straight for the mind.

ReineD
03-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I know that it probably doesn't hurt that there are so many members here whose avatars show them as very feminine looking, and many could (and do) pass as women, I'm sure. But I was just thinking about this the other day, and realized that I do change personalities when posting on this site.

I know what you mean! In comparison to others, I feel more male here than anywhere else, and I'm a GG! :p

Contessa
03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
When I am on this site I am definitely a girl. So I type as a girl I think, cause even when in drab. Then I type to I forget women cause I am looking at their avatar. Everyone sounds and looks feminine but I love them all just the same, of course not sexually but I still love them. Don't need to say anything else.

Tess

suzy1
03-26-2012, 02:33 AM
I am just Suzy. :battingeyelashes: And don’t you forget it!:eek:

noeleena
03-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi,

I live real life being a woman & accepted as one .So what would i expect to see if i met you on the street some of you would be dressed like women & would i know more like not because many of you can carry it off very confincenly till as some say thier voice gives them away,

yet for all that youd be far better looking than i, & very passable,how do i see you's here as people till you tell me wether your male or female,

For some of you in your writeing i see male some i see female & in some of the details we talk about is quite different in how you males talk & write, compared to us woman,

& some answers to ? s can not be answered in the same way part of that difference between male & female .
How would you see myself while walking down the road for some they would be quite unsure, untill you or they talk with me then youd see beyound my looks & then see a female / woman.
So we dont allways give of our selfs in a way that we can be percived as to who we are,

I hope i express my self in a way that you can see i am a woman who is who she says she is,

Of cause this is about being accepted for who we are as people, wether male or female or being different,

...noeleena...

Silentpartner GG SO
03-26-2012, 05:22 AM
I know what you mean! In comparison to others, I feel more male here than anywhere else, and I'm a GG! :p

ditto that Reine - most of 'em have way better clothes than me anywway! :rofl:

Julia Welch
03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I think of myself as a guy ... I have no wish to be a female I just enjoy wearing female clothes ... I cringe whenever one of you calls me gurl of any other similar term.

Miss A
03-26-2012, 07:31 AM
To me everybody on this forum is a lady and I address them as so.
I couldn’t agree more.

RachelZ
03-26-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah, why not? That's what we're all tryng to do anyway

BRANDYJ
03-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Funny, I never gave this question a thought about myself. I've always been just me. Never think of it as male or female whether I am here dressed fem or not. And most times I'm not dressed. The one thing I do when a GG contacts me with questions or comments about her SO, if I know, or feel she is having problems or concerns about her SO and his dressing, I will sign my response to her with my male name and not my Female name. My response to her is that of a man that happens to be a crossdresser, so with certain GG's I use my male name or sometimes sign it "Brandy" aka, Jim. I might even ask her how she wishes to address me, male or female. Most have said they don't care... either or.

Also in posts from a newly discovering GG that may be afraid, wondering or otherwise not fully accepting of her husband or SO's dressing, I will respond to her post calling him a guy and never call him a woman, girl or other female reference to her man.

bimini1
03-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Was at a conference once and Sunday it was time to go. On of the "girls" I had been hanging with showed up at my door in full boy mode and it freaked me completely out. That's when I realized wow I had gotten to know this person totally en femme.

Julie Martin
03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Interesting you should raise this Piora - because for the most part, I tend to think of all the CD'ers here as girls. Occasionally I get a reminder that they are, in fact, guys - normally when a post is made which displays somewhat typical male thinking! lol

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed?

I'll think/refer to someone as the gender they're presenting as, besides I think there are only a handful of non TG males here anyway.

@ Silent Partner GG, what're you trying to say..something wrong with male brain wiring?? JUST KIDDING! My SO and I have fun with that all the time.
@ whowhatwhen..interesting hypothesis, though not the case for me. Julie shows up with a vengeance about twice a year and I embrace her fully with daylong outings..but the other 350 days she is in remission to various degrees, sometimes completely absent for 6-8 months at a time (this is where things have settled out for me after many other phases of this more in tune with what many others describe here). In my case I guess I am an average guy who happens to have ..woman?..occupying a corner of my brain, and occasionally I step in there and assume that personality with all of the outward expressions that go with it.

So my question: would there be any interest in some kind of a poll about assuming or being in "femme mode", mentally and/or clothing wise, while posting on here? I would find that data really interesting, as for me this is not only a place to find support and understanding but also a place to read about a wide range of experiences and different ways of processing CDing, how it affects us, and what place it has in various people's lives. I find this helpful in getting my head around it for myself.

If there is enough interest, I would start a poll if I knew how to do it!

kimdl93
03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Most of the time in my real life, I'm fully dressed and living as a woman. I relate to the other members as women...I don't really think of myself as a male in this setting.

TGMarla
03-26-2012, 09:10 AM
I view all the "ladies" posting here in this section as females. It's sort of a place like a lounge, where no matter what walk of life you have, when you come in here, it's where the girls hang out and talk about things.

Hi girls!

Aylineira
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
This is just one of those things where you have to respect how the CD person feels. If she recognizes herself as female then so be it. If not (like myself) then think of my writings as a guy.

Cheryl T
03-26-2012, 10:08 AM
For the most part, yes, I think of everyone here as being a woman.
I know that for myself I never come here as a male (be it drab or en femme). I'm always Cheryl here. Actually, I'm always Cheryl, just most of the time others can't see that.
After all, we are discussing things that are feminine in nature, clothing, deportment, makeup, etc.

Victoria StJohn
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
In response to the MTF crossdressers I do see them as girls since the board is set up that way. If I saw them as men here I wouldn't call them pretty or compliment them.:o So girl mode and thinking for me when I'm here.

I'm with Marleena with this one.

Stephenie S
03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Do You Think of All Crossdressing Members As Females While Posting On This Site?

No, I do not. But I always refer to others with their female names or pronouns as a simple act of courtesy.

Stephie

Sandra
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM

Yes I do...until I look at comments in the gallery, such as "omg you're hot" "you're so sexy" etc, then I see men posting, females just don't say things like that to each other.

Also don't forget the trans men, with them I see men when they are here on the site.

Badtranny
03-26-2012, 12:14 PM

I kind of agree with this but with a caveat. I consider MOST of the members here to be men INCLUDING transmen*, but there are a few, some I know personally, some I know virtually, some I only know from this board, that strike me as a feminine presence and I can hardly imagine them as men. (hello April and Bree) Even Allie, who is a self professed CD (and I'm fortunate to know in person) doesn't not seem very mannish to me, even when she's in total drab. I have a hard time calling HIM anything but HER because she is a she, to me.

I must have had my fantasy development stunted at a young age because I am keenly aware that it's generally a bunch of dudes inhabiting this board. Maybe that's why the lesbian, and bi when dressed remarks hit me so weird.

*an exception must be noted for Transmen. I am in awe of them. I have met several in person and those are dudes with absolutely no doubt. I don't know why but FtM guys are the real deal, and most of the MtF girls are not. One of my closest friends is a GG who CD's and her masculine energy is off the charts, (and hot). I tell her that she is more of a man than I ever was and it's absolutely true. Transmen are spectacular.

suzy1
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM

Yes I do...until I look at comments in the gallery, such as "omg you're hot" "you're so sexy" etc, then I see men posting, females just don't say things like that to each other.

Also don't forget the trans men, with them I see men when they are here on the site.

'females just don't say things like that to each other.'

I thought lesbians did Sandra.:strugglin

Suzy, a lesbian trapped in a mans body?:heehee:

Badtranny
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought lesbians did Sandra.:strugglin

Suzy, please don't take offense but there is the constant comparison of CD's and lesbians around here as if they were somehow comparable.

Lesbians are not men in women's bodies. They are for the most part regular women who happen to love other women romantically. They think, act, and emote like their hetero sisters so when a straight woman says something about how women may "act" you can be safe in assuming that a lesbian falls into that behavior pattern as well. CD's do not speak for lesbians anymore than they speak for women.

suzy1
03-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Suzy, please don't take offense but there is the constant comparison of CD's and lesbians around here as if they were somehow comparable.

Lesbians are not men in women's bodies. They are for the most part regular women who happen to love other women romantically. They think, act, and emote like their hetero sisters so when a straight woman says something about how women may "act" you can be safe in assuming that a lesbian falls into that behavior pattern as well. CD's do not speak for lesbians anymore than they speak for women.

No offence taken Melissa.
My post was a bit light hearted, and typed by a rather simple minded girl… I mean lesbian…..I mean CD…..I mean………..

Suzy having fun.

whowhatwhen
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
I must have had my fantasy development stunted at a young age because I am keenly aware that it's generally a bunch of dudes inhabiting this board. Maybe that's why the lesbian, and bi when dressed remarks hit me so weird.

So, kinda like e-fantasizing and not living out the real deal type thing eh?
I'm not sure where the other stuff fits in though, bi when dressed is at least imo a lack of self acceptance.

That cursed faceless male strikes again!
He does have a nice body though...

carhill2mn
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I can only speak for myself but I try to think and post as I think that a lady would. There are times when certain posts have
a definite "male" feel to them.

ReineD
03-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Each person's writing reveals a great deal about their personal style and attitudes, and that's far more important than how they might be presenting. Some are clearly sensitive and considerate, some of the best qualities that we often connote with female presentation but which are also important characteristics for males. Some are habitually rude, bigoted, and/or inconsiderate, and this too is independent of their presentation. Of course, most are somewhere in between. Presentation as male or female is really a non-issue in this view.

I answered somewhat tongue-in-cheek before, although there is some truth to my feeling more masculine here than I do anywhere else. I suppose this is because I don't focus so much on clothes and appearance as many of the members here, or I don't do it in the same way.

But Marym's answer more accurately matches my deeper response to Piora's question. I don't tend to notice the avatars so much any more and I focus on the feeling I get from the posts. In some of the responses I see pure male, in others I see a more feminine energy (no matter how they identify), but for the most part I see the members here as people.

Beverley Sims
03-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I tend to express myself as female as much as a male can. I am not overtly girly but I do like feminine outfits.
I reply to everyone as if they are female thinking although male humour must creep through now and then.
My aim in life is to pass and dress discreetly as a woman, so no extreme appearances for me.
I have enjoyed the female impersonator bit years ago as I looked good and could fool anybody as long as I did not speak.
I had fun at parties even if I didn't drink. It was un-nerving for some of the males who wanted to hit on me and some of the girls were jealous of the fact that I looked better than they did. If I went solo I would often take home the other un-attached girls after going out on the town till late.
My main feature was I did not drink and I was able to get sozzled girls home safely.:)
There is a pointer for younger non drinkers here. How to pick up GGs when dressed.
I still think women are the best thing since sliced bread.:)

Hali
03-26-2012, 05:00 PM
This days i dont feel that dichotomy (swinging from guy to femme mode) as often as i use to. Whether dressed or not i feel am myself wen am chatting here i feel am chatting with pple that are mostly feminine and since i know how to chat with girls i just feel at home. In addition, here i can talk of all the things about what my femme side likes talking about stuff like fashion, make-up, outings ............how guys where looking at me when out dressed which i cant discuss with many-many pple i know, except here. Most of the pple here behave like girls, especially when there is a "cat-fight" yes most girls here know how to fight like teenage-girls.......lol!

ArleneRaquel
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Great subject, I view all members who post here as females, I don't really know why, but I always have felt that way. I guess that I think those who post are in female mode, of thought at least, when they reply or start a thread.

SusieSmith
03-26-2012, 05:09 PM
@RachelRene, I can understand your feelings completely. I have always been different, and have learned that it really is a good thing. What is different is when I post here, I can just be myself and not worry about being judged for who I am.

Wonderwho
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM
I have the greatest respect for all who reside here, most of the time I am on the road when I am able to reply to posts. I find it hard in the world that I work in to switch to a female roll when posting. I have to carefully rembember to not act like a guy when I see some of the pictures but I always know in my heart that we all are the same. We all live several lives, some in the self made closet in fear, some have managed to step out of the closet into the home with their SO,and those I respect the most are those that have become what they were destined to be. We all can hold our heads up high for even if you post in female with male undertones or your male self need some female guidence wer are all just friends seeking friends.
Best to all, yes I am posting in dirty jeans and a torn T shirt, but under all that I have the sweetest set of bra and panties on that I have ever owned and yes I feel HOT! Thank you very much! Sorry the guy slipped out, LOL
Love to all! Wonderwho

Piora
03-26-2012, 05:38 PM
I am just Suzy. :battingeyelashes: And don’t you forget it!:eek:
Categorically impossible for us to do so, Suzy! :hugs:

Great subject, I view all members who post here as females, I don't really know why, but I always have felt that way. I guess that I think those who post are in female mode, of thought at least, when they reply or start a thread.
Yes, it is rather strange to try to get your head around, isn't it?

Here's a thought: Suppose a large number of us on here - a group of, say 40 members (consisting of both closeted and out-to-the-world girls) were able to gather in a large room, in full femme mode, how would we all behave? Well, I think that we would all be trying to sit, walk, move around and even talk, as women. We would look at each other, and we would see women. I think that's how I would react and how I would behave around other CDs......members that I "know" from this site. Now, obviously groups of us on here have got together, and perhaps those members relate to my example, and could give us their input.

But, to me, even although I'm not in physical proximity to any member here, I still feel that I'm in the "presence" of those members when I post here. And so, I envision them as female, when I reply to postings.

ArleneRaquel
03-26-2012, 05:43 PM
The CD events that I have attended, all have been in greater Chicagoland, have been very nice, genial, with a great deal of chat, mainly politics, where/when did you start, you look nice, who is my makeup, and so forth. I have never encountered nastiness at any of these events.

suchacutie
03-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok...you sent me back through my posts to see what the pattern is:

1) I post assuming that all transgendered persons here are involved with there feminine selves. That means different things to each of us but that gets translated on the receiving side (I hope). The GGs I expect are females :).

2) In some posts I speak about Tina just as I do from my male side speaking to my wife, as she does about Tina speaking to me.

3) In other posts I am speaking as Tina.

It looks like I started speaking only as Tina, but that got complicated because Tina's girlfriend is the en homme's wife. That can be a mess and it seemed important to identify the SO involved in the conversation so it was just easier to speak from my guy side about Tina. However, when I am Tina it is clear that it is Tina speaking!!!

I guess I'll have to rethink my posts here and look more carefully at who is speaking, but I'll still be speaking to the "en femme" in the crowd as transgendered and to the GGs as female! Seems about right!

:)

drushin703
03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I imagine personalities with the postings and responses on this forum. Female and Male would certainly clutter the room. If everyone here
is not an original female, then certainly he is a uniquely inventive one........dana

dana is my real name...

lingerieLiz
03-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Haven't really thought about it. I guess I think of the writers as their true sex since they are writing about their experiences as M to F crossdressers. Maybe it is because I've never thought of myself as a woman, but as someone with a fem lifestyle. I like being male and enjoy the looks, style, and clothes of women.

NathalieX66
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
I hate TV...that's why I'm here. The only programs I watch are Mythbusters, NCSI, and CSI, and some news.
You folks are infinitely way more entertaining. Sure, I often dress in the clothes of not the gender I was born with, I'm not a fan of male clothes, they're boring and shapeless.

STACY B
03-26-2012, 09:52 PM

Come on SUGAR BABY ,,, Dont do me like that ,,, I think your hot & sexy too ,, Just becuz I like to dress like a lady dont meen I dont love the lady looks ,,Thats the reason Im like I am ,,,Dont want to look at no smelly ol stinky he man ,, The ladys are so pretty an smell good an look good ,,Ladys are all good an I love em everyone . So whan ya HOT ya HOT ,,, Call em like I see em ,,, Just a wanna be ,,,, SUPA STAR !!

PretzelGirl
03-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I believe I picture each person here based on the way they write. I don't come in with any preconceived notions, so the person's feelings and writing style dictates which way my mind is taken. Some of it may be fairly neutral, but the main point is it isn't about gender, but the way everyone carries themselves.

TommyII
03-26-2012, 11:11 PM
When I log into this site I log in as female. If I am thinking otherwise, I don't even think about this site. Then again I am dressing in some way 24/7 and only come here when I have time.

Sophie_C
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I see crossdressers as crossdressers. I see transgender people as transgender. People tend to like to be called as the gender they are going as, for the moment, so that's the most respectful thing to do. Focusing on that "the person posting is actually a man" doesn't serve any purpose. I don't get it.

Jacqueline Winona
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
For the most part, yes, because the overwhelming majority of us here want to express our girly side. But I see Sophie's point clearly and think she says it best.

Ellyn
03-27-2012, 12:49 AM

I was wondering earlier if all the CD's here were dressed en femme when they were in here? and if not, do you find it more difficult express your femme side here if your not dressed? When I see a post that starts out "Hey Girls..", I see that it is not for me because I am not a girl, and therefore do not want to be called a girl. I am just an overweight, balding man with facial hair, and it is not really appropriate, even with a stretched imagination, to address me as a girl

Badtranny
03-27-2012, 09:46 AM
When I see a post that starts out "Hey Girls..", I see that it is not for me because I am not a girl, and therefore do not want to be called a girl. I am just an overweight, balding man with facial hair, and it is not really appropriate, even with a stretched imagination, to address me as a girl

Yet the name you have chosen for yourself here is Ellyn.

Kristyn Hill
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Well said, Stephnie!

Trannygranny
04-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Of course you are all ladies. You presnet yoursleves as such and this lady is pleased to accept you as such

nikkijo
04-10-2012, 09:54 AM
i dont see the CD's As girls... the girls wither preop or post op are girls. and the boys either post or preop are boys... personally to me the CD's are way to fake for me. because to them its a game where they get to play dressup... some of us on here are far beyond a game of dress up or sexual fun.. we live our lives as who we feel we should be and some of us see a fetishist CD who dresses for their own pleasure as a slap in our face and take great offence to their opinion that has no basis in reality...

Marleena
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
i dont see the CD's As girls... the girls wither preop or post op are girls. and the boys either post or preop are boys... personally to me the CD's are way to fake for me. because to them its a game where they get to play dressup... some of us on here are far beyond a game of dress up or sexual fun.. we live our lives as who we feel we should be and some of us see a fetishist CD who dresses for their own pleasure as a slap in our face and take great offence to their opinion that has no basis in reality...

Yeah we actually see this attitude quite often from some of the TS ladies and its not good. There are quite a few nice looking CD ladies on this board out in the mainstream working for the cause. Nice attitude there..

arbon
04-10-2012, 10:24 AM
There are some people here who even though they identify as male that like to corssdress I can't help to think of them as female and there are others that no matter how they are identifying I am always thinking he or him when I read their posts.

Victoria StJohn
04-10-2012, 04:08 PM

I believe this a 'Crossdressers.com' forum, or am I missing something?

KimberlyJean
04-10-2012, 06:52 PM
To answer the OP's question, I caught myself the other day referring to some of the members here as girls in my mind and that is how I want to be referred to as. I am new here so I may be missing something, 90% of the time this forum is awesome and very accepting, the other 10% I am stunned by the level of intolerance.

AllieSF
04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Great thread topic. When reading and posting here I normally think of the writer as to how they identify and present themselves. If they have a feminine name or avatar or pic it is easier for me to feel that way. I also accept people for who they are or say they are and then let their words and actions prove my initial acceptance was either correct or incorrect. Now, when a limited few of our MtF members here write their wonderful prose, I can clearly see the male shining through the professed female persona, that goes for CD's all the way to post op TS's. Some traits are just very hard to change, even for me sometimes. Yes, I have seen the GG's who are dominant and almost masculine, and all the rest of the spectrum to fully overly femme in presentation , writing, speaking and general personality. It normally doesn't bother me unless I start to feel from their writings the non-support, overly critical to the point of rudeness, better than thou attitude, or that typical male trait of always being right knowing everything about everything and getting in the last word. Fortunately and unfortunately, we have a pretty good representation of all walks of life here from conservative to liberal, redneck to sophisticated, prejudiced to accepting, and everything else. Unfortunately, because some of the more negative characters are detrimental to the general purpose of this site as a safe haven providing support to all. Fortunately, because it is good experience for newbies and probably all the rest of us to be able to see and experience some of the less favorable aspects of the real world from the safe and anonymous area this closed site.

I like my approach of accepting and believing all because hopefully it helps me to be non-judgmental until experience with a specific member necessitates my personal judgment, which fortunately is not too often. I like the concept of support and going and playing along with our characters that we present here. It makes it more rewarding for all if not taken too seriously and in too much detail.

sometimes_miss
04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
As I was abused in various ways by males through my early life, I have an inherent distrust of guys in general. But the thing about this forum is, I know I share something with everyone here, and even when someone disagrees with me, it's never turned nasty. And that's a very nice change in my life. It's sometimes hard to find nice people.

GingerLeigh
04-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Girl? Boy? I dunno. Like others have said, I often think of everyone here as female. However some of the comments (mine included) are distinctly male. I remember a post on "emotions" and or "crying". The responses were all over the board.

As for if dressing makes me post differently or more feminine, uh..no. I'm just as nutty and confused in drab as I am dressed. I write pretty much how I talk, from the hip, dude-like, and a little naive. OK, alot naive.

ginger

Shananigans
04-13-2012, 05:49 PM
If you have a female avatar, are dressed as a female in your avatar, and/or have a female user name, I will use feminine pronouns with you. If you have a male avatar, are dressed like a man, and/or have a male username, I refer to you with masculine pronouns. I've met people that didn't like this on the forum (me using feminine pronouns). Usually, the person is nice about it. But, I've run into a few that write me a Bible on how I can't assume their gender association based on their name and looks. (Because, that makes total sense, right?) I think the aggressive people are generally confused, so hopefully writing it all out helped them cope in some way.

As to people I feel are "women"...Melissa and I have butted heads like some of my best girlfriends. I think the transsexual women act like women, and so I see them as women.

But, a lot of members on this site don't really act like women...at least in the way I'm used to acting with women and my own gender. We generally don't scan each others pictures and say how hot we are, or talk about our panties, or even talk about clothes a whole lot. I'm also bi...I haven't really seen it going on in the whole "community" either. It seems like a CD thing, which isn't bad...it just reminds me that I'm talking to CDs. And, a lot of the combos about makeup and clothes are fun to have. But, I'd never really be comfortable describing the color of panties I'm currently wearing, or commenting on pictures with "you look so sexy, etc." But, the people that want to do that...that's their prerogative lol.

I only get a little mad when people tell me how I am supposed to feel as a woman. Or, start bashing on GGs. In those cases, I feel almost exactly how I feel at bars with scuzzy old men acting like I'm meat...or, like my vajay makes me too unworthy/stupid to know the difference. (Men also expect a lot of patience out of me...I guess, they were misinformed...patience is not always a feminine trait). I have a few Condescending Wonka memes in mind that I could use for the occasions though like "Oh, so you wear women's clothes...tell me more about what it means to be a woman." So, yeah, in those cases, I'm painfully aware I'm talking to a man.

whowhatwhen
04-13-2012, 05:57 PM
That's interesting actually, since we're born with male priviledge there are some things we just never see until someone points it out.

Ellen James
04-13-2012, 06:02 PM
Even from a quick scan of the postings I can see that there's a lot going on here - which I guess reflects the many different reasons for being here, for dressing, for transitioning, for staying in the closet - for whatever. Curiously, just yesterday I had thought about slipping my male name quietly into a posting but after further thought I realized that here I was Ellen, here I want to be Ellen - which also I guess is my own answer to the question. While I"m here, I'm Ellen - and I consider that I'm interacting with other women - which I realize doesn't fully reflect all the time their reasons for being here or the possibility that they dont' think about it the same way. I already know that, as noted, there are as many different attitudes about what we do and as many different goals or different places we want to be at as there are people in this community. If some one wishes to be thought of differently, I'm open to being corrected - but short of that I'll continue to consider everyone here a girl, or a woman based upon how they appear to be presenting themselves.

Badtranny
04-13-2012, 06:25 PM
As to people I feel are "women"...Melissa and I have butted heads like some of my best girlfriends. I think the transsexual women act like women, and so I see them as women.

It's almost like I WANT to argue with you. ;-)

By the way, this is the second post I've seen from you today and girl, you are on fire. I love this attitude you got goin' right now.

charlie
04-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Now that you have brought it up....yeah, I do too! I think of everyone here as female and me as well.

SoMuchToLearn
04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm jut starting out, and yes I really do read the words as a female wrote them!

Krististeph
04-13-2012, 08:56 PM
I think of the others here as what they seem to be wanting to project themselves as...

Honestly, they are way nicer than many snotty little GGs who might just happen to have more feminine features. The people here are rather polite in general, and that is the most noticeable thing about them.

April Lyn
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I definately read these posts as written by a female as well, unless of course otherwise indicated in the text or the avitar one has chosen.

Brynn_A
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
We are all sisters in some fashion. I do my best to never forget that.

Lisa-N
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Because of my home life I cannot always be dressed, but whenever I post here it is always as Tangi, my kinder gentler side. No matter how I am dressed Tangi is always there.

IamSara
04-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Very interesting post. I think like a girl but then again I tend to think like a girl almost all the time. Well maybe not while I am working. That gets the best of me and my filthy mouth opens up and here goes the man left in me. Boy I need a different job then maybe the real Sara would come out for good.

princessmisti74
04-14-2012, 02:24 AM
When I log in, I've already changed into femme "me".
I like to think that we are all of the same mind and soul.
This is our haven to hang out in and be with others that are our selves in our happy place.
I feel differently, talk differently and project my female side when I am here. I like it when I am here, I feel less stressed and more light hearted. That makes me happy. I like being happy. Alot:)

Piora
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
It never occurred to me, when I started this thread, that there would be so many responses....not to mention so many really excellent ones! I'm pleased that my original musing on the whole 'thinking of each another as women when posting' concept generated this much interest. :thumbsup:

Kathy Smith
04-14-2012, 11:31 AM
It's an excellent question and one that I've never considered before. I now realise that I enjoy treating others on the forum as whatever gender they choose to present; their physical characteristics aren't important. Similarly I enjoy having my persona treated as female, even though I know that I am male both physically and mentally. Whether I actually do present as female is something else again. Never having been anything other than male, how could I tell? I do know that what you see is what you get, I don't make a conscious effort to appear female and if I appear so then I'm extremely pleased! :)

Sam-antha
04-14-2012, 01:00 PM
In here, like when I am out there, I am most definitely Samantha. A word to those who are not totally believeing in their thoughts of folks in here.
Way back in time on another forum, I arranged a meet with another member. Dress was not mentioned and I duly appeared as Samantha. But I met with a male who admitted that he was looking for Samantha and not the male me. Shock, utter and complete, Where was Helen ?
~S~

Karinsamatha
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
That was a interesting question - one that I had not given much thought until now. I think of my self as a woman 90% of the time, I also think of everyone here as female unless something causes me to think otherwise.

emmicd
04-14-2012, 05:39 PM
i am expressing my feminine personality here because this is where i feel safe and can be who i truly am. i also am happy when i am female. i know it is for most of us here a time to be the girl we know we have within us.

emmi