PDA

View Full Version : Day Spas

frilly1
11-04-2005, 09:41 AM
It seems many (most?) day spas offer services for men; although all the ads only show women. What services have you tried at a day spa? Should it be assumed they cater to men?

Sedona
11-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Go on their website (if they have one), as they are usually more complete. When I've gone into dayspas, I've always been in drab, so maybe some of the other girls can speak to that, but here's what I've had done over the years:

I've had pedicures, chest/back/abdomen waxing, and massages with no problems whatsoever.

I had a Brazilian wax a while back. It took me about five calls, but I found a waxer who will do this for guys. She was very professional.

If you go en femme, you might feel more comfortable in a large city?
Good luck!

ericatgirlnj
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
I got my makeup and nails done. They were very cool about it and treated me great.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-04-2005, 12:31 PM
They're usually happy to take anyone's money.

Some spa's offer "gentleman's packages" -- often a sports massage, facial, manicure and pedicure -- but even if they don't, I'm sure they'd be happy to set one up for you, or whatever combination of services you'd like. (Men's services tend to be less "frilly," i.e skipping things like aromatherapy, but they'll be happy to do so if asked.)

I've gone numerous times en homme and it's no big deal. In fact it's a little trendy for guys to do the spa thing. I've had massage, manicures, pedicures, facials, scrubs, wraps.

If you're getting a manicure or pedicure, you probably could go en femme, although I'd ask first if they're comfortable with it, just to avoid surprises when you arrive. If you're getting body work done, there's no real point going en femme since you're going disrobe anyway, a wrap causes you to sweat so your make-up will probably end up looking terrible and a facial inherent removes your make-up.

ericatgirlnj
11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
I dressed as a male, went with a makeup artist who did my makeup, than was able to get dressed in a dressing room and than finally got my nails done.

You'd be surprised how cool they are about males getting makeovers.

Sophia Rearen
11-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Frilly1,
I've had pedicures, manicures, waxing, and makeup done at a day spa. The staff and other clients were totally cool with it. Don't push it though. Have fun and enjoy the experience with them. They'll love it!

DanaJ
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
I am such a day spa *****! LOL I have gotten every service they offer (except hair stuff, since I am balding) - including: facials, massages, body treatments, manicures and pedicures, full acrylic sets, makeovers, fake tanning and waxing.

The important thing to do as a guy getting female treatments in a day spa is: act professional. They are there to make money, but their time is important so don't waste it. Do not act like a fetishist, and just tell the truth. Don't lie, they have heard it all before.