PDA

View Full Version : Shot down at Fashion Bug

cdcheryl
11-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I went shopping today and ended up at Fashion Bug I was in my male clothes but some lingerie underneath pantyhose and a bra I had on a sweatshirt so no one could tell I walked around the store and saw some nice things so I went up to a salesgirl and asked her what the policy was about trying on clothes she says to me "what do you mean " so I looked at her and said what do you think I mean an d she looks at me ansd says that no men are allowed in the dressing rooms by order of the regional manager so I said thank you and walked out and they just lost a customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foxy Lady
11-04-2005, 02:55 PM
I have shopped at several Fashion Bugs in my area and have always been allowed to try on clothes.

Sophia Rearen
11-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Cheryl,
That's a shame for you and them. Don't let it discourage you. Go somewhere else, they'll appreciate you and your business.

DanaJ
11-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I am not trying to argue here, but I can see her point. They also have to consider their other customer's feelings when it comes to allowing men in the ladies changing rooms.

You know you are harmless, and the clerk may know it too, but how would a woman feel that was in there and stepped out and saw a man heading back there?

Wendy me
11-04-2005, 03:57 PM
altho i never had any trouble at the fashon bug ....i def... think what dana said sounds right.......

robinLynn
11-04-2005, 04:55 PM
never been in the fashion bug but dont think i will go njow thanx for the warning better safe than sorry

Billijo49504
11-05-2005, 01:29 AM
I've been treated very well at Fashion Bug. I would send a email to the parent co. Because it's not a company policy to not allow men in the dressing rooms. The same company ownes Fashion Bug that owns Lane Bryant and Catherines. All those stores are very cd friendly. I've never tried anything on at Fashion Bug, but I was asked if I wanted to try on a skirt. So I know it was done here in Michigan.

jjjjohanne
11-05-2005, 07:08 AM
I went shopping today and ended up at Fashion Bug I was in my male clothes but some lingerie underneath pantyhose and a bra I had on a sweatshirt so no one could tell I walked around the store and saw some nice things so I went up to a salesgirl and asked her what the policy was about trying on clothes she says to me "what do you mean " so I looked at her and said what do you think I mean an d she looks at me ansd says that no men are allowed in the dressing rooms by order of the regional manager so I said thank you and walked out and they just lost a customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a picture of me in a Fashion Bug. They always let me try on clothes there. Sorry for your bad visit!

http://jjjjohanne.150m.com/other/

Adrianne
11-05-2005, 09:16 AM
I got to agree with Dana, but one thing you can do is go when the store is quite and they may be able to help you then.

cdcheryl
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
The only problem I have is I do not go out enfemme so if I want to buy something I dont want to buy it bring ir home and return it if it does not fit so what else are you to do??? I did call around to ssome other stores and asked them and some said yes like the Dress Barn so i will go there

Phoebe Reece
11-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Cheryl, you are more likely to get a positive response if you are standing in the shop holding a garment you are obviously interested in purchasing and simply ask the question, "May I try this on?" When a specific sale is on the line, any salesperson worth anything will do what it takes to make the sale. The same is not always true about hypothetical situations proposed to them.

Swan
11-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I can understand why they don't allow men, some men might be going in for perverted reasons. It's best not to shop at stores that only sell women's clothing.

Holly
11-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Cheryl, please don't judge too harshly. I've always been treated very well at our local Fashion Bug. Of course, my wife and I spend a pretty penny there! As some of the others have said, this "no men in the dressing area" rule is not universal and may in fact have just been the declaration of one narrowminded sales associate using the title of the regional manager as an excuse to enforce their own bias and prejudice on you. However, it is true that we must be sensitive to the other customers in any establishment we frequent. It's possible that had you used a different approach, you might have had a much different outcome. Perhaps a word in private with the store manager would yield a satisfactory resolution to your situation. Good luck, dear.

cdcheryl
11-06-2005, 12:58 AM
thank you all for the feedback and different ideas I will try them