PDA

View Full Version : Is there a differance between male and female teeth?

NicoleWest37
03-27-2012, 03:56 PM
I was wondering if there is a differance in men and women's teeth. I have a top denture and wonder if any of you ladies have had your dentures altered for your female side? I always thought that if money wasn't an issue I'd get permanent implants and would consider more feminine teeth. Your thought ? This is the first thread I have started although I read everything posted and coment occasionally.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
yes.

big difference and they can be easily overlooked as a feature that makes you appear male.

I recently talked to an ffs surgeon about this, and he said that getting more "female" teeth is more attractive than getting your lips done..

Karren H
03-27-2012, 04:20 PM
I've seen big ole ugly teeth on women and nice looking teeth on men so there may be a different on average but everyone's just different. Unless your from West Virginia! Where the favorite pickup line is "nice tooth". Lol.

STACY B
03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Ohhhh yea there is a big difference an im sure the dentist will agree ,, Cuz ill bet they dont show the same chart to everyone ? Just like glasses .

ReineD
03-27-2012, 04:50 PM
I looked at pictures to see if I could tell the difference. One Q&A site for dentures said that male teeth are larger and female teeth aren't as square. But they did say it was important for the teeth to fit the mouth/gums: http://www.quora.com/Dentistry/Are-there-differences-between-male-and-female-dentures

Here are some pics:

Male dentures (http://www.changingfacesdentures.co.uk/images/blog/male-dentures.jpg) (the pic is larger)
Female dentures (http://www.georgiareconstructivedentistry.com/images/young_female_dentures2.jpg) (the site says they belong to a young woman)

I can't see a difference, but my eye isn't practised.

But to go along with what Karren said, here are some big ol' square teeth on women. I can tell they are women based on the characteristics of their smile and mostly the lipstick, and I suppose according to the description in the Q&A above, these should be male teeth, although they look good to me, as if they belong there.

http://www.liannmarketing.com/teeth/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/teeth-1.jpg

http://www.georgiareconstructivedentistry.com/images/young_female_denture1.jpg

BillieJoEllen
03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
The female tooth has a more rounded appearance. If you've ever watched RuPaul's drag race and you look closely at the she-males when they speak there is a glaring difference. 'Something' just doesn't look right. Gotta agree with Reine about the pics of the dentures. I couldn't tell a difference either.

queenie
03-28-2012, 08:57 AM
The female tooth has a more rounded appearance. If you've ever watched RuPaul's drag race and you look closely at the she-males when they speak there is a glaring difference. 'Something' just doesn't look right. Gotta agree with Reine about the pics of the dentures. I couldn't tell a difference either.

She-males? On this site, really? Maybe I'm the only one, but that's a pretty offensive term.

Back to the topic, I've never really noticed a difference in teeth between men and women. I've seen dainty ones on men and huge chompers on women.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Lots of women have square jaws and big brows..they are masculine features...just like short fat teeth...

huge chompers can look very feminine or not....

having longer teeth elongates the mouth and gets your upper lip higher relative to lower...this is a feminine facial characteristic...if the top of your lip is closer to the bottom of your nose...thats more feminine..etcetc..its just the way it is..

JenniferR771
03-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Of course female teeth are different. I should know I had two daughters and they had them straightened.Costly. And of course, lots of women have their teeth whitened and capped to improve their appearance.

sandra-leigh
03-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't know much at all about the shape of individual teeth, but the jaws of women are typically narrower. That implies that either the teeth are on average smaller, or else that the curvature is higher (and probably both.)

My dentist has trouble working in my mouth. Last time he did major work he told me, "Don't let anyone tell you that you have a big mouth, because you don't!"

My mouth basically isn't big enough to fit all of my teeth. I had to have a front tooth removed when I was a teen because one of my front teeth was growing in far behind the others (they choose to save the tooth that was growing in funny, and did ortho work to move it into the place vacated by the removed tooth.) My two remaining wisdom teeth are growing in completely sideways because there was never room for them to straighten up.

I think it would be fair to suggest that my jaw shape is closer to female, but that perhaps the teeth themselves were male size.

Chickhe
03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
When I met my wife, I grabbed her jaw, pulled her mouth open and checked her teeth... works for horses.

Tina B.
03-28-2012, 11:30 AM
There is a scene in the movie Tootsie, where Dustin Hoffman is changing in to Tootsie, and one of the big transformations he used was a set of dentures, and it did make his mouth look different, and important to making it all work for him. But unless your teeth are really bad, I would say someone was watching you really close, to notice. For most of us, if they are looking that close, there are enough other tells, that might jump out first, like the Adams apple, hand size, broad shoulders, the brow, or beard shadow. So I think instead of a couple thousand for teeth, I could think of a couple other things that would get you more bang for your buck.
Tina B.

lingerieLiz
03-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Once asked a dentist friend about women's teeth vs mine. I needed to have a cap put on a chiped front tooth and thought about getting her to do a fem version on my front teeth. She explained why it wouldn't work well. Her basic answer was I didn't have a woman's mouth and it wouldn't work just changing the teeth.

Bree-asaurus
03-28-2012, 10:20 PM
yes.

big difference and they can be easily overlooked as a feature that makes you appear male.

I recently talked to an ffs surgeon about this, and he said that getting more "female" teeth is more attractive than getting your lips done..

I have big-ol ugly teeth for a guy or a girl... hasn't affected me in the slightest.

KarenCDFL
03-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Just made me think the difference of one "little" chromosome can make.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I have big-ol ugly teeth for a guy or a girl... hasn't affected me in the slightest.

ummm...

your teeth look gorgeous..

Bree-asaurus
03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
ummm...

your teeth look gorgeous..

Tiny pictures can be deceiving lol.

I have a bit of the buck-teeth syndrome, with enough room between them to store hair pins ;)

Karren H
03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I heard that male teeth are separated a little bit more to allow lies to more easily slip through them female teeth!!

Daphne Renee
03-29-2012, 02:19 PM
There is a scene in the movie Tootsie, where Dustin Hoffman is changing in to Tootsie, and one of the big transformations he used was a set of dentures, and it did make his mouth look different, and important to making it all work for him. But unless your teeth are really bad, I would say someone was watching you really close, to notice. For most of us, if they are looking that close, there are enough other tells, that might jump out first, like the Adams apple, hand size, broad shoulders, the brow, or beard shadow. So I think instead of a couple thousand for teeth, I could think of a couple other things that would get you more bang for your buck.
Tina B.

I agree with Tina here. If someone is looking that close they probably already know. If they couldnt tell except for your teeth then I would say you dont have much to worry about.

NicoleWest37
03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I was not trying to say that teeth made the differance between passing or not just that we scrutinize every aspect of our appearance and surely somebody out there has looked at their teeth and wished they could alter them to be prettier. Because some here have transitioned I wonder if they have altered or if anybody here has altered their teeth to be more femine?

ReineD
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
I was not trying to say that teeth made the differance between passing or not just that we scrutinize every aspect of our appearance and surely somebody out there has looked at their teeth and wished they could alter them to be prettier.

Nicole, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of CDers haven't examined every aspect of their physiques, even down to the shape of their toes, and not wished these individual parts were prettier. :)

sometimes_miss
03-30-2012, 03:23 PM
'Something' just doesn't look right. .
Uh, yeah. That's what 'normal' people think when they see us!
Teeth, well usually they're smaller to fit the smaller (usually) female mouth and jaw, which is probably what you think you're seeing. Then again, there are women out there with really, really big mouths. Surrounding them with lipstick doesn't change that.