PDA

View Full Version : this will be interesting

kimdl93
03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Ok, I took another step out from cover this morning.

Earlier, I invited a former colleague (and still close friend) to dinner on Saturday night. She accepted and is picking a spot.

I've been thinking seriously about coming out to her for several years. I know her to be very accepting, caring and open minded, and we have over the years shared a lot of our personal lives with each other. Except this one thing.

Last night I wrote an email message to her...didn't send it. I decided to sleep on it. This morning, I read it over, made some minor edits...took a deep breath and sent it to her private email address.

Now we wait and see.

Cheryl T
03-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Good luck Kim.
Hopefully she will be accepting and you will gain a "girlfriend" to share this with.

Tina B.
03-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Got my fingers crossed for you Kim!
Tina B.

Stephanie47
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
Let us know how it goes.

Elle1946
03-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Like I have heard if a person is a true friend it won't matter, she will accept you. If she doesn't does it matter?

Chickhe
03-29-2012, 11:51 AM
That's got to be hard way to do it... all the stress waiting for a response, and did she understand what you wrote?... good luck.

StephanieDragg
03-29-2012, 11:58 AM
I hope you have a new lady friend to do stuff with, I am sure your judgement is correct, I think it will work out fine from what you have told us about her!!!

Kimberly Long
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Kim I wish you the best. I have came out to my friends and old college friends and was well accepted, only one person rejected me, oh well to H... with her. I love my new life.
Love Kimberly

kimdl93
03-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I hope you have a new lady friend to do stuff with, I am sure your judgement is correct, I think it will work out fine from what you have told us about her!!!

I'm not really looking for someone to do things with - though that would be fun. I just felt I needed to tell her. Still waiting for a reaction, but she may no check her messages till tonight. So I have to relax and be patient.

Cynthia Anne
03-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Patients are virtue! Hang in there everythings going to be just fine! Hugs!

ArleneRaquel
03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Kim,
Best wishes darlin, I hope all goes well.

Ally 2112
03-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Goodluck Kim i truly hope it all works out !.I think having a friend to talk about this would be such a great thing !

Kim_Bitzflick
03-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Good luck. I hope all goes well.

SuzanneS
03-29-2012, 09:39 PM
I wish you well, Kim...It's hell waiting for a text or an email back from someone after you've sent it. Kinda' scary for sure not knowing what, if anything, they are going to say. It is nice to share your secret with another, though.

Suzanne

kimdl93
03-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Not any response yet. She doesn't check her private mail often .....

ColleenCD
03-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Best of luck Kim, It's a brave new world.

Colleen

BLUE ORCHID
03-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi Kim, That may just be the most important click of the MOUSE that you ever made.

Good luck and keep us advised.

Jenna J
03-30-2012, 01:16 PM
maybe she is sleeping on her response to you...

Shananigans
03-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Update us soon!!! I hope all goes well!

Marleena
03-30-2012, 01:47 PM
The suspense is killing us! I have a feeling it will be good though.:)

kimdl93
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
The suspense is killing us! I have a feeling it will be good though.:)

The suspense ended with a phone conversation just a half hour ago! My dear friend, as I suspected, had not gotten around to reading her private email...seems the iPad ran out of juice. So she was non-the wiser when she called me this afternoon. We chit chatted for a while and I asked her if she'd read my email...she hadn't. So, I took another deep breath, explained I had something I needed to share with her, and extemporaneously related the contens of my message.

After a pause, she said, "You're not joking are you?" And I said no, and went on to a maybe 30 minute conversation of my transgender life... We're still on for dinner tomorrow night and I'll be going en femme! (with her permission!) So, I'm deeply relieved and excited to spend a very pleasant evening with a good friend. But what to wear - we're going to a casual Mexican restaraunt with great margaritas!

Sandra1746
03-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi Kim,
It sounds promising. I wish you good luck and all the best with your friend.

Hugs,
Sandra

Silentpartner GG SO
03-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Wow Kim, that must have been a very nervous conversation! glad it went well for you though.

Claire Cook
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
After a pause, she said, "You're not joking are you?" And I said no, and went on to a maybe 30 minute conversation of my transgender life... We're still on for dinner tomorrow night and I'll be going en femme! (with her permission!) So, I'm deeply relieved and excited to spend a very pleasant evening with a good friend. But what to wear - we're going to a casual Mexican restaraunt with great margaritas!

Kim, embrace this moment! I treasure my GG friends -- they have been wonderfully understanding and I look forward to whenver I can go out with them.

Laura912
03-30-2012, 04:49 PM
After teasing you about leaving the debit card in the bar, I must congratulate you on this new version of an old friendship. Let us know how the evening went.

DCChris
03-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Hope all goes well. Let us know.

*Vanessa*
03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I am incredibly happy for you Kim !!!!!!

Mexican ya "mucho gonanes for such a pretty senorita" Kim ;)

Chickhe
03-31-2012, 01:37 AM
I like these stories...I GOT BIG NEWS...then ...okay great, ...so what's for lunch?

Noemi
03-31-2012, 02:27 AM
You are very sweet and so level headed Kim, like the Mamma here.
I wish you well and that your encounter goes easy.

I came out to a GG I was working with, then we were pen pals while she was doing some teaching gig out of the country. She is gay and super intelligent so I felt safe with her.
When she came back home we wound up between the sheets and then our relationship proceeded to fall apart. I was not really attracted to her, just wanted to make her happy....she was kinda crazy too, a bad vibe that I ran from in the end......but it was nice for a while to sleep next to her in my night gown and be a girl with her. I really liked that allot.

If she was not such a bitch(toyed with me too much) who knows.

Tina B.
03-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Congrads Kim, have fun!
Tina B.

Marleena
03-31-2012, 10:44 AM
The suspense ended with a phone conversation just a half hour ago! My dear friend, as I suspected, had not gotten around to reading her private email...seems the iPad ran out of juice. So she was non-the wiser when she called me this afternoon. We chit chatted for a while and I asked her if she'd read my email...she hadn't. So, I took another deep breath, explained I had something I needed to share with her, and extemporaneously related the contens of my message.

That's awesome Kim! Sounds like you have a new GG friend to enjoy times with.:)

I find that women are way more accepting than the men. The guys get too caught up in the macho crap. I think we threaten their masculinity or something.lol.

suchacutie
03-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Congratulations, Kim, and I hope you can be calm enough to enjoy dinner! I'm sure your friend will have a million questions and it will, likewise, be a joy to talk about them. But them I'm sure the conversation will settle down to the topics that would have been there no matter which gender you had brought to dinner! And then it will be calm.

Have fun!

tina

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Yay Kim, good for you. Can't hardly wait to hear the details of what you wore and how the evening went.

kimdl93
04-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Last night at 6pm I met my friend for dinner at a Mexican restaraunt reputed to have excellent margaritas. She was already enjoying on on the patio when I arrived. (For the record, I work a black mesh faux wrap top that has what I can best describe as a fine beigh leaf pattern print, and some natural cotton slacks - both from Coldwater Creek.)

Her reaction upon seeing me dressed was to jump up, give me a beaming smile, a high five and a big hug. Her first words were "you look good!" And then she thanked me (can you imagine) for the honor of sharing this part of me with her. We had alread spent a half hour talking it over on the phone, so my trangenderism was the topic for a few minutes - mainly where did I see myself going and how my wife and I accomodated it. Then we went on to talk about a dozen other topics, like any two friends would.

We were together from 6 to 11 pm, literally the closed the place down.

Laura912
04-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Whoo-hoo!!!! Did you remember your debit card? And when are you going to quit smiling? :)

BRANDYJ
04-01-2012, 08:18 AM
That had to be a beautiful experience for you. She's a gem...a keeper! Is a romance in the works? (wink)

*Vanessa*
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Sweet evening Kim. I am in awe and find myself a little jealous... Very nice indeed! ;)

Marleena
04-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Last night at 6pm I met my friend for dinner at a Mexican restaraunt reputed to have excellent margaritas. She was already enjoying on on the patio when I arrived. (For the record, I work a black mesh faux wrap top that has what I can best describe as a fine beigh leaf pattern print, and some natural cotton slacks - both from Coldwater Creek.)

Her reaction upon seeing me dressed was to jump up, give me a beaming smile, a high five and a big hug. Her first words were "you look good!" And then she thanked (can you imagine) for the honor of sharing this part of me with her. We had alread spent a half hour talking it over on the phone, so my trangenderism was the topic for a few minutes - mainly where did I see myself going and how my wife and I accomodated it. Then we went on to talk about a dozen other topics, like any two friends would.

We were together from 6 to 11 pm, literally the closed the place down.

That is awesome Kim! I love happy stories like this. Acceptance and girl's night out, it doesn't get any better.:)

Sandra1746
04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Great news Kim, if only more people were more accepting and understanding.

Enjoy the new dimension of your friendship.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

kimdl93
04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Whoo-hoo!!!! Did you remember your debit card? And when are you going to quit smiling? :)

Yes, I did remember my debit card! Dinner, drinks and tip added up to a little over $100. Money well spent!

kimdl93
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
That had to be a beautiful experience for you. She's a gem...a keeper! Is a romance in the works? (wink)

No, Brandy. She's a long time friend and co-worker. I am in marriage with a very sweet, smart, accepting and supportive wife...so there's no romance. It was a chance to spend an evening out with someone I knew, respect and genuinely care for. I'd certainly put her in the best girlfriend category, next to my wife, of course.

I also want to put this experience in context. I go out in public, en femme nearly every day. And on rare occassions, I'll stop at one of the local GLBT friendly bars for an evening. But its always been basically me and the acquaintances I make when Im there. Its fun but, to be honest, I'm not much of a bar person any more. I don't much care for the loud music these darn young people listen too these days (kidding!) and I can't tolerate second hand smoke. It was so much more fun to be out in the broader world, being able to fully be myself with a real friend...not a casual acqauintance.

This does bring up an interesting consideration for me, however. My wife is very accepting, but so far, she's been reluctant to go out with me, whilst en femme. I know its a big step for her, and I'm just waiting and hoping that someday she'll be comfortable enough to go out with me. I am so longing for the day when my wife and I can go out together.

Victoria StJohn
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Kim, what a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing this with us. I wish you many more wonderful visits with your friend in the most feminine way.

YorkshireRose
04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi Kim, What a lovely positive experience, Really pleased for you. To be honest when I read how you described her, I had no doubts it would be positive outcome! Brilliant Kim

Hugs Charlotte

DanaR
04-01-2012, 07:39 PM
..............................This does bring up an interesting consideration for me, however. My wife is very accepting, but so far, she's been reluctant to go out with me, whilst en femme. I know its a big step for her, and I'm just waiting and hoping that someday she'll be comfortable enough to go out with me. I am so longing for the day when my wife and I can go out together.

Kim, what you and your wife might consider is an outing somewhere away from home. That's what my wife and I do. She has been out with me numerous times, but no where close to home. I might not be recognized, but with her if someone knew us I would be outed for sure.

Kim_Bitzflick
04-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Kim,

That is wonderful. I am glad you have a friend to share this part of your life with you. I'm guessing your wife will soon join you two.

Hugs

Amanda22
04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Her reaction upon seeing me dressed was to jump up, give me a beaming smile, a high five and a big hug. Her first words were "you look good!" And then she thanked me (can you imagine) for the honor of sharing this part of me with her... We were together from 6 to 11 pm, literally the closed the place down.

Hi Kim! What a memorable, affirming, and exciting experience. When something like this happens, I imagine you'll be able to look back on it with quite a lot of fondness. And if you ever doubt the open-mindedness or civility of others, you can grasp onto this experience. I'm sure you looked super feminine and natural. I'm so happy for you!