PDA

View Full Version : Good show on Dr. Oz today!

Linda St. John
03-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Isaw the Dr. Oz show earlier today and thought it was very well done.
Three families where the husband had SRS surgery and the excellent doctor (herself, a TS ) who performed the surgeries.
Very uplifting !

Linda

Jmichelle60
03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the info on the show. I can't wait until it comes on tonight.

Traci Elizabeth
03-29-2012, 08:58 PM
I actually watched it (4:00pm eastern time). It was touching and so much of it I could personally relate to.

Julia_in_Pa
03-30-2012, 07:23 AM
I missed the show. There's two TS women who are surgeons performing SRS.
One is Marcie Bowers and the other is Christine Mcginn.
Both are arrogant pieces of garbage.
The good thing was I was able to tell both of them what I thought.

On the other side of the coin, I like Dr. Oz.
I'm very sure despite the presence of one of these idiots he was able to present an informative program.

Julia

Kaitlyn Michele
03-30-2012, 08:16 AM
I met dr mcginn, and used her for my HRT ...but only for a short period of time...she is about one thing, ...herself... can't hate on her for being aggressive and trading off her very successful transition, but she is very arrogant and has a real judgmental nature around things..

she is the one responsible for my poorly managed start to HRT, and she kept information from me, and she actually charged me EXTRA to see my own blood work, and then hid from me when it confirmed my suspicion that her "better than everyone else" compounding cream failed to deliver.. she's not an idiot julia, she's a very very sharp businesswoman, with little real empathy for us...

StaceyJane
03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
I looked at Dr McGinn's website and it sure looked liked a bit of a scam. She had a bunch of requirements for the therapist's letter which made it look like you should see hers plus the bio identical stuff which I'm not sold on at all.

Kaitlyn Michele
03-30-2012, 08:39 AM
the most damning thing to me was that she KNEW my blood work was not showing progress and she never told me!!! Even though I could "feel" it emotionally and physically...

she sold me a whole bill of goods about staying away from pills (liver damage), and i bought it...paid her $300 just to get the prescription, then i paid more because the creams cost more, and when she finally admitted it wasnt working, she first accused me of incorrectly using the creams...!!!!!!!!!! ok i guess i could have rubbed the cream on my thigh incorrectly???? ummmm...no...

then she put me on pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what???

stay away...

StaceyJane
03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I see a regular doctor not an endo, I get regular blood tests and her office always calls me and will read out the results over the phone for me. I get the real hormones not the bio identical ones so my insurance pays most of it.
It always seems to me that the doctors that are pro bio identicals are also selling them.

Aprilrain
03-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I get the real hormones not the bio identical ones

What are real hormones??

If you are taking estradiol, which cost me $12, then you are taking "bioidentical" estrogen.

If you are taking Medroxyprogesterone, which also cost me $12, then you are taking a progestin that is not "bioidentical" to a GGs progesterone however the jury is out as to wether progestins "real" or "fake" do anything for TSes. lots of theories, no empirical evidence.

the "bioidentical" version of progesterone is Prometrium. I looked into this drug but it was cost prohibitive ($$$ as apposed to $12)

jeri1973
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM
The first couple on the show discussing what she was like before is exactly like me. When the wife and children said that since transition she is much more calmer and much more happier, I could hear my own wife and children saying those same words in a few years. It was a pretty decent show showing real people which we have never heard of before. I agree that Dr. McGinn was a little stuck on herself on the show but I will have to say she is confident in who she is and I hope that I have that kind of confidence someday.

Cindi Johnson
03-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I missed the show. There's two TS women who are surgeons performing SRS.
One is Marcie Bowers and the other is Christine Mcginn.
Both are arrogant pieces of garbage.

I've had surgery performed by Doctor Bowers and found her, and her staff, to be very competent and professional. I was treated respectfully. In no way could I ever describe her as arrogant. I realize this thread is not about Dr. Bowers, but it would be a failure on my part to allow that statement to stand without rebuttal.

Julia_in_Pa
03-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Cindi,

Her and her staff's qualifications are not in question. What I have a problem with is the condescending attitude that many received at Gold Rush 2009 in Denver.
Her arrogance and " Rock Star " position combine to fill me with disgust.
I made sure she knew of my displeasure by me spelling it out to her.

She treated you with respect because you paid for a service and you received said service.

A prostitute will also treat you with respect if you pay her for such.

Julia

I've had surgery performed by Doctor Bowers and found her, and her staff, to be very competent and professional. I was treated respectfully. In no way could I ever describe her as arrogant. I realize this thread is not about Dr. Bowers, but it would be a failure on my part to allow that statement to stand without rebuttal.