PDA

View Full Version : Take her first

Leanne2
03-29-2012, 03:30 PM
This afternoon I stopped at a quick stop grocery to buy milk. I had come from work so I was in drab. When I walked up to the small counter to check out a lady was ahead of me with lots of groceries. The older gentleman clerk was having her fill out paperwork; possibly for WIC. The lady was anxious for anyone else waiting so she told the clerk," take her first. I can wait." The clerk knows that I am not female so he looked at me to see my expression. Of course, I just smiled and said that I don't mind. After more waiting the lady again said, "Take her first." It made my day! Leanne

kimdl93
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
She meant it - thats all that matters. I bet you're still smiling!

Cynthia Anne
03-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Can't complain about that! That's like ''passing'' while in drab!!!!! Hugs!

Sandra1746
03-30-2012, 06:53 AM
I have had this happen to me too, and I was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. I assume it's the long hair, jewelry (earrings and necklace) and a purse that are the "cues" that confuse the other person. It's always good for a smile.

Sometimes the SA will make the slip and then become embarrassed. I assure them that no offense was taken and it becomes a little bit of humor in their otherwise dull day.

I guess I am just "ambiguous".

Hugs,
Sandra1746

Leanne2
03-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Sandra,
I find that as I get older it is easier to pass. In fact, in drab I still look like a lot of the older women do. I have B cup breasts with no padding and my hair is styled fem. Also I carry a women's zip wallet all the time. If I don't talk much I can pass pretty easily. In fact I did it today. I just don't go around announcing,"By the way, I am a man." If someone takes me as a women I just go with it. Leanne

KimberlyJean
03-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I guess that is also a statement about how much other people really pay attention. This helps me feel better about being out and about.:)

Alice B
03-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow. if you were in drab and looked that good it is a great compliment.

EjayeCD
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I have long hair & when I was taking my mother & sister out for my mothers birthday (83), the hostess said hi ladies. My sister teases me all the time.