PDA

View Full Version : Close call!

Claire Cook
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
We are having some friends for dinner tomorrow night (no, I won’t be dressed). Claire hasn’t been out for a week or two, so she thought she would go out this morning to do the shopping. (I love grocery shopping en femme!) Everything was fine – several “How are you ma’am’s”, and some chitchat with other ladies. Now I had put my purse in the little tray in the shopping cart, as I have done before. Got to the self checkout counter, did the scans, got out my credit card, fine. Took the cart out to the parking lot, put the groceries in the car and returned the cart to the cart return place in the lot. Then I got home .. and OMIGOD! WHERE IS MY PURSE?? Uh-oh, I must have left it in the cart! :doh:

I drove back to the store (at an unlady-like pace…) and there was the cart in the lot … but no purse! So I went inside, and my first thought was to check at the self-checkout stands. I asked the lady in charge there if she had seen a purse .. no, she hadn’t. Now what?? Well, I look at the next aisle … and there it was!! Both the checkout lady and the lady in charge of the self-checkout area had seen me before and probably recognized me, at least as a previous customer, “There it is!” I cried. Checkout lady: “Are you ever lucky! Someone saw it in the lot and brought it in.” Well, my hand went to my breast, I gave a huge sigh and said “Thank you SO much!” Well, there was another lady at the self-checkout and she said “You know, the same thing happened to me!” All I could do was look very relieved and wish all of the ladies a great day.

So .. lesson learned. Remember to check for your purse, girl! Things my mother never taught me since she didn’t raise a daughter. Now I’ll have a laugh with those ladies the next time I shop there … I’ll bet they will remember me. “Yes, I WILL remember my purse!”

May others also have good luck today!

ArleneRaquel
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Years ago, circa 2005, I was waiting for a bus whiloe dressed enfemme, after a block or so on the bus, I discovered that I left my oversized purse at the stop. I asked the driver to stop and got off, luckily a car just behind the bus the couple in the car recovered my purse and all was well as my keys were in the purse. Where ever is was that I was going I returned home and thanked my lucky stars.
Thanks Clair for wishing us ladies luck. I inow what you went through.:hugs::cheer:

PretzelGirl
03-30-2012, 03:47 PM
I think it is a bit natural depending how often you go out. Many are not used to carrying something around and if you set it down, your mind may not click on picking it back up. I am glad you were able to get it back. There are still plenty of honest people left around.

Claire Cook
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
I think it is a bit natural depending how often you go out. Many are not used to carrying something around and if you set it down, your mind may not click on picking it back up. I am glad you were able to get it back. There are still plenty of honest people left around.

Sue, indeed I was very fortunate. You can imagine all of the thoughts going through my head before I found it. It had both my male and female wallets...

kimdl93
03-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Wow, Claire, that was close! I had a similar moment this morning when I couldn't find my debit card. Turns out I had left it at a bar last night. Fortunately, they still had it behind the bar, so I was equally relieved!

Laura912
03-30-2012, 04:46 PM
One can understand the grocery store, but Kim...the bar?...you need a drink limit?...kidding. :)

kimdl93
03-30-2012, 06:49 PM
One can understand the grocery store, but Kim...the bar?...you need a drink limit?...kidding. :)

I do need someone to keep an eye on me when my wife is out of town!

Persephone
03-31-2012, 03:01 AM
The last time it happened to me was a few years ago when I left my purse on the seat in a movie theater. And I had just picked up our cash for the next two weeks. I went running back and it turned out that an usher had brought it up to the manager's office. What a relief! I still vividly remember that feeling of cold fear.

It isn't just a CD thing, most women have probably done it a time or two.

You might make sure you always put your keys in your purse. That makes it much more difficult to drive away without it.

I have a Finders Key Purse (R) (click here) (http://www.finderskeypurse.com/) on my keys. It is a great girly gadget with a key clip on one end and a decorated hook on the other end. It slips over the edge of your purse and keeps your keys where you can find them quickly. The little decoration can range from hearts and flowers to NBA logos. I highly recommend the original brand as they are very well made, I've had one for years.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/FindersKeyPurse.jpg

Hugs,
Persephone

Claire Cook
03-31-2012, 04:45 AM
It isn't just a CD thing, most women have probably done it a time or two.

You might make sure you always put your keys in your purse. That makes it much more difficult to drive away without it.

I have a Finders Key Purse (R) (click here) (http://www.finderskeypurse.com/) on my keys. It is a great girly gadget with a key clip on one end and a decorated hook on the other end. It slips over the edge of your purse and keeps your keys where you can find them quickly. The little decoration can range from hearts and flowers to NBA logos. I highly recommend the original brand as they are very well made, I've had one for years.

Hugs,
Persephone

Persephone, thanks for the great tips -- things my mother should have taught me (if only she knew......). But are the FKP folks serious about the $175 minimum order? I'll check for something like this the next time I visit Claire's (just love the store and the name!)