PDA

View Full Version : Should I be ticked off or not?

Jennifer529
03-31-2012, 10:24 PM
My GF has recently taken to "borrowing" my clothing etc.
I am a bit "put off" by this,she asks me sometimes which is ok,but if I say no she is a bit cranky.
What to do?
I know having a gf that is cool with my dressing is great,but,....

Chiana
03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I would take it as a compliment to your sense of style.

ArleneRaquel
03-31-2012, 10:42 PM
I agree with Chiana, it's a fabulous compliment.

sissystephanie
03-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Chiana is right, it is a compliment. Certainly not something to be "ticked" off about! Be glad you have a girlfriend who accepts your crossdressing!

STACY B
03-31-2012, 10:47 PM
My SO does that to ,, I dont care but sometimes its like they act like you cant wear it so Ill wear it for ya ,,,Thats the vibe I get ,, Yea I would wear it if ya didn't want to throw a friggen fit all the dam time .

Janelle_C
03-31-2012, 11:20 PM
I think it's a compliment too. And I think it's a small price to pay for having someone in your life that is cool with you crossdressing. And if she can borrow your clothes then you should be able to borrow hers.

Cynthia Anne
03-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Wow! If we all could be so lucky! It is a great compliment! Hugs!

Tanya C
03-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Not only is it a compliment, but it is also affirmation of her acceptance of your fem side.

Marleena
03-31-2012, 11:33 PM
I agree with the others> compliment. She must like your taste in clothes.:)

Dutchgal
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Yes - it's a compliment to you.

Now, have you considered returning the favor? Does she have anything in HER closet that you would like to try out?

Kristy_K
04-01-2012, 12:09 AM

I would agree and feel honored by that.

Kristy

Barbara Ella
04-01-2012, 12:15 AM
It is a compliment for sure, but isn't it just the case that that garment was the perfect one you were planning to wear, and she just looks so damn good in it you want to hug her, but spill a soda on it at the same time so you can wear it while she is out?

Babes

rachellegsep
04-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Ask to borrow some of her clothes sometime ?

tara t
04-01-2012, 12:43 AM
mine borrows anything that suits her, we share a lot of nightwear too . we are the same dress size and do most our clothes shopping together and we've even got bitchy about who owns what when we get home lol. that said she isnt that that keen on me borrowing some of her clothes .
the main drawback is that she tends to stretch the boob area of my clothes .

ReineD
04-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Standard, garden-variety boundaries differ among families/culture. For example in my family, when a relative called long distance (this was pre cell phones), the entire family would get on all the extra lines. In some families this would have been considered the epitome of rudeness.

In some families sisters have an open invitation to share each other's clothes, while in others this is a huge no-no. Some couples don't mind if their partners taste the food on their plates while others think it is disgusting to share a plate.

This is a long story to say that, not unlike any other couple who learns to live together, you and she have different boundaries when it comes to personal property or personal space. You owe it to yourself and to her to talk about this, and engage in the art of negotiation in order to come up with a new set of rules that you both feel comfortable with. If you don't say anything you might begin to harbor resentments that will grow and this will not do your relationship any favors.

BRANDYJ
04-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Like others, I'd consider it a compliment. What's mine is hers, just as I am hers. I'd never tell her no.
Funny, how we read all the time about us borrowing a mother's or sister's clothes when we were growing up as wrong as all the sneaking might have been. (I honestly never did) but now we have a CD upset that their clothes is being borrowed. Times are sure changing. LOL

RADER
04-01-2012, 06:40 AM
I think it's a compliment too. And I think it's a small price to pay for having someone in your life that is cool with you crossdressing. And if she can borrow your clothes then you should be able to borrow hers.

Ditto; ask to borrow some of her clothes, have a swap party. LOL
Rader

KimberlyJean
04-01-2012, 06:48 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to buy more clothes, honestly my wife treats my clothes like they are radioactive. I would be happy to loan her things but our sizes are very different.

Raychel
04-01-2012, 06:55 AM
My wife does this fairly often, She will go in my closet and grab a dress, usually one of my favorites, The only problem is she doesn't really borrow them, Borrowing means that you will eventually get the item back. Once she has greabbed it, I never get it back.

Skyeyes
04-01-2012, 07:07 AM
I would be honored. It means she treats you and your taste in clothing with great respect.

steffigirl37
04-01-2012, 07:09 AM
I find it to very flattering when my wife wears my feminine clothes. My tastes tend to be on the sexy side so when she wears them it can be very attractive. Besides I think she does it to tease me which can be fun.

IamSara
04-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Take it as a compliment!!! Enjoy the wonderful feeling of sharing your things with your GF.

Jocelyn Quivers
04-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I agree with others in taking it as a compliment. Although I do sympathize with your plight in that my wife does the same things with my outfits, especailly my good and favorite ones. On the lighter side a few of my skirts and pants are too big for her.

Launa
04-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Were all different with our boundaries as some of the members have said but if shes only using your clothes and everything else in your relationship is cool then I would let this slide. I wouldn't complain about a thing, kinda like going to a banquet and finding that theres one dish you don't like. Just leave it alone and move on say nothing....

Joanne f
04-01-2012, 08:24 AM
I agree with all the rest , take it as a complement and the willing nest to share plus the acceptance of what you like to wear, but (always that but):heehee: i can understand how you feel as beleave it or not i still get an odd feeling when on the rare occasion my wife wants to borrow something of mine yet she is completely willing to let me borrow anything of hers , we seam to be over protective of are personal things sometimes when we should be looking at it in a another light.

Maria 60
04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think it would bother me, after all i wore her cloths for so many years if she knew it or not. My only problem i have with the borrowing thing is she doesn't wear pantyhose very much anymore, so when she needs them she will take a pair of mine wear them once and throw them out because she doesn't know when she will wear them again. That's my beef but i love the sharing cloths idea.

Jenniferathome
04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I love it when my wife borrows my things. I think you should be proud, not ticked off.

Tina B.
04-01-2012, 09:26 AM
It is not unusual for girlfriends to share, and anytime a women wants to borrow your clothes, she is saying I like your style, and I'm comfortable that they are yours. instead of being miffed, I would be proud as a peacock (make that Pea hen) that she liked my clothes enough to want to wear them.
Tina B.

Ari333
04-01-2012, 09:30 AM
It is not unusual for girlfriends to share, and anytime a women wants to borrow your clothes, she is saying I like your style, and I'm comfortable that they are yours. instead of being miffed, I would be proud as a peacock (make that Pea hen) that she liked my clothes enough to want to wear them.
Tina B.

I totally agree w/ tina, you are SOOOO lucky that you can share things and she is cool about it! and I'm sure she has things you like? honey thats win-win!

Sarah Roberts
04-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Good god, oh how I wish that would have happened to me. It is a total compliment, a complete affirmation of her acceptance to you and your feminine lifestyle and she loves your style and taste in clothes.. She is definitely a keeper and tell her she can wear what ever she likes of yours... not to mention if she's wearing your clothes that means you can fit into hers, go raid her closet.. I bet she would love that... Have an outfit swapping day.. each of you once a week or when ever you want, go into each others closets and drawers and grab what you want and then the 2 of you go out on the town, shopping, dining, clubbing.. what ever.. Have fun with the fact that you have such an accepting woman in your life, cause many of us don't...

Foxglove
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Back in the days when I was married, my wife would borrow my dresses and skirts and I'd borrow hers. I never saw anything to get upset about. Except one time when she was going away for a week and didn't have any clean panties at the time, and so she took every last pair of mine. I was not too pleased with that.

Roxie X
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Definately agree here, chance to go out together and buy some for you both to wear.
As others say I borrow and try buy what we can both enjoy.
If you have said buy her something or at least give her hugs.

Roxie
:kiss:

~Joanne~
04-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Add another mark in the "compliment" bracket ;) Like many have mentioned, she apparently like your style and choices in clothing. My GF (if she knew) wouldn't wear anything I have in my collection thus far. Mainly because she wouldn't fit in them. I do however provide pantyhose when she needs them as she doesn't buy any and just figures I have plenty for her to take a pair .

Yes it can be upsetting but if it really bothers you, do what I do when she needs hose and I don't want to give a pair up....take her shopping!

Jennifer529
04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Thanks for all your thoughts on my "plight"lol,I suppose it is quite a compliment,never thought of it that way!
I would like to borrow some of her clothes but she is a bit smaller than me so they would be a bit "snug" :)

aprilmaeflowers
04-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not married anymore, yet my X was OK with my dressing. But due to the fact in our size, she was a 7, and me 14 at that time, we didn't exchange cloths. Just take it as a compliment and go with it...

JenniferR771
04-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I really wish my wife would borrow something of mine. It would signal a bit of acceptance. Shoes not likely. But dress? wig? pantyhose? jewelry? lipstick? --or sure, by all means, and welcome.

kimdl93
04-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Whe you say "borrow" she is just wearing them, right - she's not appropriating your clothers? If she's just wearing some of your things, don't be ticked off. Just be very grateful to have a gf who shares this part of your life. And set a good example by asking before you borrow any of her things.

ashleymasters
04-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I understand you being ticked. But maybe her sharing clothes with you makes it feel less like your dressing is turning away from her. I know that's not what dressing means but it can feel that way. but if itakes you feel any better my wife takes all my guy clothes. And now my daughter does too.

Organza
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
However you feel, that's the right way to feel. My wife sometimes grabs one of my dresses or skirts, tries it on, and says, "Oh, this is mine now." I enjoy it, but my favorite is when she borrows my nylons. I'm so happy that she wears nylons that I don't mind if she borrows all of them. Now I wish she'd go back to wearing my slips around the house...
Lisa

RenneB
04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I would love to be in your situation. My SO is a size 18 and I'm 10/12 so neither of us can wear each others clothes.

I agree with the other posters that I would take this as a compliment...

Renne.....

Confetti
04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Really,

I went for broke buying outfits I knew he would look great in one for me two for you, needless to say I have loads of fun dresses that will not fit me I wear a size 2-4 and the doll wore a 12-14. I should have kept the crinoline ...
The worst was this negligee from ebay it had so many layers of chiffon 38 C there is no way that will ever fit my chest, I put it on with a slip it felt like a good Hammer Horror move dress-Which I payed way too much for in a bidding war.
try to put them back on your side at least you all are lucky to share.

Beverley Sims
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Jennifer,
Go with the flow, things can only get better.
They are only clothes, or does she look better in your clothes than you do?:)
That may be the problem.

Stephanie47
04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
She accepts your cross dressing, and, you want to complain about her wearing some of your stuff? Yep, dump her for sure! Wait for the next girlfriend who will not want to wear your clothing as she tosses you out of the house! :)

ReineD
04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I forgot to mention earlier that my SO loves it when I wear her clothes. I felt bad at one point for always wearing a certain nightie, thinking that she'd mind like you do (although I always asked, I didn't know if she was just being polite by acquiescing), but she did say she enjoyed it. She is always offering some of her clothes for me to wear, but unfortunately we are different sizes. I have borrowed earrings before though.

As to panty hose, when we have an over-nighter somewhere, I always bring several pairs in case I run one at the last minute, and on several occasions my SO ended up wearing them because she forgot hers. lol

They are only clothes, or does she look better in your clothes than you do?:)
That may be the problem.

This is an odd statement. Do you mean does she look more feminine in the clothes than does Jennifer? Well, the SO is a birth female, so why would she look more masculine?

If you mean is she more attractive, I don't care whether we are male or female, we all need to come to terms with the attractiveness quotient we are born with. Our bone structures simply are what they are. :p

Michaella
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't want to dismiss what you honestly feel, but I do think I would get a real kick out of a woman wanting to wear something of my feminine clothes. And I have to admit that might be a bit kinky.

Michaella

NicoleScott
04-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Now you know what to buy for her for a gift occasion (or no occasion).

suchacutie
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I see it could be a positive, but as Reine suggested this is something to talk about and you clearly haven't laid the groundrules of sharing. I bet this is not an unrelated incident and I wonder how many other things get shared and in what way.

This sounds like a good way to start a very useful conversation :)

tina

Sherrii
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
You are lucky. Lucky she will do it, and lucky you are close enough in size to be able to do it. I would say you should be getting off on the fact you can borrow each others clothes. Just like two girls living together shareing clothes. Lucky, lucky, lucky you.

Sherrii

Traci Lynn
04-01-2012, 08:33 PM
My wife has known about my crossdressing forever, but has never accepted it well recently she was taking off for the weekend with her half sister and needed some black thigh highs, and after a few very stressful minutes I ended up offering her mine.... She thought it was awesome and put them right now, she even promised to return them intact which she did. Crazy fun day, I even helped her clip the garter straps.