PDA

View Full Version : Woman Skills

Sherrii
04-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I can only under dress or dress at home however I have noticed I have developed some "woman skills". Has anyone thought about this, or would you like to add to the list? I do have pierced ears and can put in my earrings with out looking in a mirror. I can unfasten my bra with one hand. I don't get to walk very far in heels but I can nanage them. Just a fun little thought, welcome your comments!

Sherrii

jennifercd
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I have shoulder length hair and wear it in a feminine style even when I am in everyday guy mode. I have noticed that after i got it to the current length that I have been keeping it at for the last couple of years I have gotten very good at whipping up a style with in seconds some times. It's gotten to the point that say on a hot day in the car I can pull my hair back put it up in a pony tail or half pony tail, pull about an inch out from my bang to hang down and frame my face and proceed to drive without even missing a beat.

Thought of another. I have got quite good at tying a bow behind my back.

Marilyn Beck
04-02-2012, 12:03 AM
I have become much more proficient in buttoning shirts with the buttons on the "wrong" side.

Eryn
04-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I can only under dress or dress at home however I have noticed I have developed some "woman skills". Has anyone thought about this, or would you like to add to the list? I do have pierced ears and can put in my earrings with out looking in a mirror. I can unfasten my bra with one hand. I don't get to walk very far in heels but I can nanage them. Just a fun little thought, welcome your comments!

Sherrii

One thing that I've noticed about heels is that those heels that I'm so practiced and confident with at home can become rather scary stilts when I'm out in the real world! That doesn't stop me, just makes me a bit more cautious!

The bra I can do (sometimes), tiny necklace clasps drive me nuts, and I'm very glad that my wife and i can do each other's zippers. Mimi has also taught me how to drive with drying nails, another important skill!

The harder skills are the behavioral ones. Walking, talking, etc. like a GG. Those take a lot of practice.

sara123
04-02-2012, 01:14 AM
heels do wonders for your normal balance.

suchacutie
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm starting to look at the psychological and intercommunication skills. These are more subtle but after one's presentation is working, it is these skills that come to the fore. I started with smiling more, talking to my wife about how she reacts in various situations, and just watching GGs interact in public. It is amazing how this changes one's thinking!

tina

Cheryl T
04-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Back hook and zipper skirts used to drive me crazy...now it's second nature.
Hooking a bra behind me....like opening my cell phone (and my wife can't do it).
Heels?? Well, I've been wearing them forever and learned how to walk in them when I was 10. My wife is still amazed that I can wear stilettos and walk confidently while she prefers a stacked heel an inch shorter...lol.

Barbara Ella
04-02-2012, 06:57 PM
I am learning and improving daily. I can put lipstick on without a mirror now. Back zippers have improved the flexibility in my bad shoulders, but not enough to do a bra properly, still a spinner. I am getting good at 3 to 4 inch heels, which is all i can get my feet into - just have to have a proper fitting shoe, my worst problem.

I am looking forward to mastering more of these skills.

Barbara

Nikki A.
04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I can now apply eyeliner and eyeshadow, it doesn't look like a 4 yr old did it (OK maybe an 8 year old now). I can keep a bra on for 12 hrs + if needed and not complain as long as its one of my better fitting bras.
I can walk in heels, but I have bad feet and I really can't wear them for more than an little bit.

DeeDeeB
04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Heels aren't a problem, but I walk like a stevedore. Still working on the runway walk. Voice is still very masculine, but I've been working on that. Fact is, after 10+years of trying, I'm still a guy in a dress. I'd like to dress fulltime, but I haven't the confidence, and that's what it takes. With confidence the details will be overlooked by most people.

Dee :fairy1:

KaTanya
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, if you're going to wear heels, practice, practice, practice. Forward, backward, sideways, the whole shebang. (As a side note, I've been paying attention to it lately, and I see a lot of GG's who need more practice, but that's no excuse for sloppy footwork.)

think of it like learning any other skill. Get the fundamentals down and go from there. Get the right tools (as per Purple's silk glove recommendation) from the start- it'll save you a lot of aggravation (and possibly money)

kimberly ann487
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Doing anything, and I mean "anything" with long nails. I'm fairly good with medium length. Although my nails are the last thing I do when leaving the house.

Cynthia Anne
04-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I too have gotten so use to buttening blouses a mans shirt seems backward! And carrying a purse for me is so natrual that I don't own a wallet! Hugs!